Public Encouraged To Reduce Plastic Bag Usage By 1 Bag Per Person Per Day

webfact

Let me begin by stating that I am no environmentalist but after watching 'bag it', a brilliant documentary about the terrible affect that plastic bags are having on marine life in particular I am trying to reduce my consumption of bags as much as possible.

'Bag It' is available on most torrent sites - highly recommended viewing. There is a LOT of evidence if you take the time..

• Like 1

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hail the plastic bag clap2.gif

Back in the 1970's there was a movement started by little old ladies in the UK to collect the aluminum tops of glass milk bottles for recycling. This was quickly embraced as an important solution to the problem of pollution caused by said aluminum milk bottle tops, and particularly school children nationwide would collect these pieces of aluminum foil in large quantities, by the garbage bag full. However any other kind of aluminum, which is used in much larger quantities for other purposes, was ignored.

As some will say, "every little bit helps" but to me it was essentially a load of <deleted> (lots of work for hardly any effect) and this whole debate about plastic shopping bags reminds me of this episode.

It was probably once again started by a little old lady in a village in Hampshire, gazing out of her window across her neatly trimmed lawn, and suddenly she discerned the evil presence of a plastic Tesco bag, being blown across said lawn and scaring the feeding blackbirds! OMG <deleted> (not that she would have used such words).

Not having much to do in the latter years of her life, she quickly enlisted the other retired forces in the village, and a movement was born to reduce and if possible ban the evil plastic bag from all supermarket in the nation and ultimately, the world...

The problem is: what is the problem? Plastic bags are very useful:

• They are made of a small amount of plastic (plastic quantity used for product packaging and every other use in life is much more than that used for small plastic shopping bags; as part of the overall production and use of plastic, shopping bags hardly are a blimp on the radar;
  • Shopping bags can and very frequently are re-used as trash bags, so people don't have to go out and buy trash bags (I guess the manufacturers of trash bags are at least partially behind the push for banning plastic shopping bags).
  • The so-called eco-bags that people can buy (obviously makes sense to sell bags rather than give them away!) to use instead of the plastic shopping bags provided by supermarkets, are usually made of woven polyester. They take much more energy and raw materials to manufacture. They are only used a few times each, on average. They get dirty, and people throw them out (after keeping them for a while until they get dusty too). People forget them and buy more. They don't make sense, as there is no overall difference/reduction in usage (polyester is a plastic).

The whole debate makes no sense. However plastic shopping bags do. When something "green" comes along, people often jump aboard the bandwagon without questioning whether the issue is reasonable. This issue is not. Some environmentalists have tried to sensationalize things by telling stories of ships full of bags being sent to third world countries for recycling. Really? And if yes, I'm sure they would be put to good use and create jobs w00t.gif

Another point is similar to the "glass half empty" vs the "glass half full" debate. People who claim that we should "reduce" (in other words lower quality of an experience) are non-creative. If something is not the right thing anymore, don't stop using it (that won't work anyway because only a minority will comply) but invent something that is better, to replace it.

That's not polyester bags you purchase and throw away after three times usage rather than one because they're too dirty. It's a whole new solution that is better than a plastic bag. I can't be bothered thinking about one, because plastic bags don't bother me. But to those who take offense at the plastic bag, rather than say "stop using them!", start providing a BETTER and USEFUL replacement for them. Duh!

Until that time, I'm a happy use of as many plastic bags as I get at the supermarket. I re-use them as garbage bags, to carry stuff in until they break, and for storage of items such as clothes etc. It saves me from buying garbage bags and storage bags. The plastic bag is useful. It is a great invention and has very limited environmental impact biggrin.png

How long does it take for these plastic bags to decompose in the garbage dumps where many of the stuff breaks down in less than 100 years some of it with in 6 months. I believe the neighborhood is in the 500 year range for plastic bags.

But yes that is not your problem you are comfortable in any thing that dosen't inconvenience your self.

1. You know what else is in garbage dumps? A lot more scary and poisonous stuff than plastic bags! Plastic is inert. It just sits there. Unless you have a hobby of sitting next to a garbage dump and staring at all the annoying plastic bags in there, I hardly think plastic bags buried in a dump make any difference to anyone at all. Whether they decompose in a year or in 500 years (which I believe is an exaggerated figure but who cares - they are buried in a dump)...

2. The garbage bags in a garbage dump don't inconvenience me, no. They usually don't inconvenience anyone, apart from the guys on the chairs sitting next to the garbage dump and staring at the bags and getting annoyed by them.

3. As I said, when something "green" comes up many people jump on the bandwagon without questioning whether the issue is reasonable. Plastic bags are inert. They don't pollute. It's like glass. It just sits there. So what is the environmental issue, apart from the visual pollution if you dig around in a garbage dump, which few people have as a hobby?

How many accumulative plastice bags will there be there then over that 500 years?

Don't you think that will take some room?

Try not to forget about the percentage that washes into oceans and kills wildlife.

I think he has made his position pretty clear on this. He dosen't care.

• Like 1

Back in the 1970's there was a movement started by little old ladies in the UK to collect the aluminum tops of glass milk bottles for recycling. This was quickly embraced as an important solution to the problem of pollution caused by said aluminum milk bottle tops, and particularly school children nationwide would collect these pieces of aluminum foil in large quantities, by the garbage bag full. However any other kind of aluminum, which is used in much larger quantities for other purposes, was ignored.

As some will say, "every little bit helps" but to me it was essentially a load of <deleted> (lots of work for hardly any effect) and this whole debate about plastic shopping bags reminds me of this episode.

It was probably once again started by a little old lady in a village in Hampshire, gazing out of her window across her neatly trimmed lawn, and suddenly she discerned the evil presence of a plastic Tesco bag, being blown across said lawn and scaring the feeding blackbirds! OMG <deleted> (not that she would have used such words).

Not having much to do in the latter years of her life, she quickly enlisted the other retired forces in the village, and a movement was born to reduce and if possible ban the evil plastic bag from all supermarket in the nation and ultimately, the world...

• They are made of a small amount of plastic (plastic quantity used for product packaging and every other use in life is much more than that used for small plastic shopping bags; as part of the overall production and use of plastic, shopping bags hardly are a blimp on the radar;
  • Shopping bags can and very frequently are re-used as trash bags, so people don't have to go out and buy trash bags (I guess the manufacturers of trash bags are at least partially behind the push for banning plastic shopping bags).
  • The so-called eco-bags that people can buy (obviously makes sense to sell bags rather than give them away!) to use instead of the plastic shopping bags provided by supermarkets, are usually made of woven polyester. They take much more energy and raw materials to manufacture. They are only used a few times each, on average. They get dirty, and people throw them out (after keeping them for a while until they get dusty too). People forget them and buy more. They don't make sense, as there is no overall difference/reduction in usage (polyester is a plastic).

The whole debate makes no sense. However plastic shopping bags do. When something "green" comes along, people often jump aboard the bandwagon without questioning whether the issue is reasonable. This issue is not. Some environmentalists have tried to sensationalize things by telling stories of ships full of bags being sent to third world countries for recycling. Really? And if yes, I'm sure they would be put to good use and create jobs w00t.gif

Another point is similar to the "glass half empty" vs the "glass half full" debate. People who claim that we should "reduce" (in other words lower quality of an experience) are non-creative. If something is not the right thing anymore, don't stop using it (that won't work anyway because only a minority will comply) but invent something that is better, to replace it.

That's not polyester bags you purchase and throw away after three times usage rather than one because they're too dirty. It's a whole new solution that is better than a plastic bag. I can't be bothered thinking about one, because plastic bags don't bother me. But to those who take offense at the plastic bag, rather than say "stop using them!", start providing a BETTER and USEFUL replacement for them. Duh!

Until that time, I'm a happy use of as many plastic bags as I get at the supermarket. I re-use them as garbage bags, to carry stuff in until they break, and for storage of items such as clothes etc. It saves me from buying garbage bags and storage bags. The plastic bag is useful. It is a great invention and has very limited environmental impact biggrin.png

How long does it take for these plastic bags to decompose in the garbage dumps where many of the stuff breaks down in less than 100 years some of it with in 6 months. I believe the neighborhood is in the 500 year range for plastic bags.

But yes that is not your problem you are comfortable in any thing that dosen't inconvenience your self.

1. You know what else is in garbage dumps? A lot more scary and poisonous stuff than plastic bags! Plastic is inert. It just sits there. Unless you have a hobby of sitting next to a garbage dump and staring at all the annoying plastic bags in there, I hardly think plastic bags buried in a dump make any difference to anyone at all. Whether they decompose in a year or in 500 years (which I believe is an exaggerated figure but who cares - they are buried in a dump)...

2. The garbage bags in a garbage dump don't inconvenience me, no. They usually don't inconvenience anyone, apart from the guys on the chairs sitting next to the garbage dump and staring at the bags and getting annoyed by them.

3. As I said, when something "green" comes up many people jump on the bandwagon without questioning whether the issue is reasonable. Plastic bags are inert. They don't pollute. It's like glass. It just sits there. So what is the environmental issue, apart from the visual pollution if you dig around in a garbage dump, which few people have as a hobby?

I covered all that in my post. here I will repost it for you

"But yes that is not your problem you are comfortable in any thing that dosen't inconvenience your self."

It is called I am OK screw everybody else. In two words

Self Centered.

Now you explain why it is not OK to try to lesson the environmental impact by just a very very small bit.

Sure. It does not inconvenience myself, nor does it inconvenience anyone else - apart from those people watching the plastic bags sitting in garbage dumps... Which are very few people anyway wink.png

You're suggesting I say "screw everybody else". So you reckon everybody else is inconvenienced (or hurt or killed) by plastic bags? I don't think plastic bags truly inconvenience anyone!

They are supposedly inconveniencing people who watch documentaries by film makers who want to make a sensationalist name for themselves. But nobody on this thread (nor anywhere else for that matter) has been able to tell me exactly how plastic bags are the evil that they are supposed to be. In real terms, not in the terms of sensationalist film makers who exaggerate details and focus on a few examples and blow them up sky-high.

Plastic bags are convenient, and I don't understand how they can inconvenience anyone in reality.

To answer your question about lessening the environmental impact by just a very very small bit: yes I would do that if it did not inconvenience me unduly. But plastic bags are convenient, and their environmental impact is negligible in my view.

As an example I won't throw garbage onto the street as it would mean pollution. So in that sense I try to lessen my environmental impact in a reasonable way, even though it may at times be convenient to just dump that empty packaging on the spot. But a plastic bag to me has such a low environmental impact (if used in a normal way) that I don't see any point in trying to lesson their usage.

If you really want to make an impact, and you're convinced plastic is evil, then stop buying anything packaged in plastic. The total plastic volume of other packaging people use is much greater than the plastic volume of plastic shopping bags. Sensationalist videos, TV programs, and what the public in general appears to believe notwithstanding...coffee1.gif

How many accumulative plastice bags will there be there then over that 500 years?

Don't you think that will take some room?

Try not to forget about the percentage that washes into oceans and kills wildlife.

I think he has made his position pretty clear on this. He dosen't care.

I don't care because there's nothing to care about. Far as I can see.

I don't care what you have seen on TV and now believe to be the truth. I don't care what the mainstream public believes without plastic bags -

because they have not really thought about the details and just repeat what they see on TV.

I do care about the environment. But I don't believe bullshit stories in the media.

Tell me what ACTUAL IMPACT plastic bags have on the environment other than visual pollution in a garbage dump. TELL ME YOUR HORROR STORIES ABOUT PLASTIC BAGS.

YOUR OWN ONES - not the ones you see on TV that serve their producers to advance their careers with unproven and hyped up sensationalism.

I bet you (and anyone else reading this) can't tell me any horror stories - because there aren't any real ones.

"Mr. Chatuphon said the attempt by the department will help keep the quantity of trash from exceeding the nation’s capacity in getting rid of them. He also added that greater efficiency in trash management can be achieved if the public helps reduce consumption and sort their garbage out into categories."

Sort garbage out into categories uh?

Black bin - all politicians

Red bin - red shirts

Yellow bin - yellow shirts

Brown bin - corrupt police officers

Pink bin - all other corrupt officials

There now, simple, garbage is sorted!

• Like 1

Let me begin by stating that I am no environmentalist but after watching 'bag it', a brilliant documentary about the terrible affect that plastic bags are having on marine life in particular I am trying to reduce my consumption of bags as much as possible. 'Bag It' is available on most torrent sites - highly recommended viewing. There is a LOT of evidence if you take the time..

Trailer:

I don't care what you have seen on TV and now believe to be the truth. I don't care what the mainstream public believes without plastic bags -

because they have not really thought about the details and just repeat what they see on TV.

I do care about the environment. But I don't believe bullshit stories in the media.

Tell me what ACTUAL IMPACT plastic bags have on the environment other than visual pollution in a garbage dump. TELL ME YOUR HORROR STORIES ABOUT PLASTIC BAGS.

YOUR OWN ONES - not the ones you see on TV that serve their producers to advance their careers with unproven and hyped up sensationalism.

I bet you (and anyone else reading this) can't tell me any horror stories - because there aren't any real ones.

The problem isn't specifically with the plastic bags. It's how they're disposed of ... or more importantly, how they're just thrown away. It's those that are just thrown away that are blowing up the street, or getting into the waterways, and then in to the oceans, and then getting eaten by sea creatures which is killing them.

By reducing the use of plastic bags, there will be less bags getting to the oceans, and less problems caused by them.

• Like 1

The problem isn't specifically with the plastic bags. It's how they're disposed of ... or more importantly, how they're just thrown away. It's those that are just thrown away that are blowing up the street, or getting into the waterways, and then in to the oceans, and then getting eaten by sea creatures which is killing them.

By reducing the use of plastic bags, there will be less bags getting to the oceans, and less problems caused by them.

Correct ! Both PB and whybother put the issue spot on in these 2 posts clap2.gif

• Like 1

Dinosaurs do not care about their environment, he would be typical of the type that throws their rubbish out the car window to become someone elses problem, but his car is nice and clean.

• Like 2

Correct ! Both PB and whybother put the issue spot on in these 2 posts clap2.gif

I stumbled on a stat that claims 1 tonne of plastic bags represents 11 barrels of oil. So do it to screw big oil if nothing else.

• Like 1

PB, it is ignorance like yours that magnifies the global problems.

Are all of these ok by your thinking?

plastic-bird.jpg

turtle_choking_plastic-450x281.jpg

ocean-debris-kills2.jpg

wsci_03_img0428.jpg

Have you heard the saying 'every little bit helps"

Plastic bags are one single problem in a huge problem of garbage in general.

Plastic bags is one thing everybody that cared just a little bit, could do something about today and for the rest of their days. Refuse a bag, you do not need a bag to carry everything home. You do not need 2 bags when they will all fit in one etc.

This is something you can do something about right now. All the other problems also need addressing and they do, this is just one of them.

You do not need a plastic bag to carry your water bottle out of 7/11. You do need the plastic bottle to carry the water out.

If you cannot see that and any advantage of it, then you simply are one of the ignorant millions that are destroying the planet.

I used to work in some pristine environments, more than you would have ever seen. These areas are now being ruined some 15/20 years on because of the 100 fold increase in rubbish and convenient packaging.

I was in one such environment over xmas and the difference was staggering.

Keep your head in the sand if you want and plead ignorance, but good people will not stop caring, unlike yourself and give up. You are just weak no doubt.

But how is somchai going to buy his cp sausage with chili sauce? The whole premise is that it needs a plastic bag.

plastic-bird.jpg

ocean-debris-kills2.jpg

wsci_03_img0428.jpg

Plastic bags is one thing everybody that cared just a little bit, could do something about today and for the rest of their days. Refuse a bag, you do not need a bag to carry everything home. You do not need 2 bags when they will all fit in one etc.

This is something you can do something about right now. All the other problems also need addressing and they do, this is just one of them.

You do not need a plastic bag to carry your water bottle out of 7/11. You do need the plastic bottle to carry the water out.

If you cannot see that and any advantage of it, then you simply are one of the ignorant millions that are destroying the planet.

I used to work in some pristine environments, more than you would have ever seen. These areas are now being ruined some 15/20 years on because of the 100 fold increase in rubbish and convenient packaging.

Keep your head in the sand if you want and plead ignorance, but good people will not stop caring, unlike yourself and give up. You are just weak no doubt.

But how is somchai going to buy his cp sausage with chili sauce? The whole premise is that it needs a plastic bag.

Never said it would be easy.

Banana leaves would be awesome. Second income from all them banana growers.

Think about the absolute wastage, the staggering irrelevance of using something such as a plastic bag or foam box for just a few minutes, sometimes even seconds and then discarding it to fill rubbish dumps or oceans for hundreds of years.

Look at a 7/11 or any shop really, watch some customers come out with their plastic bag or container and it is used for seconds and then dumped in a rubbish bin outside the shop.

How ridiculous.

Nothing will replace plastic bags. Why do these people keep bothering? Such a big fuss about a year ago - or was it longer - about how the supermarkets will stop giving them away, everyone will use paper bags or re-usable bags. What a load of tosh. Give up, you "save the planet" people. What is needed is for people to not throw the bags out of the pick-up or off their bike. It's called littering.

The problem is disposal of the bags, not use of them.

• Like 1

plastic-bird.jpg

ocean-debris-kills2.jpg

wsci_03_img0428.jpg

Never said it would be easy.

Banana leaves would be awesome. Second income from all them banana growers.

Think about the absolute wastage, the staggering irrelevance of using something such as a plastic bag or foam box for just a few minutes, sometimes even seconds and then discarding it to fill rubbish dumps or oceans for hundreds of years.

Look at a 7/11 or any shop really, watch some customers come out with their plastic bag or container and it is used for seconds and then dumped in a rubbish bin outside the shop.

How ridiculous.

The entire thai food industry relies on Styrofoam and plastic bags in profusion.

"Look at a 7/11 or any shop really, watch some customers come out with their plastic bag or container and it is used for seconds and then dumped in a rubbish bin outside the shop."

Then there are the many 7-11 plastic bags that aren't lucky enough to ever see the inside of a rubbish bin, and are instead, dumped thoughtlessly in the gutter or in a creek.

Unfortunately at these convenience stores, the initiative is always on the customer to request "no bag thank you". That rarely happens.

Perhaps the store management could get the ball rolling to tug at the public's conscience about plastic bag usage by requiring counter staff to ask each customer first, "Do you want a bag?"

Having said this, I can understand to some degree why 7-11 stores automatically place purchased items in bags. On those busy Friday evenings with all three cash registers on turbo, and customers crowding around the exit, staff checking that all goods leaving the store are in those little white 7-11 printed plastic bags must help in reducing shoplifting.

He can take it in one plastic bag, rather than the 3 that they would normally give him.

Well that is possible. But, there is no way in just about anywhere in the world, a marketing manager would countenance,

"Ok, so we sell a hot dog on a stick to people, but how are they going to put sauce on it?"

"Ummmmm, put it in a 6 by 4 plastic bag".

Great idea. Of course, the whole point of the damn thing is it is meant to be a hot dog in a bun, but curiously, there are never any buns available, because we all know, Thai people believe that bread makes you fat. So screw it......Put it in a bag....

• Like 1

Dinosaurs do not care about their environment, he would be typical of the type that throws their rubbish out the car window to become someone elses problem, but his car is nice and clean.

cleaned out he car today as a matter of fact 1 plastic bag and a load of plastic bottles empty, sigarette packs and so on

do not litter is a thing i see hardly been done here , ok a bananapeel not so much trouble when thrown in the bushes from the car , more than once i had to break , uturn , and go back to the spot where some smartass threw plastic out ,and make it pick it up ,+ the rest nearby

Bullxxxx, this is not a sollution to the plastic waste problem in this country.

A complete ban of plastic is the only sollution, and don't come with silly excuses, it IS possible.

Quite a few countries have ruled out a law banning the use of plastic bags.

What's wrong with having a descent shopping bag you can use over and over again?

an impulse or unplanned shopping trip. Most plastic bags end up as bin bags anyway.

"Look at a 7/11 or any shop really, watch some customers come out with their plastic bag or container and it is used for seconds and then dumped in a rubbish bin outside the shop."

Then there are the many 7-11 plastic bags that aren't lucky enough to ever see the inside of a rubbish bin, and are instead, dumped thoughtlessly in the gutter or in a creek.

Unfortunately at these convenience stores, the initiative is always on the customer to request "no bag thank you". That rarely happens.

Perhaps the store management could get the ball rolling to tug at the public's conscience about plastic bag usage by requiring counter staff to ask each customer first, "Do you want a bag?"

Having said this, I can understand to some degree why 7-11 stores automatically place purchased items in bags. On those busy Friday evenings with all three cash registers on turbo, and customers crowding around the exit, staff checking that all goods leaving the store are in those little white 7-11 printed plastic bags must help in reducing shoplifting.

You have a good point there with the 7/11 use. Strange no one has mentioned recycling them. Back in Canada Safeway stores had a bin for recycling them. Of course the Dinosaur Would consider them ignorant for that.

Thais only understand things when it hits them in their wallet. So, to that end, charge the customer 1 or 2 baht for every bag used (small bag = 1 baht, big bag = 2 baht).

Also, some time ago at Terminal 21 I bought 6 pasteries at one of the bake shops in the basement. Yup, you guessed it, each pastry went into it's own little plastic bag to be sealed shut with cello tape, and the lot went into a big plastic bag. So for 6 pastries I walked away with 7 plastic bags and about a meter of cello tape.

Trying to get Thais to cut back on plastic bags is going to be a hard sell, but charging for each bag would go a long way to making it work.

Exactly, spot on. Awareness only goes through the wallet. 1 or 2 Baht might not be enough to make a significant dent.

Make it 5 Baht for the big bag and 2 for the small, and the 500 Million bags per day will be cut at least in half in no time.

OK. And so there's 500 million bags less distributed out there. And what difference would that make? It might reduce employment at one plastic bag manufacturing plant. These employees could then move over to the other plant that makes garbage bags rather than shopping bags, because that plant's demand would go up as people would now have to buy their garbage bags rather than getting them for free from the supermarket. Or am I missing something? blink.png

you are right, but telling the truth doesn't get politicians/do gooders any satisfaction. A better target would be excessive packaging.

Thais only understand things when it hits them in their wallet. So, to that end, charge the customer 1 or 2 baht for every bag used (small bag = 1 baht, big bag = 2 baht).

Also, some time ago at Terminal 21 I bought 6 pasteries at one of the bake shops in the basement. Yup, you guessed it, each pastry went into it's own little plastic bag to be sealed shut with cello tape, and the lot went into a big plastic bag. So for 6 pastries I walked away with 7 plastic bags and about a meter of cello tape.

Trying to get Thais to cut back on plastic bags is going to be a hard sell, but charging for each bag would go a long way to making it work.

Exactly, spot on. Awareness only goes through the wallet. 1 or 2 Baht might not be enough to make a significant dent.

Make it 5 Baht for the big bag and 2 for the small, and the 500 Million bags per day will be cut at least in half in no time.

OK. And so there's 500 million bags less distributed out there. And what difference would that make? It might reduce employment at one plastic bag manufacturing plant. These employees could then move over to the other plant that makes garbage bags rather than shopping bags, because that plant's demand would go up as people would now have to buy their garbage bags rather than getting them for free from the supermarket. Or am I missing something? blink.png

you are right, but telling the truth doesn't get politicians/do gooders any satisfaction. A better target would be excessive packaging.

Go and buy 6 banana cakes from S&P. Theplastic packaging weighs about the same as the cakes.

Where 7eleven- cashiers also encouraged to use their brain, before they hand out plastic bags for ice cream- popsicles?

Where Tesco- cashiers also encouraged to put more than 2 items into 1 bag, unless those items are a TV and motor- block?

Where Tops- cashiers also encouraged to put items into cloth- bags, without putting them in plastic- bags before?

BTW: good move to encourage the public to be more environmentally friendly!

It has taken me 2 years to get my Thai wife to tell the clerks to not give us bags for one or two items and to not double bag everything and to put a full load into every bag. Every time I tell the clerks that I don't want a bag they look confused. And then there is the ubiquitous straw that Thai's seem to need with every drink.

And don't forget all the take away food they buy in bags. Buy noodles at a street vendor and you will get the noodles in a bag, the broth in a bag, some condements in bags and then all of that will be put in a bag. If the eat like this three times a day, plus buy drinks and snacks I bet the average Thai uses more like 20 bags per day.

condiments

Also, we should not forget how you dispose of your bags when you are done, ahh yes, just drop it or pitch it in the direction of the weeds.

On the plus side, at least they are talking about it, but talking about it in The Nation is like writing it on the wall in the toilet of a bar in Nana, nobody's going to see it. How about a commercial on every TV station once every few hours from now until 2020, plus a few thousand of those fine billboards that the politicians put up everywhere.

The both of you are a little uneducated I take it. Open YouTube then search for "plastic ocean" then watch a few of the videos and see if you change your mind. Or go to the beach and in Bang Sean, or Chon Buri, or Phuket and look at all the plastic floating in the water. Or even drive down a neighborhood soi, not tourist areas, a soi where average Thai's live and you will see thousands of plastic bags. Not to mention a lot of Thai's don't use these bags for garbage, how much garbage can you fit into a 1/2 liter bag?

• Like 1

thai plastic in my opnion it too tough anyway need knifes and scissors to open just about anything wrapped in plastic

even a pair of scissors one can not open without the use of those

a bag of lays let you open enough to get 2 fingers in