Jaywalker In Jomtien - Who Is He?

Gsxrnz

I often see a European walking down the middle of the road in Jomtien. Usually it's while I'm driving down Thepprasit Road, and today I saw him walking up Jomtien Sai 2 towards Thepprasit. He's tall, dressed a bit scruffy, longish dark hair and a bit of a beard. Without wanting too generalise too much, he looks a little eccentric and could be anything from 25 to 45 years old.

I've nearly run him over a few times and seen a few hairy situations where he's not seen by cars or scooter riders and they have to take evasive action.

I just wondered if anybody knew him (or maybe you're on TV?), and wondered what his story is. He seems to make it a habit of walking in the middle of the road and I'd hate to see him nailed by a bike or car, especially not mine! I've never seen him when I'm in a position to stop and talk to him, but the incident where I nearly ran him over today was a bit frightening so hence my reason for asking about him.

This clown has nearly cost me a wing mirror on a couple of occasions whilst he meanders down the middle of Thepprasit Road with his carrier bags - as if there isn't enough to contend with.

This chap is an accident waiting to happen, a danger not only unto himself but also to innocent motorists and cyclists. Lets hope he's packing suitable insurance, a trauma kit and a spare pair of shreddies in his tesco bag.

• Like 1

Is he the one who often sit at police booth on Sukhumvit road and watch cars passing for hours ?

Nope, I've seen that bloke too and wondered what his story was as well. But the dude that walks in the middle of the road is not the same guy. Haven't seen the Sukhumvit Road bloke for quite a while now I think about it.

He is German , speaks little English and has been making the rounds on Sukumvit some time now.

I asked him why he does not go home , he said to me " I'm Thai " ............

Ok, so any explanation regarding his tendency to walk down the centre line of Thepprasit Road?

Maybe he escaped from a mental hospital in Germany?

In Thailand nobody cares nobody ask questions, just live your life and eventually die a tragic death.

Edited by balo

There was a German guy around Soi Buklao about 12 months ago and there was quiet a lengthy discussion about him. He was very raggered long hair and with torn shorts and exposing himself to the world. It is not the same guy is it. ?

He is German , speaks little English and has been making the rounds on Sukumvit some time now.

I asked him why he does not go home , he said to me " I'm Thai " ............

Ok, so any explanation regarding his tendency to walk down the centre line of Thepprasit Road?

His name is Jay Walker?

• Like 1