Imobile Brand Phones?

beb

Has anybody seen the IQ 1.1? yet?  I think some friends of mine would be interested in it.

I was waiting for this to become available after I saw this 

http://www.touchphoneview.com/spec/i-mobile-iq-1-1-%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%AD%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A2-%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%A7-1-1/

I thought it might also be at the mobile expo and was going to compare it with the IQ X but although they had some advertising flyers there they didn't have a phone to look at.

They obviously wanted to push the IQ X..........which worked as I bought one.

IQ XA is better in terms of camera specs and latest updated jelly bean software.

U bought it right with the IQ XA...

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is the 3g x sim that they say comes with the IQ x?

I bought my phone from the Mobile Expo exhibition and it came with an i-mobile 3GX mini sim. 500 minutes and 500meg of data were pre loaded. I don't know if that was an Expo 'add on'only or whether it's also supplied in the shops.

I also got one with my IQX bought from the i-mobile shop in Chiang Mai. Does anybody know how to check the calling and data balances with an ISSD code? e.g. *101*4#

I also got a 3g X sim with my IQ5.1 and no idea how to use it other than I can top it up at 7 etc. Is I-mobile a re-seller for AIS or one of the other providers?

reseller for TOT 2100mz 3g

I bought my phone from the Mobile Expo exhibition and it came with an i-mobile 3GX mini sim. 500 minutes and 500meg of data were pre loaded. I don't know if that was an Expo 'add on'only or whether it's also supplied in the shops.

It's for expo only...not avail free at the i-mobile shops which i went earlier..

and which onee would i need if i wanted AIS 2g and voice etc with true 3g?

U need the IQ XA

Sorry, but NO!!

He needs the IQ X

Both phones will do any provider on 2g. Only the X will do True/CAT/DTAC (900MHz) 3g.

The "XA" (850/1900MHz 3G) is for the Americas (and AIS Th), the X (900/1800MHz 3G) is for "rest of the world" (and DTAC/TRUE/CAT Th), pretty much.

If the op is from the US/Americas he is better off with an XA and switching to AIS for 3g (assuming he wants to use the phone in the US also). However if he's from anywhere else and wants to use it there, he's going to want the X.

bobl, on 07 Jun 2013 - 06:57, said:

RevStar Zen, on 07 Jun 2013 - 02:30, said:

joeaverage, on 06 Jun 2013 - 09:49, said:

U need the IQ XA

Sorry, but NO!!

He needs the IQ X

Both phones will do any provider on 2g. Only the X will do True/CAT/DTAC (900MHz) 3g.

The "XA" (850/1900MHz 3G) is for the Americas (and AIS Th), the X (900/1800MHz 3G) is for "rest of the world" (and DTAC/TRUE/CAT Th), pretty much.

If the op is from the US/Americas he is better off with an XA and switching to AIS for 3g (assuming he wants to use the phone in the US also). However if he's from anywhere else and wants to use it there, he's going to want the X.

thanks that is what i thought.

I have had the same ais number for a number of years now and dont wish to change as such have relied upon 2 g and wireless, (though it seems there is ALWAYS wireless)

U need the IQ XA

Sorry, but NO!!

He needs the IQ X

You got that wrong. AIS is 3g on 900 & 2100mhz. True.Cat.Dtac are 850 & 2100 MHz. With True trialing 4g on 1800mhz (I think)

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

U need the IQ XA

Sorry, but NO!!

He needs the IQ X

You got that wrong. AIS is 3g on 900 & 2100mhz. True.Cat.Dtac are 850 & 2100 MHz. With True trialing 4g on 1800mhz (I think)

Eish... you're right I stand corrected it's bass ackwards. X for Americas 3g (850 - True/Dtac/Cat), XA for Europe 3g (900 - AIS), and either, for 3g (2100). I think I made the same mistake in a previous post and it stuck in my head.

But op does need the X if he wants to use true 3g - it's where else he can use it that's backwards

This one's handy http://www.worldtimezone.com/gsm.html

• Like 1

It's for expo only...not avail free at the i-mobile shops which i went earlier..

I bought my IQ XA from Furtune Town and it came with the iMobile 3G SIM with free time - so some shops may still have the free offer.

• Like 1

U need the IQ XA

Sorry, but NO!!

He needs the IQ X

Sorry but YES!

I think u got it the other way round..i'm on IQ XA and it's 900/1800mhz on 2G and 2100mhz on 3G.

IQX or XA will do any provider on 3G-2100mhz but the IQX's 2G will only do 850/1800mhz on 2G which is for True/Dtac.

I initially got confused as u which i went back to the mobile expo to get it the 2nd time after re-confirming.

Had checked the latest prices at i-mobile shop located at Central Cheang Wattana and was told free gift of 16gb sd card avail and there's a discount which left the IQ XA cheaper at only 9015thb.

*153*n# where n =

1 balance

2 data bundle

3 money bonus

4 sms bundle

5 free minutes

6 bonus data

9 balance via sms

Option 9 hasn't worked for me yet.

I asked in the i-mobile shop and I was told a

100 baht top up gets 30 days

300 baht 90 days

500 baht 180 days

I still haven't decide whether this SIM is better value than my Happy internet SIM for which I pay 25 satang/minute when using 3g pay as you go, although it is capped at 384kbps. As an infrequent mobile data user, I don't need a package, as Wi-Fi is pretty much ubiquitous these days.

--damole

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thai visa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by damole

*153*n# where n = 1 balance2 data bundle3 money bonus4 sms bundle5 free minutes6 bonus data9 balance via smsOption 9 hasn't worked for me yet.I asked in the i-mobile shop and I was told a 100 baht top up gets 30 days300 baht 90 days500 baht 180 daysI still haven't decide whether this SIM is better value than my Happy internet SIM for which I pay 25 satang/minute when using 3g pay as you go, although it is capped at 384kbps. As an infrequent mobile data user, I don't need a package, as Wi-Fi is pretty much ubiquitous these days.--damoleSent from my Nexus 7 using Thai visa Connect Thailand mobile app

U'll be better off with yr Happy Internet sim..as 3gx mobile dun really have good coverage areas+often encountered dropped calls.

U need the IQ XA

Sorry, but NO!!

He needs the IQ X

Eish... you're right I stand corrected it's bass ackwards. X for Americas 3g (850 - True/Dtac/Cat), XA for Europe 3g (900 - AIS), and either, for 3g (2100). I think I made the same mistake in a previous post and it stuck in my head.

But op does need the X if he wants to use true 3g - it's where else he can use it that's backwards

This one's handy http://www.worldtimezone.com/gsm.html

ok thanks for the correction. As long as it works in asia, i rally could not care less about anywhere else

As I'm going back to the UK tomorrow for a few months I decided to top up the SIM with a 100bt refill card and received 200bt extending the SIM until the end September. I use the Happy internet SIM in my Nexus 7. It was worth the100 baht to keep the SIM active until I come back when I'll decide whether to keep it or get another Happy SIM.

--damole

Sent from my i-mobile IQ X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If i'm not wrong,only Thai-(Dtac+True) have different GSM bandwiths of 850mhz compared to majority 900mhz bandwiths in asia.

Australia also use 850mhz out in the boonies

If i'm not wrong,only Thai-(Dtac+True) have different GSM bandwiths of 850mhz compared to majority 900mhz bandwiths in asia.

Australia also use 850mhz out in the boonies

Australia is 1 of the minority like Thai den...:P

• 1 month later...

Still happy with your IQ9 and IQX ?

Have you managed to root it ?

Thanks.

Still happy with it but am not gonna root it as i wanna update the to latest android software when it's available...

Did I-mobile ever provide updates for their phones? Mrs Conners has had a IQ1 for over a year, never got any updates for it afaik.

Yes they do,in-fact,i juz updated mine a few days ago...

If it cannot be updated,i'll be better off buying a clone chinese Galaxy S4 which is using MTK6589 as well!