Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

3 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Migs 

Gomez - Matip Klavan - Robertson

Gini - Can - Coutinho - Oxlade

Salah - Firmino

You have Robertson in the back 4. He was the best Liverpool defender early in the season. Why was he missing for so long; he wasn't injured?

Just now, owl sees all said:

You have Robertson in the back 4. He was the best Liverpool defender early in the season. Why was he missing for so long; he wasn't injured?

Yes - I'd like to see him get a game, i don't know why we haven't seen more of him other than Moreno has been playing well.

Surely this would be a good game for him to get a run, but i doubt the boss will risk it as we need the 3 points, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Milner at left back. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Yes - I'd like to see him get a game, i don't know why we haven't seen more of him other than Moreno has been playing well.

Surely this would be a good game for him to get a run, but i doubt the boss will risk it as we need the 3 points, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Milner at left back. 

He was a good defender with Hull; that's why Liverpool shelled out 10+ mil for him. His crossing is superb. He went missing for 2 months.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

He was a good defender with Hull; that's why Liverpool shelled out 10+ mil for him. His crossing is superb. He went missing for 2 months.

I don't disagree with you.

I guess we don't see what's going on in training, but i'd rather have him than Moreno, aside contributing massively to us not gaining CL qualification last week he has been playing well, including stepping up the next match against Chelsea. 

Edited by BangrakBob

On 04/12/2017 at 11:26 AM, BangrakBob said:

Well that was the most pleasing win of the season so far, and you have to give it to Klopp for his invention and cajones to play a back 3 with only one centre back but it worked wonderfully. Brighton are a tough team, as every team has played them can verify.  

Klopp's squad rotation against Chelsea now looks spot on with 2 good away wins on the bounce to follow. 6 changes from the Stoke match, Mane unused, Salah didn't need to score yet there was no disruption in the continued rhythm. We look so much more composed, tighter, only conceded 3 in the last 6, one of which was not even a penalty. And we can break down a wall of players now, no issue. 16 from 18 points, another massive week ahead but the Reds have got momentum and are looking the business, even with injuries and rotation. 

So whats the target now then? We on the march or what? With performances like that and consistency what do you wanna see come may?

53 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

So whats the target now then? We on the march or what? With performances like that and consistency what do you wanna see come may?

I'd like to see some movement in January, obviously a CB and if we can replace Can that would be nice.

It was only a few games ago when this team couldn't hold a 3 nil lead so as much as i'd like to hope we are on the march, it's too early to say, a few more wins perhaps. 

What excites me is the use of 3 different formations in 3 consecutive matches and having the players able to do that, and players to change a match on the bench.

Come May,...at least a QF in CL, and 3rd in the EPL, the FA cup would be a bonus. That would be progress, and hopefully set us up for a title challenge next season. 

And you?

Just now, BangrakBob said:

I'd like to see some movement in January, obviously a CB and if we can replace Can that would be nice.

It was only a few games ago when this team couldn't hold a 3 nil lead so as much as i'd like to hope we are on the march, it's too early to say, a few more wins perhaps. 

What excites me is the use of 3 different formations in 3 consecutive matches and having the players able to do that, and players to change a match on the bench.

Come May,...at least a QF in CL, and 3rd in the EPL, the FA cup would be a bonus. That would be progress, and hopefully set us up for a title challenge next season. 

And you?

89 pts is what I'm after. It will likely not be enough but it will be massive progress. 20 more wins.

Salah to be golden boot with 35 PL goals

Two final appearances and 1 win will suffice.

Klavan taken hostage in bootle and Everton end up paying his release and contract.

So not much.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

89 pts is what I'm after. It will likely not be enough but it will be massive progress. 20 more wins.

Salah to be golden boot with 35 PL goals

Two final appearances and 1 win will suffice.

Klavan taken hostage in bootle and Everton end up paying his release and contract.

So not much.

Stop dreaming and stick to talking about flip flops  :biggrin:

16 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Stop dreaming and stick to talking about flip flops  :biggrin:

Hold on a sec. That's like the 3rd or 4th time you said it. So is it not yourself who likes to discuss this matter? - you know what acon. Your not the sharpest tool in the box are you. But your ok, so flip flop away fella.

36 minutes ago, StevieH said:

23 mate. almost 4 a game. hopefully our attack will keep this up against the small club neighbours at the weekend.

At that scoring rate a defense thats been shaky can afford to concede a couple.  

Premier league clubs looking very strong in the CL this season.

9 minutes ago, carmine said:

At that scoring rate a defense thats been shaky can afford to concede a couple.  

Premier league clubs looking very strong in the CL this season.

yeah be interesting to see how they go against the big european clubs over two legs. i like that we're away first leg whoever we draw. nobody is going to fancy anfield in a second leg against this attack.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Absolutely outstanding nearly 4 goals a game.

Everton can't be looking forward to this game; they have little chance.

I want the Reds to scare them; crush them; humiliate them; batter them and smash them. And that's just the warm up!

<deleted> what do you know about it.

And as for this lot on here if Skelmersdale/Wigan/Bolton had Liverpool's record they would be supporting them instead.

HaHa next thing they will be accusing me of sour grapes.

• Haha 2

^Bobby Manc on Mario

I remember one time when we went to play Kazan in the Champions League.“In that match I had all my strikers injured… I was really in trouble and Mario was the only one.“Mario got a yellow card in the 42nd minute, so when I got to the dressing room at half-time I spent about 14 minutes of the 15 available speaking only to Mario.“I said to him: ‘Mario, I cannot change you, I have no strikers on the bench, so don’t touch anybody and play only with the ball.“If we lose the ball, no reaction. If someone provokes you, no reaction. If the referee makes a mistake, no reaction.’The 46th minute – red card!"

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

What a time to be welcoming Everton to Anfield...

please. please let us absolutely <deleted> panel them. like 6-0. like allardyce being taken to hospital for the first case of RSI from chewing gum panel. i am really looking forward to this and i rarely say that about a derby.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Absolutely outstanding nearly 4 goals a game.

Everton can't be looking forward to this game; they have little chance.

I want the Reds to scare them; crush them; humiliate them; batter them and smash them. And that's just the warm up!

Obviously Alladyce will set up to kill the game from the off, but if Liverpool get an early goal which will force them out i think Everton are in for a right old spanking.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Obviously Alladyce will set up to kill the game from the off, but if Liverpool get an early goal which will force them out i think Everton are in for a right old spanking.

10 hours ago, StevieH said:

please. please let us absolutely <deleted> panel them. like 6-0. like allardyce being taken to hospital for the first case of RSI from chewing gum panel. i am really looking forward to this and i rarely say that about a derby.

I would love nothing more than a ton of goals, but I do sense they won't make it easy. Hopefully we show up on the day, anything can happen in these games.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Devil said:

I would love nothing more than a ton of goals, but I do sense they won't make it easy. Hopefully we show up on the day, anything can happen in these games.

they're already defending ten yards deeper under fathead allardyce, suits their yard dogs like ashley williams better. so yeah they will play deep, line of four and a line of five, and we'll have to break them down. they'll also almost certainly try and kick lumps out of mane and coutinho.