Old Amari Property - Rincome Corner

SDH

Does anyone know the deal with this place?

I've heard;

• MBK mall? (I hope not)
  • Parking lot? (I wish).

http://www.chiangmaicitynews.com/news.php?id=322

The 12 rai of land of the Nimmanhaeminda family is hugely valuable with current estimates at 50 million baht a rai. Not yet willing to sell their land, they have recently signed an agreement with MBK (Ma Boon Krong) shopping mall in Bangkok to build a retail shopping mall and construction will commence in January 2013. The city will reclaim some of the land of the property and the spirit house will be no more.

post-23543-0-40949900-1367049002_thumb.j

Who knows.

When the adjacent Maya mall was planned it looked to be only 3 or 4 stories in the promotional rendering...

It's at least 10 stories and still growing.

They are probably working out the uh payments before getting to work on the Amari site

Exactly, <deleted> if you look at the proposal the MAYA was about 5-6 stories, I live by there and it grows daily.....

I wonder how long it will take to get through the intersection from 16:30 to 19:30 hours?

• Like 1

This is what the Maya Mall was supposed to look like.

Major bait and switch

Check out the setback from the road... It's nowhere near that...

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-04-27 at 3.45.14 PM.jpg

Welcome to LOS.. 'Land of Sheep' who never ask questions

Artists impressions NEVER look like the final structure... in Thailand. However, in this instance I wonder if this pic wasn't just the 'upper deck' of Maya, not showing parking levels below .... ?

The height difference is predictable but the setback or lack of in the final product is a crystal clear example of piss poor planning.

I could hit the building from the Huay Kaew with a paper airplane.

This precludes any serious road widening and of course there will be drivers stopping and picking up and dropping people off causing even more hazard and gridlock.

Throw in a little road widening and a songthaw lane and another property with scant to no walkways.

We all look around and think wow how screwed up is this planning and just take it for granted. When something new is constructed then its like a lightning bolt for understanding the bad planning process.

The Robinson AIrport mall looks positively well thought out compared to this.

Last I saw on their web site the completion date for the Maya building was Q3 2013 which looks a cast iron Bob Hope. Anyone out there with a more informed idea, I have to walk passed it daily and with the increase in 'staff parking' and goods deliveries you might as well walk down the center lane of the Superhighway and take your chances.

I thought I saw a sign on the Amari Hotel saying it was being remodeled which makes more sense to me than anything else. It is a good location for a hotel, specially with the new mall under construction.

I thought I saw a sign on the Amari Hotel saying it was being remodeled which makes more sense to me than anything else. It is a good location for a hotel, specially with the new mall under construction.

If it is in fact being remodeled and they have parking (ahhh parking thumbsup.gif what a concept) they would more than likely not need to worry about the occupancy rate....

This is what the Maya Mall was supposed to look like.

Major bait and switch

Check out the setback from the road... It's nowhere near that...

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-04-27 at 3.45.14 PM.jpg

Welcome to LOS.. 'Land of Sheep' who never ask questions

LOL I drove by that thing only once but even just glancing at it for a few seconds while breezing by I can tell it won't look anything like that rendering. Too bad the rendering looks much better than what's currently going up there.

If they made a pedestrian crossover to the mall it would be awesome. The Amari Rincome intersection is the worst in Chiang Mai. I avoid it like the plague.

• Like 1

If they made a pedestrian crossover to the mall it would be awesome. The Amari Rincome intersection is the worst in Chiang Mai. I avoid it like the plague.

Yup it suck's, I live around there, it's so bad that during rush hour you need to take the scooter, otherwise the wait can be up to 1 hour, which I guess is still better than Bkk, but .....

Never mind the regular traffic, imagine what the extra songthaew and tuk-tuk brigade will do as they queue in both designated and undesignated areas trolling for pick-ups and making unpredictable drop-offs. Like the front of KSK x10. Also, there's that snafu confluence on the Mahidol side of Airport Plaza where the songthaews peel away into oncoming traffic trying to make that right turn up into the city, as traffic also merges with those coming off Hang Dong road. I expect fun elements from both of those malls to make themselves overly apparent around the entrances and exits of the new mall as soon as it opens. Could be called the Chiang Mai comedy festival....except for those who live around there/ have to pass thru daily.

• Like 2

Never mind the regular traffic, imagine what the extra songthaew and tuk-tuk brigade will do as they queue in both designated and undesignated areas trolling for pick-ups and making unpredictable drop-offs. Like the front of KSK x10. Also, there's that snafu confluence on the Mahidol side of Airport Plaza where the songthaews peel away into oncoming traffic trying to make that right turn up into the city, as traffic also merges with those coming off Hang Dong road. I expect fun elements from both of those malls to make themselves overly apparent around the entrances and exits of the new mall as soon as it opens. Could be called the Chiang Mai comedy festival....except for those who live around there/ have to pass thru daily.

Don't worry, new Central Mall opening on 118, Promenada on 1017. Who in their right mind will want to go to Maya unless they live in that area w00t.gif

• 1 month later...

125,000 per wah.......that's cheap compared to BKK.

I don;t get it it's cheap compared to BKK, BKK is cheap compared to HK what;s the point I live 3 miles from there and a rai is 300,000 baht who cares ink beforeeverything is overpriced, think

Yup it suck's, I live around there, it's so bad that during rush hour you need to take the scooter, otherwise the wait can be up to 1 hour, which I guess is still better than Bkk, but .....

Turn right at Infinity and come out by the 7-11 on Huay Kaew

125,000 per wah.......that's cheap compared to BKK.

I don;t get it it's cheap compared to BKK, BKK is cheap compared to HK what;s the point I live 3 miles from there and a rai is 300,000 baht who cares ink beforeeverything is overpriced, think

where are you finding a rai for 300,000 baht in cnx?

Maya was planned for a 6 level building. With a couple for underground parking.

PLEASE do NOT put MBK there. traffic is bad enough that you don't need another mall.

Hope it'll be something nice with plenty of parking.

Heck spend some money and build a parking structure, charge 50bth per day/ per car, you'll be making a lot of money.

Turn right at Infinity and come out by the 7-11 on Huay Kaew

got me scratching my head on that one,

Hope it'll be something nice with plenty of parking.

Heck spend some money and build a parking structure, charge 50bth per day/ per car, you'll be making a lot of money.

Okay.. to park a car I need about 4 meters x 2.5 meters.

Of course you need space to drive in and out too, so you need to figure in a 5 meter lane in between rows of parked cars.

So I can fit two cars in 2.5 x 4 x 5 meters, or 50 square meters.

And this will yield me 2 x 50 is 100 baht per day, 3000 baht a month.

Now, 50 square meters is also a mighty fine one bedroom condominium. This would yield me a LOT more than 3000 baht a month.

So.. making a lot of money? Not in this town. And not at 50 baht / day.