Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

1 minute ago, StevieH said:

it's like constructive dismissal but the other way round. and if they fire him for being a prick they'd have to pay him tens of millions to get shut of him presumably.

I’m with you. He doesn’t appear to be happy there for whatever reason. All the latest rhetoric suggests that and that he is already planning for a disappointing season. Blame everyone else cos I didn’t get everything on my xmas list. 

3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Especially as they have backed him to the hilt. He is being very disrespectful and I can’t see that going down very well. It’s gone well past the usual grumpy persona. 

You have to think that those influential old war horses at United that were ignored before Mourinho was hired are screeching in Woodward's ear.

Maybe this is why he’s upset today 

“Only a friendly but just 28% possession for Manchester  United in 1-0 defeat at Bayern Munich today. 1 attempt on goal, Bayern 13. Zero on target, Bayern 5. United went all the way to Munich for 219 passes completed. Bayern 656”

?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I’m with you. He doesn’t appear to be happy there for whatever reason. All the latest rhetoric suggests that and that he is already planning for a disappointing season. Blame everyone else cos I didn’t get everything on my xmas list. 

But he has spent lots of money on players since 2016.

btw re. Signings technically 3 as we bought Keira last summer but that is 4 new players this summer yes

Why, oh why, are you guys still buying the Mourinho agenda.

From the post match interview on the clubs web site post the Bayern match. Quote :Mourinho "Finally its over,such a difficult pre-season is over.The players were,once more brilliant,they could not have done better than what they did" etc all said with a smile on his face

Classic Mourinho, loves to distract the general  media and you guys buy it every time.There's a guy in the White House that goes through the same theatre,the art of distraction. 

I bet you next Friday pre match it will be "This will be a difficult match with Leceister .I havent had my WC players to train with,we are underdogs" ete etc.

Anyway isnt this the Liverpool thread ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Maybe this is why he’s upset today 

“Only a friendly but just 28% possession for Manchester  United in 1-0 defeat at Bayern Munich today. 1 attempt on goal, Bayern 13. Zero on target, Bayern 5. United went all the way to Munich for 219 passes completed. Bayern 656”

?

Possession stats in the modern game are meaningless.You can if you wish, and some do, pass the ball sideways across the back,pass to the keeper, back out to the FB ,sideways again which gets your numbers up but doesnt bear much fruit apart from boredom.Dont remember Leceister having great numbers when they won the title, they won on taking opportunities  in the final third.Bayern was purely a training run for both sides.Result was meaningless,potential injuries wernt.At one stage there were 4 Utd Academy players on the pitch. Less than a week until United play Friday night

2 hours ago, Sparkles said:

From the post match interview on the clubs web site post the Bayern match. Quote :Mourinho "Finally its over,such a difficult pre-season is over.The players were,once more brilliant,they could not have done better than what they did" etc all said with a smile on his face

Classic Mourinho, loves to distract the general  media and you guys buy it every time.There's a guy in the White House that goes through the same theatre,the art of distraction. 

I bet you next Friday pre match it will be "This will be a difficult match with Leceister .I havent had my WC players to train with,we are underdogs" ete etc.

Your manager is the one who seems to be obsessed with our club. 

He used to smile and be entertaining with his quip, but these days he just moans a lot and looks miserable. I reckon he is managing expectations and using the air time to have a go at the owners for not bankrolling him again. It's been a difficult summer for most, just get on with it. 

8 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Exactly, the media should thank Jose for letting them fill the pages with something before the transfer window heated up. 

Nothing he says is of the cuff or because he can't control his emotions. He is just managing expectations. Why should he tell everybody we are going to be amazing this season?

It all comes down to what happens on the pitch once the season starts, if we aren't winning he will be under pressure. If we are winning, then nobody will remember what he has said in a press conference. 

7 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Possession stats in the modern game are meaningless.You can if you wish, and some do, pass the ball sideways across the back,pass to the keeper, back out to the FB ,sideways again which gets your numbers up but doesnt bear much fruit apart from boredom.Dont remember Leceister having great numbers when they won the title, they won on taking opportunities  in the final third.Bayern was purely a training run for both sides.Result was meaningless,potential injuries wernt.At one stage there were 4 Utd Academy players on the pitch. Less than a week until United play Friday night

Agree again.... the funny thing is some people were reading a lot into the early pre-season games! 

Anyone with a knowledge of how training camps are conducted should know that the strength and conditioning comes first, before even any ball skills. That's why those matches are literally only important for getting miles into their legs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

Still think we need another CB and attackong midfielder 

Wonder if Shapiri might drop in if we don’t sign anyone else there. 

I hope we get to see more of Curtis Jones in the League. 

Please correct me Bob if i'm wrong but last year didn't you have a mid 3 of Henderson, Wijnaulem, Can, AOC, Milner, Lallanna, ok you have lost Can but gained Keitby and Fabinho but that still gives you 7 in mid although AOC is obviously injured for a while !

So are you saying that that is not enough ?

1 minute ago, alfieconn said:

Please correct me Bob if i'm wrong but last year didn't you have a mid 3 of Henderson, Wijnaulem, Can, AOC, Milner, Lallanna, ok you have lost Can but gained Keitby and Fabinho but that still gives you 7 in mid although AOC is obviously injured for a while !

+ Shaqiri can play there... Scousers are getting greedy.

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

It's the creative door opener we are missing, Lallana suspect with injuries and form. 

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

+ Shaqiri can play there... Scousers are getting greedy.

It seems that he might do that, but I thought he was bought to be an extra choice front 3 player, back up. It does seem he has been playing deeper in Napoli match. 

Only a couple of injuries away from drop in quality again...

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

^^ Makes sense. It would be ridiculous to have all that Coutinho money and not buy a genuine replacement for him.

Exactly, and considering Klopp identified Fekir as the player he needed and LFC were willing to pay 53M for him, he must still believe it's a need for there squad I would have thought. 

We'll see what happens in the next few days.Expect it is going to be a proper mental scramble for a lot of clubs. 

5 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

^^ What I meant was... he sees Shaqiri as the replacement. To play in the old Coutinho position. 

No, he was bought to play up top and is now being utilized in a deeper role because the Fekir deal is off, for now. We also look like we might play a few different systems this season. 

Just now, BangrakBob said:

No, he was bought to play up top and is now being utilized in a deeper role because the Fekir deal is off, for now. We also look like we might play a few different systems this season. 

Didn't realise Klopp has said that....  either way Shaqiri is good enough to play both roles.

With all these signings I don't think you'll be playing many homegrown players this year ? Only 2 clubs in the top 6 who consistently do that. 

Just now, RickG16 said:

Didn't realise Klopp has said that....  either way Shaqiri is good enough to play both roles.

With all these signings I don't think you'll be playing many homegrown players this year ? Only 2 clubs in the top 6 who consistently do that. 

Yeah, we went for a pint last week, gave me the low down. 

England's right back TAA and soon to be one of England's best attacking midfielders Curtis Jones both will feature ?

Is that the same youth that Mourinho stated aren't his players and why would Sanchez want to play with them?

1 minute ago, BangrakBob said:

Is that the same youth that Mourinho stated aren't his players and why would Sanchez want to play with them?

Nope... it's Rashford / Lingard / Pogba and Pereira.

There is a chance that Tatih Chong will get more chances, but can't see many of the others taking the step up just yet.