Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

After the Bale and Suarez replacement fiascos, I guess no PL manager will ever again try to spread the money and will look for a like-for-like replacement, or nearest they can get.

Can't really blame AVB and Brendan for trying though. Both had quite broad reinforcement needs.

Edit: SAF managed it mind - can anyone remember what he did with the money from selling the Portugese Peacock?

Edit again: Congrats on hanging on in there. Basel are beatable. We could even end up against all odds with all 4 PL teams qualifying?! I would have put money on only Chelsea a couple of nights ago.

Did BR want those players?? BR said he'd rather have 1 or 2 world class players than 7 or 8 that might not improve anything. Why would he then go and do the opposite?

Why did he say no way would Balotelli ever wear a Liverpool shirt then 2 weeks later pay16 mill for him simple answer he is an FSG yes-man That was the reason he got the job in the first place .

We can't know if that is true totally true though. To me he does come across as a loyal type of guy who will take it on the chin rather than call out the owners. If the manager is being forced to be an "FSG yes-man" then the fault lies at the feet of FSG for having that policy, not the manager.

At the end of the day the buck will stop with the manager, and he is responsible for the results but i can't help but think the FSG transfer strategy is screwing us

Bob nothing to do with football I know , but I have close relatives who live in Swansea & according to them his ex-wife`s family would disagree about how loyal he is. But to get back to what we are interested in the u19`s showed the big boys how it should be done , they beat Ludo u19`s 3-0 Ojo 2 & Sinclair 1. But to progress in this Euro youth tourney they will have to beat Basel by two clear goals .

After the Bale and Suarez replacement fiascos, I guess no PL manager will ever again try to spread the money and will look for a like-for-like replacement, or nearest they can get.

Can't really blame AVB and Brendan for trying though. Both had quite broad reinforcement needs.

Edit: SAF managed it mind - can anyone remember what he did with the money from selling the Portugese Peacock?

Edit again: Congrats on hanging on in there. Basel are beatable. We could even end up against all odds with all 4 PL teams qualifying?! I would have put money on only Chelsea a couple of nights ago.

Teams like the dippers and Spurs are never going to get a like for like replacement or anything near,

A. There ain't any available because they all play for the big clubs.

B. If they were available they would be too expensive.

So what the managers have thought is, ok I can't get a straight replacement, so i'll buy a youngster who might eventually replace the superstar in Lamela and Markovich ! and spend the rest on players who will make the squad stronger so at least getting a positive somewhere.

So of course clubs will still spread the money because they're still getting something for their money !

alfie we don't go on the spurs thread and use derogatory descriptives about Spurs fans do you think you might refrain from insulting us every time you come on this thread?

Well said Bob , what are dippers anyhow , is it a slang term for pickpocket . If so that is very naughty of Alfie......shame on you Alfie & on such a friendly little forum .

Did BR want those players?? BR said he'd rather have 1 or 2 world class players than 7 or 8 that might not improve anything. Why would he then go and do the opposite?

Why did he say no way would Balotelli ever wear a Liverpool shirt then 2 weeks later pay16 mill for him simple answer he is an FSG yes-man That was the reason he got the job in the first place .

We can't know if that is true totally true though. To me he does come across as a loyal type of guy who will take it on the chin rather than call out the owners. If the manager is being forced to be an "FSG yes-man" then the fault lies at the feet of FSG for having that policy, not the manager.

At the end of the day the buck will stop with the manager, and he is responsible for the results but i can't help but think the FSG transfer strategy is screwing us

Bob nothing to do with football I know , but I have close relatives who live in Swansea & according to them his ex-wife`s family would disagree about how loyal he is. But to get back to what we are interested in the u19`s showed the big boys how it should be done , they beat Ludo u19`s 3-0 Ojo 2 & Sinclair 1. But to progress in this Euro youth tourney they will have to beat Basel by two clear goals .

"Bro's before Ho's" as they say biggrin.png

Yeah i do watch the young fellas on Go, looking forward to seeing some of the guys come through Ojo is special

Carlos Ancelotti the boss of RMD fancies Basel to pip LFC to the next stage of the C/L . RMD struggled to beat Basel last nite , & he is reported to have said Basel are a very fit side & I take them to beat Liverpool to qualify for the next stage .

Teams like the dippers and Spurs are never going to get a like for like replacement or anything near,

So what the managers have thought is, ok I can't get a straight replacement, so i'll buy a youngster who might eventually replace the superstar in Lamela and Markovich ! and spend the rest on players who will make the squad stronger so at least getting a positive somewhere.

So of course clubs will still spread the money because they're still getting something for their money !

alfie we don't go on the spurs thread and use derogatory descriptives about Spurs fans do you think you might refrain from insulting us every time you come on this thread?

Sorry BB, now I know it upsets you i'll use it less often laugh.png

Well said Bob , what are dippers anyhow , is it a slang term for pickpocket . If so that is very naughty of Alfie......shame on you Alfie & on such a friendly little forum .

it's a manc expression. bindippers. so it's weird to hear a spurs fan saying it.

Yes, bin dippers (presumably a reference to poverty) is about as obnoxiously racist as it gets in the dictionary of tribal football warfare. But isn't it Liverpool fans who call Man U the filth, or have i got that the wrong way round?

Quite like some of the other jibes though - like Chavs, the Library (why are we not the Librarians?) and Yids (only cos its self-imposed).

Bring em on when it's humorous.

Yes, bin dippers (presumably a reference to poverty) is about as obnoxiously racist as it gets in the dictionary of tribal football warfare. But isn't it Liverpool fans who call Man U the filth, or have i got that the wrong way round?

Quite like some of the other jibes though - like Chavs, the Library (why are we not the Librarians?) and Yids (only cos its self-imposed).

Yeh Santi I hope This forum does not sink to that revolting behaviour of horrible but childish name-calling . Altho born on Merseyside I`ve lived overseas for a long time that filthy word is a new one on me .

Then you will like Hartlepool fans being known as "monkey hangers".

But Santi, the tiny totts can't throw that at us any more, they can't even get into the top ten. As I posted before, their new ground is going to be called Tottenham Cemetery. Look at it, it's already on the map.

biggrin.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7Cxcuv4Tt4

But Santi, the tiny totts can't throw that at us any more, they can't even get into the top ten. As I posted before, their new ground is going to be called Tottenham Cemetery. Look at it, it's already on the map.

biggrin.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7Cxcuv4Tt4

I love old chics trying to turn things around, it will always be the Library and lacking atmosphere.

• Like 1

Sorry BB, now I know it upsets you i'll use it less often laugh.png

Never would be more acceptable.

I'll agree to disagree with you. And you can disagree to disagree with me if you want.

Bob is 100% correct...

Noun[edit]

pie-eater (plural pie-eaters)

1. (pejorative) a person from Wigan in northern England or the surrounding area 2005 — Wiganers do like pies, but the term Pie-eaters is actually an insult, dating back to a pit strike when Wigan miners were starved back to work before their St Helens counterparts, thereby eating humble pie. ------------------------------- I live halfway between Wigan & St Helens & know this to be fact.wink.png

I'll agree to disagree with you. And you can disagree to disagree with me if you want.

Bob is 100% correct...

Noun[edit]

pie-eater (plural pie-eaters)

1. (pejorative) a person from Wigan in northern England or the surrounding area 2005 — Wiganers do like pies, but the term Pie-eaters is actually an insult, dating back to a pit strike when Wigan miners were starved back to work before their St Helens counterparts, thereby eating humble pie. ------------------------------- I live halfway between Wigan & St Helens & know this to be fact.wink.png

Reckon you must live in Billinge then Kurt , nearly a pie-eater not quite eh .

• Like 1

I think Rogers will be given until Sturridge's return and a few more games after but cannot see him installing the confidence back into the team then he will be replaced by a German :-)

Them Germans....

I think Klopp's most likely destination if he does come to England is the Library, sadly although acclimatizing the change in atmosphere will be more challenging than winning the league! w00t.gif

Would Jogi luuuve be tempted post German national management?

The Yellow wall to the silent chorus,I can't see Wenger ever getting the sack so cannot see him going there in the near future.

Strangely I think Klopp wants the Liverpool job and has stated his intent on coming to England.

Only Benitez stands in his way for me.

As for jogi bear Good shout!

I think Rogers will be given until Sturridge's return and a few more games after but cannot see him installing the confidence back into the team then he will be replaced by a German :-)

Them Germans....

Ideally I would rather we did not have to change the manager but I thought again on Tuesday we were average . To listen to Rodgers inane comments you would think we won well . I am certainly not looking forward to todays game. Stoke will bully us off the ball . And there is no way we can wait until Sturridge is fit God only knows when that will be . As far as a new manager is concerned I also think Klopp fancies the challenge . A manager in the premiership is a great job no matter how badly you do , your contract is paid up .

Them Germans....

Ideally I would rather we did not have to change the manager but I thought again on Tuesday we were average . To listen to Rodgers inane comments you would think we won well . I am certainly not looking forward to todays game. Stoke will bully us off the ball . And there is no way we can wait until Sturridge is fit God only knows when that will be . As far as a new manager is concerned I also think Klopp fancies the challenge . A manager in the premiership is a great job no matter how badly you do , your contract is paid up .

Its not what you want to hear but when talking about a new manager next season, and players for that matter, you have to factor in that you won't be offering CL football in all reality. It will take a lot to prise Klopp from Dortmund regardless of that so i just can't see it.

Diego Simeone anyone?

Them Germans....

Its not what you want to hear but when talking about a new manager next season, and players for that matter, you have to factor in that you won't be offering CL football in all reality. It will take a lot to prise Klopp from Dortmund regardless of that so i just can't see it.

Diego Simeone anyone?

I doubt it, particularly if he's happy enough where he is. I wouldn't think he'd want the headache. OTOH he has plenty of ego, so.....

Them Germans....

Diego Simeone anyone?

Whether we want to hear or not it is true for a number of reasons we will struggle to bring in either a big name manager or player , as you rightly say very unlikely we will be in C/L next season & FSG`s wages structure altho the latter I agree with . Utd paying Falcao nearly 300k per week is disgusting . But back to todays game , the way we are playing & the type of game Stoke play with their big side they could well steamroller right thro` our very weak midfield . They will bombard our goalmouth & play on Mingolets weakness on high balls .