Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Just now, owl sees all said:

Looing again at the predictions, I can't see any shocks there. Liverpool winning at Wembley and M Utd drawing wouldn't be surprises. 

I would be happy about Spurs scoring but I wouldn't put my shirt on it. I'm just looking at form. Liverpool will be buzzing. They will think they have turned a corner. Wembley is a grave-yard for Spurs. Should have ground-shared with Arsenal or WHU.

Roll on the new WHL.

Utd will win at huddersfield. The honeymoon is over for them after this. 

Watford will score and be a draw if they turn up. Watford are jekyll and hide team.

Palace will show a lot of grit and players like ex magpie townsend will be well up for it. Definitely a red card in this one. 

10 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Watford will score and be a draw if they turn up. Watford are jekyll and hide team.

Palace will show a lot of grit and players like ex magpie townsend will be well up for it. Definitely a red card in this one. 

Who are you now, Mystic Meg?  Didn't you also predict we were going to sign Dani Alves?  

So give us you prediction for sunday's game then!!

12 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Like it!! Predictions.

WHU came a cropper last night. Not many saw that coming (including me). And some of those unusual home results will be due to the new stadium. Just gives the away side a spring in their step. Just ask Spurs, Arsenal and Saints when they moved into their new homes.

The idea that outcomes are foregone in the EPL is what makes it so good. Can never be quite sure!!

Edited by owl sees all
added more content

6 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Like it!! Predictions.

WHU came a cropper last night. Not many saw that coming (including me). And some of those unusual home results will be due to the new stadium. Just gives the away side a spring in their step. Just ask Spurs, Arsenal and Saints when they moved into their new homes.

The idea that outcomes are foregone in the EPL is what makes it so good. Can never be quite sure!!

Expected a comeback on the cards last night. Great result for Hughton.  

33 minutes ago, wilai said:

Milner keeps his place. Wijnaldum not on bench so presumably carrying a knock. Gomez Hendo and Migs the other changes.

I'm surprised Sissoko is not playing for us.

Favouring Son with Alli presumably a bit further back but a very attacking look for us.

19 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'm surprised Sissoko is not playing for us.

Favouring Son with Alli presumably a bit further back but a very attacking look for us.

Playing a RB on the left? Scared of Mo cutting inside!

Amateur Night at the Big Top staring Daffy Dejan, and his side kick quilt features Mignolet. 

Shitest CH in the league and we are still taking about the keeper we thought wasn’t good enough 2 years ago. 

3 goals on a platter 

4 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Amateur Night at the Big Top staring Daffy Dejan, and his side kick quilt features Mignolet. 

Shitest CH in the league and we are still taking about the keeper we thought wasn’t good enough 2 years ago. 

3 goals on a platter 

Sidekick is one word.

Have to say Bob, it really struck me during the game on sunday how low and totally dejected Klopp looked.  No positive vibes coming from him just totally resigned to defeat.  That would concern me more than the defeat if i were a Liverpool supporter.

It looks imperative that the club goes for VVD again in january and go for a left back.  New keeper wouldn't go amiss either.  Basically stop focusing on Barca's latest efforts to tap up Coutinho and get a new defense.

Its so obvious where the problems are that Klopp doesn't need to show emotion.

The board must take the flack really and if you don't buy a defence in Jan you'll be scrambling for sixth in May.

That lad Salah...how much for him lol?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, carmine said:

Have to say Bob, it really struck me during the game on sunday how low and totally dejected Klopp looked.  No positive vibes coming from him just totally resigned to defeat.  That would concern me more than the defeat if i were a Liverpool supporter.

It looks imperative that the club goes for VVD again in january and go for a left back.  New keeper wouldn't go amiss either.  Basically stop focusing on Barca's latest efforts to tap up Coutinho and get a new defense.

If Bob is right and management is averse to spending money (the facts don't lie), then Liverpool fans could be in for a frustrating ride. A pity. Coutinho for an outrageous amount of money to Barca could fund some central defenders and a keeper. Were it me I'd sell Sturridge as well. He's a fragile racehorse. Take the money and run.

11 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Its so obvious where the problems are that Klopp doesn't need to show emotion.

The big difference on Sunday was the goalkeepers. Lloris was superb; Minulet at best average.

The road to the top is not as easy as it once was. With the two Manchesters and three london clubs all good on their day and can beat each other.

Even pig farmers at home wouldn't be expected to get hammered by seven.

35 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Nothing to get euphoric about, beating Slovenian pig farmers. 

Have to take the rough with the smooth more. Just consider the blue half of liverpool.

Edited by owl sees all

8 minutes ago, carmine said:

I think he was probably in disbelief at how badly these players keep letting him down, and the fact it only took 5 minutes to do so. It is concern though, and it's not the first time he has retreated. 

Hopefully he will make the changes now.

The thing with the defeat again is we beat ourselves, no disrespect to Spurs but I don't think you will get an easier win all season. This happens to us every match, no "Worldy" goals, no hard work, just easy offerings on a plate.

Yes, imperative to do what we should have done in the summer.

2 minutes ago, jellydog said:

If Bob is right and management is averse to spending money (the facts don't lie), then Liverpool fans could be in for a frustrating ride. A pity. Coutinho for an outrageous amount of money to Barca could fund some central defenders and a keeper. Were it me I'd sell Sturridge as well. He's a fragile racehorse. Take the money and run.

I think the owners flash the cash to the Red Sox.  

Having watched Liverpool a few times this season i'm not wholly convinced they have a defensive coach or practice defending and Klopp has to share some responsibility

Just now, owl sees all said:

The big difference on sunday was the goalkeepers. Lloris was superb; Minulet at best average.

The road to the top is not as easy as it once was. With the two Manchesters and three london clubs all good on their day and can beat each other.

Even pig farmers at home wouldn't be expected to get hammered by seven.

Have to take the rough with the smooth more. Just consider the blue half of liverpool.

Yes I'd be enjoying the blue half's misery much more if we weren't so <deleted> :biggrin:

1 minute ago, BangrakBob said:

I think he was probably in disbelief at how badly these players keep letting him down, and the fact it only took 5 minutes to do so. It is concern though, and it's not the first time he has retreated. 

Hopefully he will make the changes now.

The thing with the defeat again is we beat ourselves, no disrespect to Spurs but I don't think you will get an easier win all season. This happens to us every match, no "Worldy" goals, no hard work, just easy offerings on a plate.

Yes, imperative to do what we should have done in the summer.

Yes true, all we needed to be was clinical and it was game over at half time.  Second half was simply game management

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jellydog said:

We should have done that in the summer, it now looks like that would have been our last chance to get a premium for him. 

1 minute ago, StevieH said:

i am finding myself just ranting about the owners lately, they are beyond useless. in fact they are offensive. and i am tired of hearing other liverpool fans defend them for the fact that they are better than the previous owners. the previous owners, those cowboys, nearly took the club into administration and appointed roy hodgson. they are no gauge by which to judge FSG.

judge FSG on their merits and they have continually not backed the manager sufficiently, they have ballsed up deals very publicly when they knew how important that player was to the manager, they continue to shun the club and the fans and treat it as just another corporate asset in their portfolio and they prioritise marketing deals and increasing the value of their asset far above being equipped as a club to win trophies and be successful on the pitch. in short, they do not care. 

klopp is a far better manager than they are owners. klopp is also a better manager than he has players with which to work in this squad. he wanted 3 specific players in the summer, they got him 1 of them who is turning out pretty well. 

klopp has made a few mistakes, sure. all managers do. but the blame for where we are and our not kicking on and strengthening from a position of strength in the summer lies squarely, as always, with the carpetbaggers who own us and who run us from <deleted> boston. they have no interest in the club actually being successful. 

bang on, well said stevie