Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

You have got a really tough Champions League game ahead so not surprising that Brendan kept Sterling back. Oooh ... hang on a minute Ludocras at home tongue.png

OK - I'll turn off the baiting. I'm not looking forward to an exhausted Arsenal first team plus a fresh Cazorla being torn-up by Klopp tomorrow night!

Quiz question:

Who was the first English team to win in the Westfalenstadion?

(I'll give you a clue: It was 10 months ago).

F F S what sort of fan are you Santi?

Edited by Chicog

On a positive note Henderson continues to be everywhere on the pitch, and we will be much better than this. I think the internationals did us in big time. I don't blame Rogers for not using Sterling, he's trying to avoid losing him like Sturridge. It was very disappointing the lack of impact Lambert and Borini had.

I do blame Rodgers for not using Sterling.

IMO he takes the game to the defence and scares the shit out of them right from the start, before they have time to organise and adapt themselves. He gives immediate momentum to the attack and puts defence's on the back foot.

I'd much rather start Sterling and bring him off when and if need be.

Could it be that he was worried about Stirling ending up injured and sidelined like Sturridge? If that was the case then I still don't blame him, if it was tactical then I agree with you. I think you should start with your best players every game, and mean to win every game. I think this decision was linked to international duty and the England team's games and training. Personally I think it's time he retiredwink.png

Where's the spelling gestapo ? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Mingolet : Manquillo , Sakho , Lovren , Moreno : Stevie , Hendo , Llallana , Coutinho : Balotelli , Markovic .

I thought this line-up would have torn the back out of Villa , so much for a team on paper . Very disappointed we have not improved at all against a team that gets in your face & gives us no time on the ball .Once again I thought Coutinho was poor . Llallana needs more games , Hendo works hard but not very creative . Then I come to our really weak area ie Holding mid . Why in gods name did Rodgers not sign Alex Song on a free , He could then have used Stevie as an impact player . It is patently obvious he cannot last 90 mins .

Anyone know if the LFC vs. Ludograts is being shown live on any Thai tv channels .

Spelling gestapo, where are ya ?

Mingolet : Manquillo , Sakho , Lovren , Moreno : Stevie , Hendo , Llallana , Coutinho : Balotelli , Markovic .

I thought this line-up would have torn the back out of Villa , so much for a team on paper . Very disappointed we have not improved at all against a team that gets in your face & gives us no time on the ball .Once again I thought Coutinho was poor . Llallana needs more games , Hendo works hard but not very creative . Then I come to our really weak area ie Holding mid . Why in gods name did Rodgers not sign Alex Song on a free , He could then have used Stevie as an impact player . It is patently obvious he cannot last 90 mins .

Anyone know if the LFC vs. Ludograts is being shown live on any Thai tv channels .

More down to Rodgers this time than anything else. Should have brought Lucas on at half time (as he did last year) and Sterling to replace Markovic & Coutinho. That would have helped Gerrard and freed Henderson to play his normal position instead of the "double pivot" which is a waste of his energy (more hangover from the England games ? Who knows?)

The front four was far too much of a gamble seeing as they hadn't played together before. (definitely shades of the Spuds last year!)sad.png Markovic's CL ban may have played a part in the decision making, but BR could and should have changed things a lot sooner than he did!

No idea about the Bulgariansmate. Probably watching on Wiziwig.tv

In other news,having to read Roy Hodgson's alter ego this am didn't affect the golf....42 points and 5,000 bahtthumbsup.gif

Wilai : my friend are you serious re : Lucas , It really pains me to think that Rodgers spent around 120 m . and Lucas is still next in line to replace Stevie , there is not one club in Europe that will take him on a free .

Wiziwig ! thanks , but no thanks don`t fancy getting up at 01:30 to be tormented by that , I would rather wait & watch a rerun on lfcgo .

?..........

?..........

You picky t..t Alfie .....what the L does it matter .

More down to Rodgers this time than anything else. Should have brought Lucas on at half time (as he did last year) and Sterling to replace Markovic & Coutinho. That would have helped Gerrard and freed Henderson to play his normal position instead of the "double pivot" which is a waste of his energy (more hangover from the England games ? Who knows?)

The front four was far too much of a gamble seeing as they hadn't played together before. (definitely shades of the Spuds last year!)sad.png Markovic's CL ban may have played a part in the decision making, but BR could and should have changed things a lot sooner than he did!

In other news,having to read Roy Hodgson's alter ego this am didn't affect the golf....42 points and 5,000 bahtthumbsup.gif

Wilai : my friend are you serious re : Lucas , It really pains me to think that Rodgers spent around 120 m . and Lucas is still next in line to replace Stevie , there is not one club in Europe that will take him on a free .

Wiziwig ! thanks , but no thanks don`t fancy getting up at 01:30 to be tormented by that , I would rather wait & watch a rerun on lfcgo .

Missing the point mate...watch the 2nd half from last year's game".Lucas didn't replace Gerrard, but freed him up to be more attacking.

Or, take the Beeb's word on it...(..but it did not take Liverpool long to take advantage as Steven Gerrard, pushed further forward after the half-time introduction of Lucas, started to dictate play.

The captain sent Suarez through with a brilliant diagonal pass soon after the restart and the Uruguayan, heading away from goal and with work to do, was sent sprawling by Guzan's rash challenge. Villa were adamant no contact had been made but Gerrard coolly side-footed home the penalty.

Driven forward by Gerrard, even after Joe Allen replaced injured substitute Lucas, Liverpool went close through Suarez and Raheem Sterling but were left frustrated as a battling Villa held on)

Not sure where you get your info from but Lucas was certainly not made available on a free! And as for Gerrard's eventual replacement....a chappie (who was in Saturday's squad) called Rossiter will be in the framethumbsup.gif

The rise of Raheem! Contrary to good ole Somtamme's theories, his stats have improved immensely, not only his shooting accuracy (and therefore goals), but also his assists, successful dribbles, and key passes since moving away from the wide man position. Hopefully, this example will stop him spouting about playing Sterling wide?...nah, I doubt it! but remember son, Diamonds are foreverbiggrin.png

Bxjdz0ECYAAqy1T.jpg

stats courtesy of Financial Times......No FT, No commentsmile.png

I think Rodgers is particularly well skilled at looking after younger players so a lot of the credit should go to him. Hence the reason I was somewhat surprised at the comments made on here about Sterling not playing against Villa. He is still only 19. has played less than 40 games in the 2 seasons he has played in the premier league (memory serves that a lot of those were NOT full games). This year Liverpool will be playing circa 60 games! You cannot expect Sterling to play 90 minutes every game.

He had just played for England a few days previous.

I think Sterling is an exceptional player and I am sure Rodgers knows what he is doing with him.

• Like 1

The rise of Raheem! Contrary to good ole Somtamme's theories, his stats have improved immensely, not only his shooting accuracy (and therefore goals), but also his assists, successful dribbles, and key passes since moving away from the wide man position. Hopefully, this example will stop him spouting about playing Sterling wide?...nah, I doubt it! but remember son, Diamonds are foreverbiggrin.png

Bxjdz0ECYAAqy1T.jpg

stats courtesy of Financial Times......No FT, No commentsmile.png

I think Rodgers is particularly well skilled at looking after younger players so a lot of the credit should go to him. Hence the reason I was somewhat surprised at the comments made on here about Sterling not playing against Villa. He is still only 19. has played less than 40 games in the 2 seasons he has played in the premier league (memory serves that a lot of those were NOT full games). This year Liverpool will be playing circa 60 games! You cannot expect Sterling to play 90 minutes every game.

He had just played for England a few days previous.

I think Sterling is an exceptional player and I am sure Rodgers knows what he is doing with him.

Poor sod, when I was 19 I played every evening for nothing, after a hard days work (and weekends) !

You try telling that to the youngsters of today. biggrin.png

Edited by uptheos

?..........

You picky t..t Alfie .....what the L does it matter .

No no it's not me fonsy boy, it's pinky and perky who usually pick people up on any spelling mistake rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Poor sod, when I was 19 I played every evening for nothing, after a hard days work (and weekends) !

You try telling that to the youngsters of today. biggrin.png

When I were 19 we got absolutely slaughtered on a Saturday night and went out and played on Sunday morning, whether t'breakfast stayed down or not.

Then again, we had it tough.

tongue.png

• Like 1

I see the nonce has started to reply to his own posts. Perhaps we can get his own forum; he could then talk to himself while pulling one off in front of the mirror. Hell, he might even find somebody interested in his drivel.

• Like 2

I see the nonce has started to reply to his own posts. Perhaps we can get his own forum; he could then talk to himself while pulling one off in front of the mirror. Hell, he might even find somebody interested in his drivel.

It's strange but when they havn't got a reply for a post they resort to name calling, classless lot them dippers biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn

Missing the point mate...watch the 2nd half from last year's game".Lucas didn't replace Gerrard, but freed him up to be more attacking.

Or, take the Beeb's word on it...(..but it did not take Liverpool long to take advantage as Steven Gerrard, pushed further forward after the half-time introduction of Lucas, started to dictate play.

The captain sent Suarez through with a brilliant diagonal pass soon after the restart and the Uruguayan, heading away from goal and with work to do, was sent sprawling by Guzan's rash challenge. Villa were adamant no contact had been made but Gerrard coolly side-footed home the penalty.

Driven forward by Gerrard, even after Joe Allen replaced injured substitute Lucas, Liverpool went close through Suarez and Raheem Sterling but were left frustrated as a battling Villa held on)

Not sure where you get your info from but Lucas was certainly not made available on a free! And as for Gerrard's eventual replacement....a chappie (who was in Saturday's squad) called Rossiter will be in the framethumbsup.gif

Wilai : young Rossiter is a cracking prospect & I would play him every time before Lucas (but then I would play the tea lady before this lazy clown) .I am afraid to say that our woefully weak squad will be shown up with 3 games in a week . Rodgers has blundered by sending so many youngsters out on loan , Ibe & Wisdom come to mind . But will be interesting to see BR`s squad for the Ludo. game .

^ Not worried about the loans mate. The two you mention need regular games and wouldn't have got that at Anfield (Ibe needs to work on his end product, and Derby isn't a bad place to be). Shortage we have is CDM/CM with the injuries to Can and Allen. International week does us again! Hope Rossiter gets on the bench tonight. Allen won't be fit and Can is out for a whilesad.png

Yeah, but the way BR is resting players or squad rotation as some call it, I cannot see a top four finish, esp. now Utd are back to winning style and Arsenal look stronger still. The big games this season are going to be critical, and LFC have lost one out of one so far. I'm not writing them off as yet, but BR has to quickly learn who his best 11 are, and stop being so soft. Would u be satisfied without qualifying for CL football?

Isn't it meant to be an extra 30M for qualifying for next seasons CL?

"50M" said Carmine Spud

Did i? I reckon you have to do a lot better than just qualify to reach a 50m figure

apologies, mistaken identity, and an all-round average interpretation of the mis-quote. "50M extra in the pot" said jangles

i haven't a clue really

Edited by BangrakBob

^ Not worried about the loans mate. The two you mention need regular games and wouldn't have got that at Anfield (Ibe needs to work on his end product, and Derby isn't a bad place to be). Shortage we have is CDM/CM with the injuries to Can and Allen. International week does us again! Hope Rossiter gets on the bench tonight. Allen won't be fit and Can is out for a whilesad.png

You are so right about the holding mid role this is our weakest position maybe a/s G/K , Mingolet does not fill me with confidence especially at set plays , stays too long glued to the goal line , relies too much on his reflex saves . Thought he was at fault for the Villa goal .

Yeah, but the way BR is resting players or squad rotation as some call it, I cannot see a top four finish, esp. now Utd are back to winning style and Arsenal look stronger still. The big games this season are going to be critical, and LFC have lost one out of one so far. I'm not writing them off as yet, but BR has to quickly learn who his best 11 are, and stop being so soft. Would u be satisfied without qualifying for CL football?

"Utd are back to winning style".

home defeat to swansea, draws with sunderland and burnley, beat an appalling QPR side managed by harry "has never taken a single point from old trafford in his entire managerial career" redknapp. sound the trumpets, call out the guard of honour.

there is some proper <deleted> being spouted so far this season.

• Like 2

Isn't it meant to be an extra 30M for qualifying for next seasons CL?

"50M" said Carmine Spud

Did i? I reckon you have to do a lot better than just qualify to reach a 50m figure

apologies, mistaken identity, and an all-round average interpretation of the mis-quote. "50M extra in the pot" said jangles

i haven't a clue really

Yeah twas me. Can't remember where I'd read/heard it now but a huge chunk of it is going to British clubs in the CL because of the BT Sport deal which comes into force next year. I think the additional 50 mil was based on an average depending how far you got.

Rossiter starting today!....for the kids. Pity, would have liked to give him a go tonight.

So much for giving the youngsters a chance , It looks odds on Lucas will start vs. Ludo . (he really should be playing Ludo the old board game).