Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Yep as others have said West Brom set up to get as many men behind the ball and sit in their own half.

However having said, its nothing less than what I was expecting from a Pulls side who would be happy with a point at home, so we have to know and be prepared how to break down teams that set up like this.

The most worrying for me was when I saw Coutinho pick up the ball a few times when we had won the ball back and there was some space BUT we had no one in-front of him making a run.

Rodgers has just done his post match presser and confirmed "for sure" a Striker is priority and goals. <deleted> me were a season to late aren't we !!!

Slight feeling today for the first time when looking at Rodgers sat down with the backroom staff on the sidelines - it all looked a bit flat, looked downbeat - not sure if the manager should of made the substitutions with Lallana and Borini both a bit earlier do they know the seasons over thats now fed to the players ?

Its been said so many time now but me this this whole recruitment / committee thing is pissing me off, because I just feel we are going to be let down again in the Summer by missing out on top quality/experienced players and not just because we don have CL football but because FSG will go for 20-23 prospects with less wage demands and won't pay top fees or salaries for those 1-2 players that will make a massive difference to everything we do.

Edited by Devil
  • Like 1

Yep as others have said West Brom set up to get as many men behind the ball and sit in their own half.

However having said, its nothing less than what I was expecting from a Pulls side who would be happy with a point at home, so we have to know and be prepared how to break down teams that set up like this.

The most worrying for me was when I saw Coutinho pick up the ball a few times when we had won the ball back and there was some space BUT we had no one in-front of him making a run.

Rodgers has just done his post match presser and confirmed "for sure" a Striker is priority and goals. <deleted> me were a season to late aren't we !!!

Slight feeling today for the first time when looking at Rodgers sat down with the backroom staff on the sidelines - it all looked a bit flat, looked downbeat - not sure if the manager should of made the substitutions with Lallana and Borini both a bit earlier do they know the seasons over thats now fed to the players ?

Its been said so many time now but me this this whole recruitment / committee thing is pissing me off, because I just feel we are going to be let down again in the Summer by missing out on top quality/experienced players and not just because we don have CL football but because FSG will go for 20-23 prospects with less wage demands and won't pay top fees or salaries for those 1-2 players that will make a massive difference to everything we do.

For sure those subs should have been made earlier.

A couple of days ago Rodgers said the owners should be more forceful in transfers this summer, then I read today he is saying their transfer policy won't change blink.png

As you say this was an not encouraging sign...maybe he's already been served his P45

post-102811-0-95329500-1429984204_thumb.

• Like 1

While I'm at it...Rodgers post match "The players were outstanding" any slim chance of finishing 4th is now gone and a 0-0 draw at West Brom was outstanding by the players.

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 2

While I'm at it...Rodgers post match "The players were outstanding" any slim chance of finishing 4th is now gone and a 0-0 draw at West Brom was outstanding by the players.

he's looking a bit lost now. we played alright but just no cutting edge, this team that last season scored about four hundred goals now doesn't look like it could score in amsterdam. baggies played well but we're supposed to be able to break that stuff down. limbo again.

• Like 2

Liverpool are still in with a show of top 4, its far from over doesn't rely just on Liverpool's results.

It was very predicable that WBA would set up the way they did.It was just like a training session, attack v defence,74% possession.

Little confused though when BR described his players as "outstanding,courageous,incredible and brilliant"

For a moment I thought he was talking about WBA or he is just enjoying his new Thesauaraus.

Liverpool are obviously going to have to buy 2 strikers. The Balotelli experiment, earlier in the season,described as a "no brainer" is more like "no brains" What would he be worth now 5 million quid if anyone would take him ? and Lambert what was the point of buying him and spending him the whole season on the bench.

In some ways BR seems to have lost the plot and I am waiting for the dreaded vote of confidence from the owners who have been very quiet.

he's looking a bit lost now. we played alright but just no cutting edge, this team that last season scored about four hundred goals now doesn't look like it could score in amsterdam. baggies played well but we're supposed to be able to break that stuff down. limbo again.

Well the bloke who scored or set up 399 of them isn't there, is he?

Perfect definition of a one man team.

Liverpool are still in with a show of top 4, its far from over doesn't rely just on Liverpool's results.

It was very predicable that WBA would set up the way they did.It was just like a training session, attack v defence,74% possession.

Little confused though when BR described his players as "outstanding,courageous,incredible and brilliant"

For a moment I thought he was talking about WBA or he is just enjoying his new Thesauaraus.

Liverpool are obviously going to have to buy 2 strikers. The Balotelli experiment, earlier in the season,described as a "no brainer" is more like "no brains" What would he be worth now 5 million quid if anyone would take him ? and Lambert what was the point of buying him and spending him the whole season on the bench.

In some ways BR seems to have lost the plot and I am waiting for the dreaded vote of confidence from the owners who have been very quiet.

Probably 8M for "Super Mario"

and for 40M we got 12 full matches combined from Lallana and Markovic.

Wouldn't go as far as saying Rodgers has lost the plot but there's something clearly going on behind the scenes.

The same can be said about Houllier and Rafa before they left, both were making strange decisions when it came to substitutions.

Rodgers has enough stock for another season and the fact he was FSG man to begin with.

The only thing I can see changing is if FSG say ok you don't like the Transfer Committee but we wanted you to work with a DOF the first time. Would that then make Rodgers look to move on by himself - remember according to a lot of reports City were all over Rodgers last season...

We need to sell (Lambert, Borini, Boloteli) we have to splash cash on one Top Proven striker to work with both (Sturridge and Origi), some one like a Jackson Martinez who might be more likely than some other big names.

(Gerrard and Johnson) are going in any case which frees up more salaries leaving us to get in decent midfielder.

Massive massive window coming up for the club!

• Like 2

Wouldn't go as far as saying Rodgers has lost the plot but there's something clearly going on behind the scenes.

The same can be said about Houllier and Rafa before they left, both were making strange decisions when it came to substitutions.

In that post match interview he looked like he'd had enough.

I'd like to see him get another year, but if FSG don't change things up re transfer policy he is screwed anyway. Can Rodgers really attract the talent required? Will FSG pay? Would FSG be prepared to sack him at a cost of 10M?

Whatever happens this summer is going to be the most important in FSG's tenure

Can't argue with that Bob.

The other thing is, if Rodgers were to be sacked, who would want to come in under the same owners with the same ideas.

Surely the owners have to take the stadium build into consideration aswell as the transfers.

• Like 1

Just watching Marcel Van Der Kraan having a chat to Ruud with keys and Gary. Marcel is a man in the know in Holland, and reckons Liverpool are the front runners for Depay and that United are monitoring as they are holding out for either Ronaldo or a Bale.

• Like 1

Just watching Marcel Van Der Kraan having a chat to Ruud with keys and Gary. Marcel is a man in the know in Holland, and reckons Liverpool are the front runners for Depay and that United are monitoring as they are holding out for either Ronaldo or a Bale.

Sterlings replacement?

Would be nice to see Depay, Sturridge and Sterling on the same team.

• Like 1

Sterlings replacement?

Well it appears they've been courting him for a good 12 months. I assumed United with VG and CL would be front runners, but they've only enquired and LFC has developed good relations with his people.

He also mentioned that Spurs (unusual) have enquired but doubts they have much chance clap2.gif

Could be a whole new attacking front line with Sterling potentially off and Sturridge unable to stay fit.

• Like 1

Sterlings replacement?

Well it appears they've been courting him for a good 12 months. I assumed United with VG and CL would be front runners, but they've only enquired and LFC has developed good relations with his people.

He also mentioned that Spurs (unusual) have enquired but doubts they have much chance clap2.gif

Could be a whole new attacking front line with Sterling potentially off and Sturridge unable to stay fit.

Wow,he really is in the know, this only came out 8 months ago biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn

After last night performance i think any debate on whether Klopp would be a better choice to take you forward are over. Never looked like scoring and a manager clueless as to what to do about it.

Bit harsh maybe but generally i'd say.

After last night performance i think any debate on whether Klopp would be a better choice to take you forward are over. Never looked like scoring and a manager clueless as to what to do about it.

yeah brendan's looking like a very busted flush just now.

yeah brendan's looking like a very busted flush just now.

Theres that irritating spell check again on my posts!!

Yes he does doesn't he. He also takes any and every opportunity to talk himself up, to praise himself almost as if he's looking to reassure himself and others he's good. Well he was very good when he had the mercurial Luis Suarez creating havoc to every opposition defense, ably partnered by a fit in form Daniel Sturridge. Ofcourse it would have helped Brendon no end if he had replaced Suarez with a striker suited to Liverpool's style of play but theres no point in laboring on that.

At the end of the day LFC has come to a juncture whereby they need a better manager that has the ability to take the talents of Coutinho, Sterling et al to the next level and we all know who that is. Mindyou, word is Carlo Ancelotti wants out of RM too.