Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

5 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Absolute gobshite, handing in a transfer request before the Watford match, refused to play in the European qualifiers. Missed the first month of the season. Couldn't even be arsed to play the blushite as a goodbye. 

Great little player and he will be missed, but happy he is gone. That "woe is me" look overtime he scored annoying. 

We need to bring someone in this window though, maybe not a replacement and it's difficult to do, but one of two injuries to Mane of Salah, we are in trouble. 

Eh eh bobski how's those pink lips doing anyway?

10 hours ago, StevieH said:

he's gone. we got an absurd amount of money for him. let it go lads. and he's going to do his cruciate on his barcelona debut so you know, <deleted> him like.

i really like the idea of a midfield three of can, chamberlain and keita next season. energy galore, buzzing and pressing, goal threats and dynamic and also emre can.

Bit of a silly thing to hope for, as if he does  then your be might not receive some of your approx 30m pounds worth of add on's which i imagine would revolve around him playing !

Edited by alfieconn

18 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Travelling so missed the match, sounded horrendous, but they way heads fall off about it is a bit over the top.

if ever there was time to have a loss it’s  now.

Beat Huddersfield and we are back on track.

Is it right that Can was given the armband for the match?  If so, even though he's running his contract down?!  If the case, seems rather odd.  

And yes, Spurs caught a lucky break last night!

Edited by carmine

22 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Travelling so missed the match, sounded horrendous, but they way heads fall off about it is a bit over the top.

if ever there was time to have a loss it’s  now.

Beat Huddersfield and we are back on track.

was a <deleted> car crash bob, absolute show of a performance. nobody played well. can and wijnaldum might as well have not been there. boss didn't have his finest game either, subbing off AOC when either of the former two needed hooking. lobbing ings on thinking it would make a difference. finishing the game with both fullbacks still on against a team playing 15 men behind the ball. stick mane at right-back or something, do something different.

it was horrible, against the worst team in the league, and almost like we were trying to advertise the fact that we're a bit clueless at breaking down teams who defend deep. 

1 minute ago, jellydog said:

I reckon y'all are going to miss Coutinho in match ups with the likes of Swansea. 

it's inevitable you miss someone of that quality but you'd like to think the managers and owners were aware of that before agreeing to sell him. we've got to be smarter.

• Like 1

Arsenal fans know the feeling when one of these mercenary talents departs. Bittersweet but has to be done. Meeting Sanchez' wage demands would have destroyed the financial balance of the club. ManU may discover this effect applies not only to the semi-parsimonius clubs!

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Won last night and Spurs and Arsenal would have been in their own 6th place mini-league but now they remain hopeful after Liverpool's shock defeat.

Absolute rubbish, theres 14 matches to go, 42 points to play for.  Please put me on ignore.

59 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

Arsenal fans know the feeling when one of these mercenary talents departs. Bittersweet but has to be done. Meeting Sanchez' wage demands would have destroyed the financial balance of the club. ManU may discover this effect applies not only to the semi-parsimonius clubs!

Thats the gamble when you pay those levels of wages to a guy that wouldn't be guaranteed to have even been a regular starter for City.  Its fine to pay the enormous wages to the likes of Messi and Ronaldo but Sanchez is still on a different level.

This is a gamble for United because his wages might well offend some of those little egos in the squad.

38 minutes ago, carmine said:

Thats the gamble when you pay those levels of wages to a guy that wouldn't be guaranteed to have even been a regular starter for City.  Its fine to pay the enormous wages to the likes of Messi and Ronaldo but Sanchez is still on a different level.

This is a gamble for United because his wages might well offend some of those little egos in the squad.

According to a drinking fellow in the local bar last night (Chelsea but still good mates!) Pogba is rumoured to have already made enquiries! He's also rumoured to be on half of what the Chilean is now on. And so the pernicious circle continues.

I wonder if all this football circus in Europe will come down to earth with a hard landing when the 10 year bull run economic cycle (never felt like that except now looking back) reverses.

The only welcome stat I've seen about football finances of late is the survey that reported that The Championship (a.p.k.a.) the English 2nd Division now has the third highest football gates in the world, after the Premiership and Bundesliga and before La Liga. Just looked on Wiki - must be the world as the pedia has a slightly earlier analysis that the US NFL is number one (17m) and Prem number 2 (14m) in worldwide sport physical attendances. [Prem must be way ahead on all forms of viewing but pride in national success is also tinged with that bitter sweet feeling that we lost something too!]

49 minutes ago, carmine said:

Little egos??

Its a team chocablick with mercenaries.

Let's see how they get on at the business end.

12 hours ago, carmine said:

Is it right that Can was given the armband for the match?  If so, even though he's running his contract down?!  If the case, seems rather odd.  

And yes, Spurs caught a lucky break last night!

gets passed around a lot, I think it is Klopp's easing of Henderson out the squad. Can was the longest serving player in the team last night, hence the honor. devaluing the "captain" ethos will make it easier to sell Henderson. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, StevieH said:

was a <deleted> car crash bob, absolute show of a performance. nobody played well. can and wijnaldum might as well have not been there. boss didn't have his finest game either, subbing off AOC when either of the former two needed hooking. lobbing ings on thinking it would make a difference. finishing the game with both fullbacks still on against a team playing 15 men behind the ball. stick mane at right-back or something, do something different.

it was horrible, against the worst team in the league, and almost like we were trying to advertise the fact that we're a bit clueless at breaking down teams who defend deep. 

I recored it, but not sure I want to watch it now. 

On a positive note, it's a great example of why we need to buy a player to Phil the void. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, StevieH said:

it isn't the end of the world because we beat man city the week before without coutinho too. but we've got to learn how to adapt to beat the lower sides.

We have done that though, it was our achilles last season, but not this. I was considering nothing short of a 3 goal win. I wouldn't of done that last season.

Some days are just shit....same team beat the unbeatable last week. 

To be fair, Phil was a big part of cracking the parked bus code...

Edited by BangrakBob

11 hours ago, carmine said:

Absolute rubbish, theres 14 matches to go, 42 points to play for.  Please put me on ignore.

BB has a fair point, we'd have been 5 points clear of you, with an expected win. You'd also expect us to beat Huddesfield, that would have made it 8 points before you face United, which odds wise would end a draw. 

Then you play us at home, which we should win.....10 points clear.

Toss in Arsenal and a likely draw, while we beat the saints that is 12 points with 12 games to play. 

That Swansea win against us is huuuuge for you.

1 minute ago, jellydog said:

I loved the Gary Shandling show.:thumbsup:

One of the greatest comedians to ever live....I still watch Larry Sanders...my missus doesn't get it..annoys me...the subtltites....the concept paved the way and inspired so many

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

BB has a fair point, we'd have been 5 points clear of you, with an expected win. You'd also expect us to beat Huddesfield, that would have made it 8 points before you face United, which odds wise would end a draw. 

Then you play us at home, which we should win.....10 points clear.

Toss in Arsenal and a likely draw, while we beat the saints that is 12 points with 12 games to play. 

That Swansea win against us is huuuuge for you.

Your slap is waiting...just leave your ticket at the gate.

5 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

One of the greatest comedians to ever live....I still watch Larry Sanders...my missus doesn't get it..annoys me...the subtltites....the concept paved the way and inspired so many

Yeah, I was thinking Larry Sanders when I typed Gary Shandling.:thumbsup:

• Like 1