Bangkok Cop Caught On Video Being Chased Is Identified

webfact

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

555??? what does that mean?
The Thai word for the number 5 is fairly close to the sound ha.

So 555 is hahaha, ie laughing... :-)

ok so it is thai language for lol. I was a little confused. thanks. I guess Cardiff is Thai.

ok so it is thai language for lol. I was a little confused. thanks. I guess Cardiff is Thai.

No, but he is trying 555rd

• Like 2

Why would he be Thai, I have seen 555 used as Ha ha ha from texters from all around the world. I guess it spread, Thailand was just the HUB of it :)

"Just where does the BIB find these people and I wonder what the vetting process,"

If they can pay, they get promoted.

If Thai police-general/media talks about a "promotion" exam in Songkhla, you should read a "survival trip" or unofficial a severe punishment.

Songkhla is not really a place to be for policemen or soldiers.

Edited by Thorgal

The BIB are starting their own social media site called...SaveFace-Book.

You get to post excuses from your pack of lies to dispute real Facebook posts.

how many hard drives does it take to hold all the excuses?

• Like 1

I watched this story on channel 3 news last news.

Apparently, the cop made the woman complete a urine test and she proved positive for drugs.

The cop then gave her 3 choices. Accompany him to the police station, pay money (don`t know how much?) or go with him to a hotel room for sex.

The women opted to go with the cop for sex and this is when somehow she managed to phone her family for assistance.

This is most of what I know. But the cop has been suspended and further inquires for now taking place.

My girlfriend just watched this on the Thai TV news. She said the story there was that he slipped some yaba pills into one of her pockets, " discovered them", and said if she had sex with him he would not arrest her. I have heard about this kind of story before, with the police " inserting" evidence, but thought that was a urban myth. Not any more.....

No wonder the brother was so pissed off he chased down the policeman. Guess the Thai people are having a laugh here too, saying the policeman was running away like a dog. :-)

Edited by EyesWideOpen

First time I have ever seen civilians chase and try to apprehend a policeman, a sort of cops and criminals in reverse.

Mind you, in the movies, the hero cop always got the girl at the end, unless they were Canadians, who`s motto was; we always get our man.

I think this cop should be sentenced to watching 20 episodes of, T.J. Hooker and let him learn how real policing should be done.

post-110219-0-25205300-1367263916_thumb.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Just a thought, if the three cops in the clip were on examination leave what were they doing out and about in uniform ?

They've taken leave since the incident that's how.

I think you'll find the Sgt Major was already on leave

Think the on leave part of the story was cooked up after the incident, Thats all they could think of and maybe all thats required.

Actually the leave / Songkla / promotion exam* is quite some puzzle.

(*Note: Some sources say 'sitting for a promotion exam', other sources say 'studying for a promotion exam')

- Do police have to take personal leave for promotion study / promotion exams?

- Do you believe that all police officers from Bangkok have to go to Songkla for promotion study / promotion exams?

- Given the police entrance test scams revealed a few months back (very large amounts of money / electronic devices in your pocket to give you the answers):

- I wonder how many police actually take promotion exams?

- Or how much it costs for someone to sit in and take the exam on their behalf?

- Or how much it costs to simply not attend and buy a good exam result?

Another point, if he was on leave to go to Songkla for exams, how come his boss didn't know he was still in the Din Daeng area and working?

Another point, photos / videos of rogue cops and government officials (Thailand and everywhere) is fast becoming quite some trend, I hope it continues and even more photos / videos appear on social media sites or are sent to newspapers.

Perhaps someone (e.g. facebook, twitter and more) could offer / conduct online classes for everyone so they know how to quickly snap photos with their phone cam / quickly start the video function on their phone cam. Another plus, all new phone cams nowadays take very good quality photos / vids.

Edited by scorecard

This is a hysterically funny article, and a pretty lame response, which is completely untrue. Officers or the law, and corrupt officials are NEVER punished in Thailand. It is a country where the term absolute immunity seems to apply the most. No officials or police are EVER punished. They are all above the law. The law does not apply to them. No one cares. No one has the balls to do anything about it. No change ever takes place. No progress takes place, and perhaps the very concept of progress is impossible, without the will, conviction, or even the awareness that something is wrong. At this moment in time, Thailand is a terribly dysfunctional society when it comes to the implementation of law and order, with regards to corrupt or criminal elements within the police, or the government.

• Like 1

The mere fact that the policeman was running away from a presumably unarmed civilian strongly suggests that he was guilty of something - most likely extortion, according to the stories.

The other cops came to the aid of the rogue cop because they fully expect to be assisted by their fellow policeman when THEY break the law tomorrow.

This incident will be swept under the carpet because there are a lot of people profiting from the status quo. People with guns.

• Like 1

Wait for it......wait......yes the classic Thai bad cop story fade away.

I really think the lack of responsibility in this story is the funniest part aside from the reverse keystone cop chase scene. Instead of his commander, Deputy Bangkok police chief Pol Maj-General Manit Wongsomboon, accepting blame for a rogue cop under his command and on duty, a weird story is woven about how the cop is really not on duty, but rather on leave for an exam....

Wait does that mean the next time I see a police checkpoint I should not stop as it could could be manned by rogue cops that are really not on duty ??? :-)

So I guess this means nothing will change. A tap on the wrist for the stupidity of being caught and making the police look bad, perhaps a short stretch of the mind boggling cruelty of the famous inactive post, and then back to the standard business of collecting money from poor Thai people...If this girl had been the daughter of a hiso, I can assure you the incident would not have taken place.... :-) And kudos to the brother for standing up for his sister. Since most Thai people are terrified of the police/mafia, it would take some real balls to chase one down....

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 1

This is a hysterically funny article, and a pretty lame response, which is completely untrue. Officers or the law, and corrupt officials are NEVER punished in Thailand. It is a country where the term absolute immunity seems to apply the most. No officials or police are EVER punished. They are all above the law. The law does not apply to them. No one cares. No one has the balls to do anything about it. No change ever takes place. No progress takes place, and perhaps the very concept of progress is impossible, without the will, conviction, or even the awareness that something is wrong. At this moment in time, Thailand is a terribly dysfunctional society when it comes to the implementation of law and order, with regards to corrupt or criminal elements within the police, or the government.

A total load of old rollocks.

There are today still too many bad apples in the basket, but if caught and proven guilty, they will face the full force of justice the same as anyone else, sometimes more so due to they`re abuse of power and position.

Here are some examples:

http://www.plushasia.com/article/5638

http://www.humanrights.asia/news/ahrc-news/AHRC-STM-157-2012

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/569116-dishonest-bangkok-cop-sees-sentence-reduced-from-1765-years-to-50/

http://www.handsoffcain.info/archivio_news/201207.php?iddocumento=16308762&mover=0

http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2013/01/killer-cop-gets-remission-for-river.html

http://wwrn.org/articles/7208/?&place=thai-myanmar&section=buddhism

http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/thai-cop-gets-six-years-in-sex-for-freedom-case-88910

It is a fact that many police individuals are incompetent and take a happy go lucky approach to the job, rather than conducting themselves as professional law enforcers. Some see it as simply a job for the lads other than being dedicated enforcers of the law playing their roles strictly by the book.

But we have to take into consideration that the Royal Thai police force do not have anywhere near the resources as do they`re Western counterparts and in most cases crime prevention and investigations are left solely up to the judgements and initiatives of individual departments and police officers. Or in other words, the Thai police departments are Micky mouse compared with some other worldwide police and law enforcement agencies.

All this has to be clearly understood and does not mean that those within Thai law enforcements are above the law, even if some police believe they are exempt from prosecution. The majority are hard working and dedicated to the job, placing their lives on the line 365 days a year for a pittance compared to an American and British police officer of similar ranks.

I believe that the said policeman`s colleges hurried him away from the scene to prevent an inevitable lynching and even if some believe the cop deserved to be harmed or beaten to death, the other police officers on the scene done the right thing.

• Like 1

Final thought. I suspect the Thai police really hate Facebook. Fifteen years ago they did what ever they wanted, and if caught by a single person just deny everything. Now with video up on Facebook, and their antics watched and discussed by millions of Thais, that no longer works. Social media is here to stay as the new sheriff in town, perhaps time for the police to clean up their act.

Facebook? <deleted>?

'We don't need want no stinkin' Facebook. We're the RTP' cheesy.gif

edit: How dare you compare this "policeman" to a dog? Dogs have a lot more integrity...

Edited by cloghead