Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

that was <deleted>. jesus.

Back to reality with a bang, be lucky to make top 4 this season.

To be fair Nev it was only Pishflaps dishing out the daily hyperbole about Liverpool being this and that and whatever. I think most on here knew that this season was likely to be an awful lot tougher. Especially with the integration of a number of new squad players.

Thats one of the reasons United won't be making top four, and again, despite the Pishflaps van Gaal is a magician cobblers.

On a positive note Henderson continues to be everywhere on the pitch, and we will be much better than this. I think the internationals did us in big time. I don't blame Rogers for not using Sterling, he's trying to avoid losing him like Sturridge. It was very disappointing the lack of impact Lambert and Borini had.

Villa playing with a back 8

Bangcrap, I never said down the left, his best position is as a right sided player and also, my point is a general lack of width with this Liverpool side. Yes, he plays Markovic but doesn't use Sterling - only as a substitute late on! And b4 hyper critical Wilia, comes back, I'm not on about wingers. For packed defences u need width to break them down ala Bayern and Germany, with two decent attacking wide type players and two good FBs. If Rodgers doesn't learn this, there's sadly going to be more mediocre this season. If you've got the players use them pls and start playing as a team!

On a positive note Henderson continues to be everywhere on the pitch, and we will be much better than this. I think the internationals did us in big time. I don't blame Rogers for not using Sterling, he's trying to avoid losing him like Sturridge. It was very disappointing the lack of impact Lambert and Borini had.

I do blame Rodgers for not using Sterling.

IMO he takes the game to the defence and scares the shit out of them right from the start, before they have time to organise and adapt themselves. He gives immediate momentum to the attack and puts defence's on the back foot.

I'd much rather start Sterling and bring him off when and if need be.

• Like 1

Lambert wins the managerial duel, yet again!!. Cant say i enjoyed what i saw from either side yesterday, particularly villa , who parked the bus and were just horrible to watch, but effective. liverpool struggle with out sturridge and Stirling, wait till 3 games a week really hits, is your squad ready ?

i'm not so sure it is.

IMO he takes the game to the defence and scares the shit out of them right from the start, before they have time to organise and adapt themselves. He gives immediate momentum to the attack and puts defence's on the back foot.

Could it be that he was worried about Stirling ending up injured and sidelined like Sturridge? If that was the case then I still don't blame him, if it was tactical then I agree with you. I think you should start with your best players every game, and mean to win every game. I think this decision was linked to international duty and the England team's games and training. Personally I think it's time he retiredwink.png

Bangcrap, I never said down the left, his best position is as a right sided player and also, my point is a general lack of width with this Liverpool side. Yes, he plays Markovic but doesn't use Sterling - only as a substitute late on! And b4 hyper critical Wilia, comes back, I'm not on about wingers. For packed defences u need width to break them down ala Bayern and Germany, with two decent attacking wide type players and two good FBs. If Rodgers doesn't learn this, there's sadly going to be more mediocre this season. If you've got the players use them pls and start playing as a team!

I didn't say "Codpiece face sad to play him down the left" I was inferring you'd be happy with Rodgers decision to start him.

Your point is a laboured, tedious one. You seem to think you are an expert on football tactics, but if you were you wouldn't be on here sharing your inept knowledge with the likes of me.

• Like 1

Could it be that he was worried about Stirling ending up injured and sidelined like Sturridge? If that was the case then I still don't blame him, if it was tactical then I agree with you. I think you should start with your best players every game, and mean to win every game. I think this decision was linked to international duty and the England team's games and training. Personally I think it's time he retiredwink.png

Markovic apparently suspended from CL game which is why Sterling was rested for Villa....still don't agree with the decisionsad.png

I didn't say "Codpiece face sad to play him down the left" I was inferring you'd be happy with Rodgers decision to start him.

Your point is a laboured, tedious one. You seem to think you are an expert on football tactics, but if you were you wouldn't be on here sharing your inept knowledge with the likes of me.

Somtamme lad, your outdated,and (as Bob says) "inept" knowledge will not be responded to unless it appears in other people's quotes. This is due to the fact that you are blocked. We have to deal with other teams fans on this thread whose knowledge of the game is average at best. But to hear such deluded tactical advice from a so-called LFC fan is not worth listening to.coffee1.gif FWIW " with two decent attacking wide type players and two good FBs." &lt;deleted&gt;? The central midfield would be outnumbered, overrun and slaughtered in the modern game. Sure you are not Roy Hodgson?cheesy.gif

PS: Bob, stop quoting him, it's ruining my pre-golf Leobiggrin.png

• Like 1

Don't put yourself down Bob, your all football experts on here biggrin.png

Don't put yourself down Bob, your all football experts on here biggrin.png

Unless of course you disagree with wils ! then you don't know anything rolleyes.gif

Mingolet : Manquillo , Sakho , Lovren , Moreno : Stevie , Hendo , Llallana , Coutinho : Balotelli , Markovic .

I thought this line-up would have torn the back out of Villa , so much for a team on paper . Very disappointed we have not improved at all against a team that gets in your face & gives us no time on the ball .Once again I thought Coutinho was poor . Llallana needs more games , Hendo works hard but not very creative . Then I come to our really weak area ie Holding mid . Why in gods name did Rodgers not sign Alex Song on a free , He could then have used Stevie as an impact player . It is patently obvious he cannot last 90 mins .

Anyone know if the LFC vs. Ludograts is being shown live on any Thai tv channels .

You have got a really tough Champions League game ahead so not surprising that Brendan kept Sterling back. Oooh ... hang on a minute Ludocras at home tongue.png

OK - I'll turn off the baiting. I'm not looking forward to an exhausted Arsenal first team plus a fresh Cazorla being torn-up by Klopp tomorrow night!

Mingolet : Manquillo , Sakho , Lovren , Moreno : Stevie , Hendo , Llallana , Coutinho : Balotelli , Markovic .

I thought this line-up would have torn the back out of Villa , so much for a team on paper . Very disappointed we have not improved at all against a team that gets in your face & gives us no time on the ball .Once again I thought Coutinho was poor . Llallana needs more games , Hendo works hard but not very creative . Then I come to our really weak area ie Holding mid . Why in gods name did Rodgers not sign Alex Song on a free , He could then have used Stevie as an impact player . It is patently obvious he cannot last 90 mins .

Anyone know if the LFC vs. Ludograts is being shown live on any Thai tv channels .

More down to Rodgers this time than anything else. Should have brought Lucas on at half time (as he did last year) and Sterling to replace Markovic & Coutinho. That would have helped Gerrard and freed Henderson to play his normal position instead of the "double pivot" which is a waste of his energy (more hangover from the England games ? Who knows?)

The front four was far too much of a gamble seeing as they hadn't played together before. (definitely shades of the Spuds last year!)sad.png Markovic's CL ban may have played a part in the decision making, but BR could and should have changed things a lot sooner than he did!

No idea about the Bulgariansmate. Probably watching on Wiziwig.tv

In other news,having to read Roy Hodgson's alter ego this am didn't affect the golf....42 points and 5,000 bahtthumbsup.gif

• Like 1

It's official, Wils is a flippflopper ! plenty of posts the day after a win but no posts the day after a defeat, perhaps he was still trying to work out why Lallana wasn't playing center forward whistling.gifbiggrin.png

Premature ejaculating again nonceybiggrin.png . Many of us have far better things to do at weekends than to make knee jerk comments after a football match. Obviously not your goodself...so back to your steroids and stay on your own thread eh?

All fair points there wilai and you will see its taken us a season to finally find our first choice attacking three of Eriksen, Lamela and Chadli. You can't even begging to integrate, evaluate until they are all fit. It takes time.

Baring in mind the performance at Spurs you've all come down rather harsh on the back of this defeat. All the top clubs will have one of these scenarios against a parked bus.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

All fair points there wilai and you will see its taken us a season to finally find our first choice attacking three of Eriksen, Lamela and Chadli. You can't even begging to integrate, evaluate until they are all fit. It takes time.

Baring in mind the performance at Spurs you've all come down rather harsh on the back of this defeat. All the top clubs will have one of these scenarios against a parked bus.

Does Eriksons hair look significantly thicker on top, this season?

Trying not to be harsh on the players mate...just think BR was a little bit over confident in leaving out Sterling, changing the formation, and expecting 4 attacking players to jell immediately against a team with a v good defensive record (so far!)this season.

Anyway, see my next post to check how a couple of your rejects are doing. 1st minute is hilariousbiggrin.png

The rise of Raheem! Contrary to good ole Somtamme's theories, his stats have improved immensely, not only his shooting accuracy (and therefore goals), but also his assists, successful dribbles, and key passes since moving away from the wide man position. Hopefully, this example will stop him spouting about playing Sterling wide?...nah, I doubt it! but remember son, Diamonds are foreverbiggrin.png

Bxjdz0ECYAAqy1T.jpg

stats courtesy of Financial Times......No FT, No commentsmile.png

Edited by wilai