Just Another Reminder To Everyone, Wifi Internet In Bangkok...

allalong

It's fine if you don't know anything else

Just don't go to places like S, Korea because then you'll notice it really does suck here!

Never had internet in Korea but have had it for many years in the US and my connection in Bangkok is just as reliable but considerably less expensive. I stream video, run web presentations and am on the VOIP with the US constantly with my connection in Bangkok for business and never had issues.

One reason people experience problems has to do with the wiring in their building being old.

• Like 1

I am not sure what you mean by that? WiFi as in paid WiFi hotspots on the street? Free WiFi hotspots on the street?

My experience is that WiFi hotspots by TOT, 3BB, and True by and large don't work all over Thailand. The hotspots are everywhere - but they don't really work, or are so slow as to be nearly unusable. In any case my 3G True connection is always faster, and always better.

In Hua Hin recently I tried:

- Hua Hin free city wide WiFi. If you get through the sign up process at all - took me a while - you'll find that it does not work. At all.

- True WiFi - worked OK, except pretty slow

- 3BB WiFi - extremely slow, too slow to be usable really - like a dial up modem, or an EDGE connection. Worse than EDGE, actually.

My experience is that WiFi hotspots by TOT, 3BB, and True by and large don't work all over Thailand. The hotspots are everywhere - but they don't really work, or are so slow as to be nearly unusable. In any case my 3G True connection is always faster, and always better.

Could be user error. wink.png

nikster: The Hua Hin city-wide WiFi is pretty crappy even when it does work. I think the transmitters are only along Petchkasem Road, and unless you are within 100 feet of one, you can forget connecting. Also, IIRC, it is only good for short sessions before it automatically logs you off. I haven't really used it in over two years (since I moved to HH), but I think it was 30 minutes per session.

rolleyes.gif I am currently on holiday in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam,

I keep losing my connection at this hotel I'm in, but is NOT in Thailand that I'm losing my connection it's here in HCMC, that I'm being disconnected.

It seems to work better here after normal daytime hours however.

Spent 3 last 3 years in Thailand, and had True in my house in Bangkok.

Connectivity there was better there than here in HCMC.