Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

12 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Owlsy - We should have been challenging this season, a farcical summer put that to bed before a ball was kicked.

Winning 3 games on the bounce, that should be won is good. The fact that it keeps us in touching distance of top 4 is fortunate, but being out of the title race every season by October is not good enough. 

But thats it Bob.  You're still right up there, playing better attacking football than most and with two or three quality signings in january who knows.  Theres a lot of knee jerk so early in the season and the only thing that is clear is that City need to be reigned in.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, carmine said:

But thats it Bob.  You're still right up there, playing better attacking football than most and with two or three quality signings in january who knows.  Theres a lot of knee jerk so early in the season and the only thing that is clear is that City need to be reigned in.

City will reign if they are not reined in. :sorry::smile:

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

I just imagine Pep with a Keegan perm and it lifts my Sunday morning. :smile:

Sacrilege Ronnie !! Looks like Pep's hairy days are behind him.

I imagine him wearing his yuppie glad rags and kicking Mourinho's butt.:wink:

6 hours ago, jellydog said:

A penny's worth on Sunday morning: Liverpool will be back in the thick of things and top 4 when (or if) all the attacking talent is healthy. And, I'm convinced Klopp would not have received the criticism he has if he were English. He's got Liverpool back in the Champion's League and the architect of some scintillating football. If management would see fit to improve the defense the sky is the limit. Will there be some creativity in the transfer window come January ? Probably not I suppose, but a keeper and a central defender could do wonders.

If I ran Liverpool I would be sounding out Barca for $100m for Coutinho in January and lining up some help for the defense. But maybe I'm just punchy on 5 hours sleep !:coffee1:

Not blowing my own trumpet jd but ......

Made a rick boy's ! should have took 130m for Coutinho, would have got VVD for 80m and even used the other 50m on another centre back , the 2 centre back's would have saved you more points than Countinho will make you, you know it makes sense

• Like 1

Just now, alfieconn said:

Not blowing my own trumpet jd but ......

Made a rick boy's ! should have took 130m for Coutinho, would have got VVD for 80m and even used the other 50m on another centre back , the 2 centre back's would have saved you more points than Countinho will make you, you know it makes sense

Yh anyone listening to radio 5 live could have said that but to make it your own and then attempt to blow your own trumpet just makes you a sucker Alfie. 

4 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Yh anyone listening to radio 5 live could have said that but to make it your own and then attempt to blow your own trumpet just makes you a sucker Alfie. 

I don't listen to radio 5 and certainly didn't back in Sept,anyway at least it was a bit more constructive than posting about flip flop's :passifier:

<23 PL2 League Cup:....LFC 7-0 Bristol City

Ings scored 4 and set up 2 others. Dhanda, Masterson and Wilson with the other goals.

Gerrard's <18s beat West Ham 6-0 yesterday

Edited by wilai
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

:post-4641-1156694572:Another interesting w/e of EPL awaits us and the game we are all talking about is the North London match-up at the Emirates. Arsenal have not fared so well against the SuperSpurs of late but this one is tricky.

I hope all the players are recovered from their National duties. We will see.

Last time out - so long ago I can hardly recall the scores - my predictions were terrible. Three correct with one perfect. This week I've gone for the favourites just to get some points on the board.

2-1 Arsenal v SuperSpurs
I've changed my mind twice about this fixture recently. first thought was a Spurs' win. Then I thought a draw but with the bad news about Alderweirald I've gone for a narrow Arsenal win.

1-1 Bournemouth v Huddesfield
Draw all day long unless Mounie is firing then I could be wrong.

2-0 Burnley v Swans
Burnley must be doing something right. Their manager has been linked to Everton. Don't go there Dychee. Aim for Europe with the clarets. I worked near Swansea when they changed their name from Swansea Town to Swansea City (John Toshack rings a bell).

2-1 Palace v Toffeemen
Battle of the doomed. Palace to edge it.

1-1 Leicester v Man City
The bookies say 9-1 for a Foxes win. Can't see it. A draw for me on this one.

2-0 Liverpool v Saints
Good time to play Southampton. Comfortable Reds' victory.

1-3 WBA v Chelski
Just cashed out a WBA points wager (for a loss). They are having a disasterous run. Chelsea to cash in with some to spare.

1-1 Man Utd v Geordies 
It's not just because Rooney jumped up on Nistelrooy's shoulders in that awful goal celebration that I want them to suffer. Have to wait for 9th Dec for that. In the meantime the Geordies will add to their pain. The slide down has began!

2-2 Watford v WHU
The Hornets have lost their momentum. Should have beaten the Ticklers last time out. I really feel for Hammer's fans. David Moyes; dear dear dear!! He might just keep them up though!! One of the problems in buying journeyman players away from the UK is they so easily go missing when the going gets tough. West Ham should dump half their team of money-grabbers ASAP and Andy Carroll should start working on his ball skills (Moyes; are you reading?).

2-1 Brighton v Stoke
The Seaguls well involved in the southern revolution.

And thank you fot the member who enquired about my well-being. I explained that I was cutting my nuts.

Edited by owl sees all

Just now, owl sees all said:

:post-4641-1156694572:Another interesting w/e of EPL awaits us and the game we are all talking about is the North London match-up at the Emirates. Arsenal have not fared so well against the SuperSpurs of late but this one is tricky.

I hope all the players are recovered from their National duties. We will see.

Last time out - so long ago I can hardly recall the scores - my predictions were terrible. Three correct with one perfect. This week I've gone for the favourites just to get some points on the board.

2-1 Arsenal v SuperSpurs
I've changed my mind twice about this fixture recently. first thought was a Spurs' win. Then I thought a draw but with the bad news about Alderweirald I've gone for a narrow Arsenal win.

1-1 Bournemouth v Huddesfield
Draw all day long unless Mounie is firing then I could be wrong.

2-0 Burnley v Swans
Burnley must be doing something right. Their manager has been linked to Everton. Don't go there Dychee. Aim for Europe with the clarets. I worked near Swansea when they changed their name from Swansea Town to Swansea City (John Toshack rings a bell).

2-1 Palace v Toffeemen
Battle of the doomed. Palace to edge it.

1-1 Leicester v Man City
The bookies say 9-1 for a Foxes win. Can't see it. A draw for me on this one.

2-0 Liverpool v Saints
Good time to play Southampton. Comfortable Reds' victory.

1-3 WBA v Chelski
Just cashed out a WBA points wager (for a loss). They are having a disasterous run. Chelsea to cash in with some to spare.

1-1 Man Utd v Geordies 
It's not just because Rooney jumped up on Nistelrooy's shoulders in that awful goal celebration that I want them to suffer. Have to wait for 9th Dec for that. In the meantime the Geordies will add to their pain. The slide down has began!

2-2 Watford v WHU
The Hornets have lost their momentum. Should have beaten the Ticklers last time out. I really feel for Hammer's fans. David Moyes; dear dear dear!! He might just keep them up though!! One of the problems in buying journeyman players away from the UK is they so easily go missing when the going gets tough. West Ham should dump half their team of money-grabbers ASAP and Andy Carroll should start working on his ball skills (Moyes; are you reading?).

2-1 Brighton v Stoke
The Seaguls well involved in the southern revolution.

And thank you fot the member who enquired about my well-being. I explained that I was cutting my nuts.

Happy 70th OSA for last saturday. Explains why your predictions have been wayward but this week I have to say they seem there or there abouts.

My only critique being west ham. I fully expect the team to show their disapproval with moyes, the geezers been undermined from the get go with the 6 month contract and any team spirit like the fight they had at spurs etc I believe will evaporate very quickly. Watford to do em 4-2

• Like 1

Under 23's battered the Trickies in the Mini-Derby last night. 4-0 the score and should have been more........ Harry Wilson again the star man. Kane, Whelan, Brewster and Dhanda with the goals. Still Top of the League:post-4641-1156694572:

Gerrard's <18s beat Boro 5-1 away. Curtis Jones with 2, Camacho, Millar and Glatzel with the others.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Didn't I tell you guys; a comfortable victory. Forgotton about Man City and SS (SuperSpurs) already!

I hoped that Spurs debacle would jumps start us and it appears to have worked. Salah looks nailed on for 30 goals this season (all comps) but already I'm thinking he will be busting that fastest to 50 goal record. At this rate he will be on 42 in 54 games but I reckon he knows if he wants to go up a level he needs to net a few hat tricks and I think it's in him.