Same-Sex Union Bill No Cause For Celebration

Lite Beer

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is stupid, homosexuals should hav the sames right as heterosexuals do, they should be able to get married, adopt etc the same that hetero.

You know that, we know that, but Thailand doesn't yet have the balls to do it, so again they take their PC attitude to avoid confruntation.

• Like 2

It's hard to see any way forward for this section of the community, whilst you have a dysfunctional style of government , they proudly call Democracy, any calls for reforms that excludes money isn't bound to go far, it's rather disappointing to say the least that I and many others have a very low opinion of the Government , but at the end of the day they bring it on themselves, this being said , a conscious vote from both houses ,if passed , the same entitlements apply as the rest of the community,no strings attached, easy, now go n do it.coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Religion has never been one of my priorities so can anyone tell where Buddhism stands on homosexuality ?

I don't think Buddha ever got into it specifically but am sure since then some have put there own spin on it.

It's hard to see any way forward for this section of the community, whilst you have a dysfunctional style of government , they proudly call Democracy, any calls for reforms that excludes money isn't bound to go far, it's rather disappointing to say the least that I and many others have a very low opinion of the Government , but at the end of the day they bring it on themselves, this being said , a conscious vote from both houses ,if passed , the same entitlements apply as the rest of the community,no strings attached, easy, now go n do it.coffee1.gif

More "functional" governments than this one, struggle hard as well...

This is stupid, homosexuals should hav the sames right as heterosexuals do, they should be able to get married, adopt etc the same that hetero.

Homosexuals do have the same rights as other people. They're free to marry a person of the opposite sex any time they like, just like the rest of us. This current fad for same sex "marriage" undermines and trivialises the importance of real marriage. Before long they'll be demanding the right to marry their dog, their mother, their iPad or God knows what else. Where does it stop?

No they dont, they can't legally marry or adopt like heterosexual couples do, and the rest of ur post is incredibly stupid, guess u r a christian, right?

• Like 1

Homosexuals do have the same rights as other people. They're free to marry a person of the opposite sex any time they like, just like the rest of us. This current fad for same sex "marriage" undermines and trivialises the importance of real marriage. Before long they'll be demanding the right to marry their dog, their mother, their iPad or God knows what else. Where does it stop?

I was waiting for a bigotted post and lone behold !

It's a bad as disabled people wanting wheelchair ramps, whatever next, they can crawl upstairs so they already have the same rights, soon the disabled will also be expecting to be treated equally (sarcasm)

• Like 2

I keep wondering why people are so selfish. You wanna marry or sleep with same sex partner but adopt kids fathered by other people why not make your own kids.

Nothing to stop them having their own children but when there are many children awaiting adoption why shouldn't Gays be able to adopt ?

I think people fear the children will catch the 'disease' and turn out homosexual a view which of course just shows how ignorant some are about sexuality.

• Like 1

I keep wondering why people are so selfish. You wanna marry or sleep with same sex partner but adopt kids fathered by other people why not make your own kids.

you'll be happy to know then, from the OP:

The exclusion of rights in regards to children - even biological ones from a previous marriage - deprives LGBTIs of opportunities to found a family

Lesbians have no problem making their own kids (with a little liquid help from their friends or a sperm bank). Some gay men and even more lesbians have children from previous relationships. Also, yes, adoption is an option for straight people, so why not gay people? Probably the majority of gay male couples don't want kids anyway and the homophobes use that argument too, that marriage is for reproduction, so if so, why not ALSO ban infertile and non-reproducing by choice straight people from legal marriage? In any case Thailand isn't even close to considering actual gay MARRIAGE, so we're jumping the gun here.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

a "homosexuality test" was repeatedly mentioned as precondition for relationship registration under this law.

I imagine some asking the applicant.. "are you now, or have you ever been a practicing homosexual"

sound familiar to anyone ??

This very question used to be par t of the booking in procedure in British prisons but I'm a couple of decades out of date so I not sure now. Before anyone asks Yes I've been in prison a few times and No not as a guest of the Queen.

a "homosexuality test" was repeatedly mentioned as precondition for relationship registration under this law.

I imagine some asking the applicant.. "are you now, or have you ever been a practicing homosexual"

This very question used to be par t of the booking in procedure in British prisons but I'm a couple of decades out of date so I not sure now. Before anyone asks Yes I've been in prison a few times and No not as a guest of the Queen.

That serves a different purpose in prison than what we are talking about here.

• Like 1

That serves a different purpose in prison than what we are talking about here.

and it serves to stop people being badly assaulted and I mean in the old fashioned way but the question is still the same

If same sex people wish to party or spend a life time together - so be it. Who really cares?

no one, "legalise same-sex relationships" is therefor nonsense. It wasn't illegal like in Saudi Arabia.

But the point is, if it is good if two gays can adopt young boys. Which might be complete OK in 99 %, but what is with the 1 % where real bad things happen??

Bearing in mind that the main aim of any species is further the existence of that species surely the legalising of any same sex union, which is unable to procreate, is actually a retrograde step and indeed a move toward extinction.

If same sex people wish to party or spend a life time together - so be it. Who really cares?

no one, "legalise same-sex relationships" is therefor nonsense. It wasn't illegal like in Saudi Arabia.

But the point is, if it is good if two gays can adopt young boys. Which might be complete OK in 99 %, but what is with the 1 % where real bad things happen??

You're confusing issues here. The bill isn't about decriminalizing homosexuality or homosexual acts. It's about legal recognition of RELATIONSHIPS.

By your red herring pedo scare argument, NOBODY should be allowed children, as the majority of pedo crimes in the world happen in heterosexual families.

• Like 2

Bearing in mind that the main aim of any species is further the existence of that species surely the legalising of any same sex union, which is unable to procreate, is actually a retrograde step and indeed a move toward extinction.

No it is not. Because it only means something to a small percentage of the population. The massive breeding continues unabated. No threat in stopping that.

• Like 1