Impacted Wisdom Tooth Extraction (Costs And Experiences).

TheGhostWithin

Hi all,

I am going to come to Thailand and combine my medical leave with some annual leave at the end, to hopefully get in a bit of a holiday after I have recovered.

I need to get my two upper wisdom teeth surgically extracted - both are impacted. I would like to be put to sleep during the procedure, but will not need accommodation post-op.

Has anyone dealt with any of the hospitals here and have any experiences they can share price or experience wise? I have had a few quotes but they seem a lot lower than I would expect even in Thailand, I wonder if they inflate the prices once they get you through the door so thought I would ask here..

Thanks all.

I took my 18 year old to the Dental Hospital in Bangkok. He had all 4 pulled at once. It took him about a week to recover. The price was reasonable. They did it under sedation, but I am not sure how deep. I would recommend that you have someone with you the first couple of days as they were pretty rough for him and he did need someone to look after him.

Pandita (Ms.), Patient Relations

Dental Hospital
88/88 Sukhumvit 49
Sukhumvit Road, Wattana
Bangkok 10110 Thailand

Tel. +66 2 260 5000/-15
Patient relations: +66 2 260 5029/-30
E-mail :
[email protected]
Web Site : www.dentalhospitalbangkok.com

in sriracha (chon buri) you can get a hotel style room (lounge full size fridge tv intercom separate shower and toilet tea making etc) with ocean views for 1300 baht a night . I do not know the cost of the operation , but if it is the same as other hospitals it will be cheap.

good luck

• Like 1

I took my 18 year old to the Dental Hospital in Bangkok. He had all 4 pulled at once. It took him about a week to recover. The price was reasonable. They did it under sedation, but I am not sure how deep. I would recommend that you have someone with you the first couple of days as they were pretty rough for him and he did need someone to look after him.

Dental Hospital

88/88 Sukhumvit 49

Sukhumvit Road, Wattana

Bangkok 10110 Thailand

Tel. +66 2 260 5000/-15

E-mail : [email protected]

Hi there Pacificperson, are you able to tell me what your 18 year old paid? Were these impacted? The price is usually higher for impacted wisdom teeth to be removed due to the complication of the procedure. It is also considerably more painful and requires a longer recovery time.

I can speak Thai, so that is not an issue. I have friends who will be able to look after me as well, my girlfriend will not be with me though as we have both agreed she should remain in NZ and ensure the bills are paid (no, she won't be paying them all by herself!:) ), enjoying the place to herself. I do worry a little about recovering alone, but I know a lot of people and have a lot of good friends that could stick around and keep me company so not such a worry.

Edited by TheGhostWithin

The uppers were impacted fairly badly. I don't remember exactly, but I think it was less than $800 all-in with cleaning and other work. It was all done in one morning. It was much less than having them done here.

I looked up the original e-mail:

Initial oral examination 200 Baht
Panoramic x-ray 800 Baht
Teeth cleaning or root planing per visit 1,500-1,800 Baht

Surgical removal of tooth or root 3,000 Baht
Surgical removal of impacted tooth 4,500-5,500 Baht

They stick to their quoted prices. They did give me a range as they had not seen him until the day of the surgery. They are quite good about e-mail and we made all arrangements prior to coming to Thailand.

You most likely will not be getting out of bed for 1 to 2 days afterwards.

Edited by Pacificperson
  • Like 1

it would be depending on your impacted wisdom tooth. if its just visual check and you have yet to check the xrays, the fees are bound to differ, if not you should be fine. if its partial eruption or vertical, cool. bad if you its angular or similarly to me horizontal. what are the fees you got qouted?

the really good thing is that it happened to your top wisdom tooth not the bottom ones. i have a angular and horizontal on my bottom and partial ones on my top. it took my more than 3 months till the holes closed properly, bits and pieces of your meals are getting struck in it. the first month is just plain horrible, i had to use a syringe to spray out struck food in my gums. the only period of my life that i actually remain slim

Dental Hospital

88/88 Sukhumvit 49

Sukhumvit Road, Wattana

Bangkok 10110 Thailand

Tel. +66 2 260 5000/-15

E-mail : [email protected]

Hi can you tell me what type of sedation?

Was it I.V Intravenous or oral pill etc

Hi Rookball,

I have been quoted the following:

B1,500 (each tooth) - Samithevet Hospital

B3,000 - 15,000 (each) Bumnganrad Hospital

Neither include the consultation fee, or any post operative medicines.

The reason I raised this thread was the huge difference in pricing on these two quotes. I know Bumnganrad has a reputation for being in the high end of the pricing scale in Thailand, so wanted to know where I could get the same service as everwhere else, maybe a little cheaper if booking in advance than if I walked in off the street. I have time to plan, my workplace is allowing me to take the trip on medical leave with some annual leave afterwards to recover.