Opposition Leader Abhisit Urges P M Yingluck To Take Full Control Of Southern Resolution

webfact

Opposition leader urges PM to take full control of southern resolution
By Digital Media

13670347386436.jpg

BANGKOK, April 27 – Opposition Democrat leader Abhisit Vejjajiva has called for government unity and the prime minister’s sincerity in solving unrest in Thailand’s deep South.

The former prime minister said Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra should fully exercise her power in tackling the southern problem.

She is authorised to order all state agencies in her capacity as chairwoman of the Internal Security Operation Command (ISOC) and Southern Border Provinces Administrative Centre, Mr Abhisit said.

He urged the government to dissolve the Centre to Mobilise Policy and Strategy to Solve Problems in the Southern Border Province which is duplicating other existing bodies.

Meanwhile, army commander Prayuth Chan-ocha ordered security forces in the South to be on full alert despite the ongoing peace process between the government and some Muslim militant groups.

He told a group of Pattani residents and teachers that the government would take a lenient approach for those involved in insurgency activities that wanted to turn themselves in. (MCOT online news).

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-04-27

Admirable call but of course a hollow speech. The PM, the army and the lame Police Minister have no idea whatsoever to do about the south. Make it too hot (dangerous) to remain and they will think twice about insurgency but asking them to surrender and the law will be 'lenient' - are they serious? Idiots.

• Like 1

With a few of our members on holiday may I post the suggestion that obviously and clear for all to see this is a devious ploy in the blame game. Mind you, a PM is ultimately responsible whether directly or indirectly involved. That's why we charged k. Abhisit, isn't it ?

Judes goat comes to mind. The present cabinet as well as their advisors seem to have taken this path before, maybe justice will prevail., this time. Not wishing them any bld luck, you know, just what they deserve.

They seem to have hit every pothole in the fast slippery road being followed, as well as running over a few innocents, maybe the day of reckoning is fast approaching.

i think Abhisit is using Political speak for , put your money where your mouth is or lead by example ,now take charge and then Yingluck plays into the political oppositions hands , either way she can't win, old political ploy, well worth doing , good one.coffee1.gif

i think Abhisit is using Political speak for , put your money where your mouth is or lead by example ,now take charge and then Yingluck plays into the political oppositions hands , either way she can't win, old political ploy, well worth doing , good one.coffee1.gif

Why she can't win? Next election 500 Baht for everyone and she'll win. Who cares what Abhisit speaks? Beside a few hi-so no one cares politics, just the 500 Baht at the election.

Abhisit is ridiculous as always......

Thaksin is in power.

No more ridiculous than a PM who doesn't like going to parliament.

I'd be very careful making allegations about Thaksin being in power. There are PTP supporters on here who take a very dim view of anyone making accusations about Thaksin without absolute proof. I believe you need to be actually present with the entire UN security council as witnesses.

• Like 1

Thaksin is in power.

I'd be very careful making allegations about Thaksin being in power. There are PTP supporters on here who take a very dim view of anyone making accusations about Thaksin without absolute proof. I believe you need to be actually present with the entire UN security council as witnesses.

A couple come to mind haven't seen them lately.

To bad as I for one think Yingluck is the only one in the present government who can make some progress in the south.

The first thing she would have to do is stop the peace talks with the burned out terrorists they are not and never will accomplish any thing. They are not a problem any more they are tired of the rat race let them go home.

Then she would have to admit Tak Bai was a Government wrong doing and prosecute the people responsible. She would have to let the army do what it can to protect civilians and not put her nose into it other than to say keep it honest.

Then she would have to try to present her self as a PM who cares about the people win them over. A continuation of the present policies that are on a Merry go round are not working and never will. As one group of terroists gets so tired of it a new group springs up.

And why not the people are doing nothing to stop them as far as they are concerned the government is out to get them. By trying to be more personal with them Yingluck can let them know she cares. Take away Chalerm's cut of corruption money and invest it in schools to help the poor people learn some thing they can make money at. Help them to set up little bossiness show that she as not only the PM but as a human being care for them.

• Like 1

Thaksin is in power.

To bad as I for one think Yingluck is the only one in the present government who can make some progress in the south.

The first thing she would have to do is stop the peace talks with the burned out terrorists they are not and never will accomplish any thing. They are not a problem any more they are tired of the rat race let them go home.

Then she would have to admit Tak Bai was a Government wrong doing and prosecute the people responsible. She would have to let the army do what it can to protect civilians and not put her nose into it other than to say keep it honest.

Then she would have to try to present her self as a PM who cares about the people win them over. A continuation of the present policies that are on a Merry go round are not working and never will. As one group of terroists gets so tired of it a new group springs up.

And why not the people are doing nothing to stop them as far as they are concerned the government is out to get them. By trying to be more personal with them Yingluck can let them know she cares. Take away Chalerm's cut of corruption money and invest it in schools to help the poor people learn some thing they can make money at. Help them to set up little bossiness show that she as not only the PM but as a human being care for them.

When PTP won the election I was prepared to give her a chance but not surprisingly she hasn't really done more that what she was bought in for. Still if she can make a difference then well done to her.

Thaksin is in power.

When PTP won the election I was prepared to give her a chance but not surprisingly she hasn't really done more that what she was bought in for. Still if she can make a difference then well done to her.

I believe she could but doubt that big brother would allow it,

Had to laugh when I read this part of your post.

"she hasn't really done more that what she was bought in for."

Was thecheesy.gif boughtcheesy.gif what you meant or did you mean brought.giggle.gif

Both give the same results.clap2.gif

• Like 1

Was thecheesy.gif boughtcheesy.gif what you meant or did you mean brought.giggle.gif

I actually meant bought but you may well be right.

Had to post like this as I'm crap at removing excess posts.

I actually meant bought but you may well be right.

Had to post like this as I'm crap at removing excess posts.

I'm really losing it aren't I?

I should read more slowly. I meant to say 'brought' not 'bought'.

Unbelievably I have been asked on several occasions to teach English and I may be doing so in a school very soon. It was whilst I was looking at a list of regular and irregular verbs that I saw the words 'brought' and 'bought' and realised my mistake.