Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

11 minutes ago, carmine said:

Klopp asked what sort of a side he will field on wednesday and confirms it will be the strongest possible.

What on earth else did they think he'd do in a cup semi against premier league opposition!!

i know - no wonder he gives the journalists such short shrift in his press conferences is it? 

i think we'll probably see us about as strong as we can but with coutinho on the bench. be nice to get a win away in the first leg and hopefully make the second leg simpler. plus it's also an ease back in for milner, henderson, maybe matip, ahead of united at that sh*thole on sunday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Very true but you don't see to understand that logic applies to all other clubs too not just yours.

You couldnt keep Suarez, we couldn't keep Bale.

Is this simple logic seeping through yet?

Bale was screaming for a move 2 seasons before he moved? Modric? Played against his will all of em wanted to leave much sooner.

11 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Bale was screaming for a move 2 seasons before he moved? Modric? Played against his will all of em wanted to leave much sooner.

so did suarez and alonso. not sure what you expect your line of argument to achieve here lid.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StevieH said:

so did suarez and alonso. not sure what you expect your line of argument to achieve here lid.

Alonso's exit was due to Benitez giving him the cold shoulder after he downed tools for birth of his child. Suarez claims the press hounded him as well as liverpools failure to reach the CL. Both speak very highly of Liverpool and a desire to return/stay was evident had we reached the targets required for such elite players. 

1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:

Alonso's exit was due to Benitez giving him the cold shoulder after he downed tools for birth of his child. Suarez claims the press hounded him as well as liverpools failure to reach the CL. Both speak very highly of Liverpool and a desire to return/stay was evident had we reached the targets required for such elite players. 

you can equivocate it all you like but both still moved to bigger clubs for substantial profits. if barcelona offer £70m for coutinho this summer our owners will accept it. it's where we're at.

14 minutes ago, StevieH said:

you can equivocate it all you like but both still moved to bigger clubs for substantial profits. if barcelona offer £70m for coutinho this summer our owners will accept it. it's where we're at.

Ok so Torres and Owen?  Same basis? Maybe smart medical advice had a hand?

Edited by Rc2702

12 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Ok so Torres and Owen?  Same basis? Maybe smart medical advice had a hand?

i don't think any liverpool fan wanted torres to leave but the club had been a disaster zone, hicks and gillett has been bent on the club's complete destruction and i don't think it was a nice place to be at the time. that he went to a much smaller club helped the blow i guess.

owen was a money-grabbing prick whose career never really scaled the heights again once he left liverpool. and the season he went we won the european cup, so you know.

18 minutes ago, StevieH said:

i don't think any liverpool fan wanted torres to leave but the club had been a disaster zone, hicks and gillett has been bent on the club's complete destruction and i don't think it was a nice place to be at the time. that he went to a much smaller club helped the blow i guess.

owen was a money-grabbing prick whose career never really scaled the heights again once he left liverpool. and the season he went we won the european cup, so you know.

Liverpool I believe saw the underlying issues with both Owen an Torres. Very similar injury woes. It was good business on both counts both players were never the same. Lovely final that and I for one was cool as a cucumber at half time. My brother thought I'd gone mad. 

7 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"plaything owner like city or chelsea".

City's and Chelsea's owners have different motives than the owners of the other 90 clubs do they?

10 hours ago, StevieH said:

Not necessarily I think he would need to state he wanted to go too. Gerrard never went and silly money came knocking so no I think it's a case of two factors. Wanting to leave and the right fee.  

20 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

As has been said, what exactly are you trying to achieve here with your post?  There doesn't really seem a point to it.

9 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Not necessarily I think he would need to state he wanted to go too. Gerrard never went and silly money came knocking so no I think it's a case of two factors. Wanting to leave and the right fee.  

Gerard is a one off situation.  He was almost certainly off to Chelsea but i would wager there were mitigating circumstances.

Aside of this, none of us will keep our best players if the likes of Barca and Madrid decide on one of them.  Thats the way it is.  United couldn't keep Ronaldo, but, as with Liverpool and Spurs, they made sure they received the best fee.

17 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"plaything owner like city or chelsea".

City's and Chelsea's owners have different motives than the owners of the other 90 clubs do they?

They just have untold sums of money to throw away as and when the mood suits.  Other clubs, in this case Liverpool and Spurs, have ownership that requires financial answerability.

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Gerard is a one off situation.  He was almost certainly off to Chelsea but i would wager there were mitigating circumstances.

Aside of this, none of us will keep our best players if the likes of Barca and Madrid decide on one of them.  Thats the way it is.  United couldn't keep Ronaldo, but, as with Liverpool and Spurs, they made sure they received the best fee.

Do one Carmelito, Carragher, Hyppia, Rush, John Barnes. All could have moved on. Chose to stay or came back. 

18 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Do one Carmelito, Carragher, Hyppia, Rush, John Barnes. All could have moved on. Chose to stay or came back. 

Listen, you are talking of a bygone era!!!   It has no relevance whatsoever to the current situation.  You really are hard work.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, smokie36 said:

I'm glad he's moved over here to annoy a few real scousers.

Have any of you lot been to Brum by the way? :biggrin:

went to university not far from there. it's a strange place. though i did once bump into johnny marr in new street station.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

With him you've got the combination of a delusional  Liverpool fan and the typical Brummie with the personality of a seagull, that doesn't make for good posting :biggrin:

Aconn seriously your simply a human calculator I bet you look for crowd attendances to tot up the gate recipets before rubbing your hands in glee.

Edited by Rc2702