Abandoned: Exploring Urban Decay At The Sathorn Unique

webfact

As for every unfinished or abandoned building in this city, the owners (typically banks) will only sell for Top-Dollar, or rather let it rot. A few years ago, I heard that a foreign (Israeli I believe) businessman, tried to buy the Sathorn Unique Building to finish the construction, but unfortunately was only met with the usual sky-high demands for Top-Dollar.

The Bangkok city administration should force the owner to complete the construction within a short time-frame, sell it on auction to the highest bidder, or simply remove it. For too many years now, this building has just been a shit right in the eye, for everyone visiting or living in Bangkok.

Edited by Xonax
  • Like 2

Yes, I know that building.

I used to go often to the Taksin BTS station.

Unfinished buildings left open to the elements age fast and get damaged.

For instance water gets inside the unprotected concrete and the rebars rust.

One unfinished long abandoned high-rise next to the Nana BTS station was finally pulled down a couple years ago.

Now an empty lot waiting for the next hotel.

Yes, I know that building.

I used to go often to the Taksin BTS station.

Unfinished buildings left open to the elements age fast and get damaged.

For instance water gets inside the unprotected concrete and the rebars rust.

One unfinished long abandoned high-rise next to the Nana BTS station was finally pulled down a couple years ago.

Now an empty lot waiting for the next hotel.

Splitting hairs, but the Nana building wasn't ever intended to be a high-rise. Believe it or not the original purpose was to be a Honda dealership!

been meaning to do this for years. it has been quite extensively photographed by urban decay aficionados, and there are many cool photos on the web but the video makes it really accessible,

not sure i would hang around as the sun sets though

It is supposed to be haunted and I have seen a website somewhere with people doing ghost adventures there.

Also I think a farang was found up there a year or 2 ago tied up to something, not sure if it was suicide or more, founds days later.

It is supposed to be haunted and I have seen a website somewhere with people doing ghost adventures there.

Also I think a farang was found up there a year or 2 ago tied up to something, not sure if it was suicide or more, founds days later.

that wasnt the unique that was out rangsit way nick greenwood was his name. he hung himself

that wasnt the unique that was out rangsit way nick greenwood was his name. he hung himself

No, I am sure it was either this building or another similar in Bkk town, I remember the corpse guys having to climb all the way up there to retrieve the body.

Notice the girl was leaning way back here.

Scared of heights I think.

They should have stayed after dark.

attachicon.gifCapture_11.jpg

That's a man

w00t.gif

I'm getting old. Can feel the vertigo just watching it.

Me too.

Wonder what was below him on that balcony, maybe another level that popped out and therefore not so scary.

But if it was just 'air' then sitting on that crumbly concrete, exposed to the elements, rust getting into the rebar etc, brave, or stoopid.