Pheu Thai M Ps Resolve To Deny Constitutional Court's Power

webfact

I'll take a coup over this bunch of lawless 'members of parliament' anytime. What a bunch of douchebags.

Especially if it was done in a Gentlemanly fashion,with out bloodshed,as was the last one.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The party said

"The Pheu Thai spokesman said that if the Constitutional Court continues
with the case, the party's MPs would begin their move to impeach the
court's judges"

I wonder if Yingluck thought about presenting the facts on that in U B as proof that Thailand is a democracy?wai.gif

does anyone on this forum believe there really will be a coup,,,,,,

Well I don't know, but we can live in hope wink.png

It is a sad state of affairs when the only hope for the well being of a country is a coup.

I have no idea but I was wondering if they were to call for a legal election now if all the little parties would join the Democrats and if there would be PTP member's changing their alliance.

I am quite sure a lot of them would love to get out from under Thaksins thumb.

Has any one got an opinion on that idea?

It is a sad state of affairs when the only hope for the well being of a country is a coup.

I have no idea but I was wondering if they were to call for a legal election now if all the little parties would join the Democrats and if there would be PTP member's changing their alliance.

It is a sad state of affairs, but lets face it, the last coup was bloodless and the government were caretakers. We had non of this complete and utter corrupt 'lets make Thailand Bankrupt" crap that we have now. I personally wish for another coup as it did not affect the general populace one iota during the last one. This Government are leading to the certain ruination of this country...simple fact! I do wonder why the minority parties that formed a coalition with PTP are still sticking by them because what is happening it is all so obviously wrong in every sense, it is all unbelievable. If only the Thai's truly knew what the term patriot meant, and if only we had one true Thai Patriot in Government, this country could have hope!

Edited by GentlemanJim

"He said that in denying the court's authority, none of the Pheu Thai MPs - including House Speaker Somsak Kiartsuranond - would present their explanation to the court, in response to the petition against them."

Goodbye rule of law, hello mob rule.

Yes and this is a slippery slope as if they succeed what else will they close down that they don't like ? Everything is fair game the way they think and act.

"He said that in denying the court's authority, none of the Pheu Thai MPs - including House Speaker Somsak Kiartsuranond - would present their explanation to the court, in response to the petition against them."

Goodbye rule of law, hello mob rule.

Yes and this is a slippery slope as if they succeed what else will they close down that they don't like ? Everything is fair game the way they think and act.

Thaksin has made no secret of his ties to the party, which has used the slogan "Thaksin thinks, Puea Thai acts" to re-energize the billionaire's ...

It is a sad state of affairs, but lets face it, the last coup was bloodless and the government were caretakers. We had non of this complete and utter corrupt 'lets make Thailand Bankrupt" crap that we have now. I personally wish for another coup as it did not affect the general populace one iota during the last one. This Government are leading to the certain ruination of this country...simple fact! I do wonder why the minority parties that formed a coalition with PTP are still sticking by them because what is happening it is all so obviously wrong in every sense, it is all unbelievable. If only the Thai's truly knew what the term patriot meant, and if only we had one true Thai Patriot in Government, this country could have hope!

Your forgetting one thing gentlemen, all the members of Thaksin's coalition government, both elected and party list, are making a fortune. Plus the leaders of the redshirts get money and position. Thida gets her own redshirt society. They are all bought and paid for, no thinking allowed.

Thaksin has made no secret of his ties to the party, which has used the slogan "Thaksin thinks, Puea Thai acts" to re-energize the billionaire's ...

As I have written on another topic there is no way that a coup now could possibly be bloodless like the last one.

Thaksin now has his armed faction which will be ready to cause as much havoc as possible and they wouldn't be fighting against the army but looking for soft targets.

No a coup would be even more destructive than what PT is doing now which for sure will wreck this country but a coup would bring on that destruction even quicker.

I suspect Thaksin would be quite happy to see a coup as he needs the destruction in order to be able to come back as the countries savior.

What good other than extremely short term is a coup going to do? All it will do is give more ammunition to those that say the army/dems/elites etc etc

Lets face it the army cannot run the country other than in the very short term, and when they go for an election the PTP will win again, probably with an even larger majority. I think we have to remember as guests in the country, at the current time, rightly or wrongly, the PTP were voted in to govern the country, and they should be allowed to do it and dig their own grave etc. Having another coup is just going to continue the endless going around in circles.

Its not as if the army are any better than the political parties anyway, in fact in terms of endemic corruption, they are probably worse.

You think? I can think of a number of things that could be achieved - cancel Thaksin's passport, pressure Dubai to arrest him on the existing terrorism charges, throw his black butt in jail, have a look at at the Jap flood proposal (B200 billion saved), cancel rice-pledging (B400 billion annually saved, less what it takes to sort the mess), cancel the B2 trillion loan scam, cancel MP's immunity from criminal prosecution, some needed check and balance re-inforcement and constitution change rules, a few laws regarding MPs receiving payments and taking orders from criminals.............the list goes on and on.

I agree with all the proposals you've come up with here, except for one thing: that the army is capable or even willing to be that politically competent.

Smutcakes is right... although it shouldn't matter if we're guests or not, legitimate governments should be allowed to complete their terms in office.

I do agree with your other post that a bloodless coup is not on the cards if a coup happens. I also agree that civil war is a scenario that Thaksin would relish.

It's only the nutters on Thaivisa that want another military coup.

The consequences would be devastating for the country.

• Like 1

What good other than extremely short term is a coup going to do? All it will do is give more ammunition to those that say the army/dems/elites etc etc

Lets face it the army cannot run the country other than in the very short term, and when they go for an election the PTP will win again, probably with an even larger majority. I think we have to remember as guests in the country, at the current time, rightly or wrongly, the PTP were voted in to govern the country, and they should be allowed to do it and dig their own grave etc. Having another coup is just going to continue the endless going around in circles.

Its not as if the army are any better than the political parties anyway, in fact in terms of endemic corruption, they are probably worse.

You think? I can think of a number of things that could be achieved - cancel Thaksin's passport, pressure Dubai to arrest him on the existing terrorism charges, throw his black butt in jail, have a look at at the Jap flood proposal (B200 billion saved), cancel rice-pledging (B400 billion annually saved, less what it takes to sort the mess), cancel the B2 trillion loan scam, cancel MP's immunity from criminal prosecution, some needed check and balance re-inforcement and constitution change rules, a few laws regarding MPs receiving payments and taking orders from criminals.............the list goes on and on.

I agree with your points, but there is no way the army would do that, they are both too inept and would more than likely just step into the money making parts of those schemes rather than cancelling them. The army have taken control of the country many times over the years, and never have them moved it in the right direction to go forward, i don't see why this time would be any different. You just have to look at the recent response to the G200 fiasco from the army chief to realize they are all cut from the same cloth.

I agree with your points, but there is no way the army would do that, they are both too inept and would more than likely just step into the money making parts of those schemes rather than cancelling them. The army have taken control of the country many times over the years, and never have them moved it in the right direction to go forward, i don't see why this time would be any different. You just have to look at the recent response to the G200 fiasco from the army chief to realize they are all cut from the same cloth.

After a coup in Thailand, recent history has seen an administration of respected people appointed to carry out government until changes can be made and elections held. There is no reason why such an administration, not beholden to a criminal fugitive, could not carry out those measures, whereas the current collection of family, succubi and criminals could not.

The army must have moved in the right direction, otherwise Thailand wouldn't be where it is now. It's far from perfect but also far from where it was during the military dictatorships a few decades ago.

After a coup in Thailand, recent history has seen an administration of respected people appointed to carry out government until changes can be made and elections held. There is no reason why such an administration, not beholden to a criminal fugitive, could not carry out those measures, whereas the current collection of family, succubi and criminals could not.

Yes, but a coup-appointed government like Surayudh's one last time has one mandate - repair the country ready for civilian governance. It would be outside their mandate to effect any of the changes you mention except the review on checks & balances, and their documentation into the Constitution after a referendum.

Surayudh "The Incorruptible" may have been a respected man and, in my opinion, a most honourable one - but he was no politician, he was an army officer, and he was an expert in neither legislation nor policy.

Yinglak's lack of qualifications does oppose my point, although she has many qualified people behind her. I won't comment on how respected or honourable they are though, other than note that their seat at the Peua Thai table reflects this in itself.

Which respected people? the person who led the last coup is now part of the Government you are rallying against. There is no reason why an administration could not carry out the measures, but they never have done, and probably never will, this time or anytime in the future. All it will create is more animosity, like it or not the people of Thailand voted PTP into power, let them govern, and what will be will be. Having a coup will just start the cycle again, unless you are advocating being under military rule for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

p>It would seem that it's only the nutters here who have no problem with MPs from the party which leads the government, declaring to deny the authority of the Constitutional Court.

Thaksin gets either desperate or very impatient it would seem.

p>It would seem that it's only the nutters here who have no problem with MPs from the party which leads the government, declaring to deny the authority of the Constitutional Court.

Thaksin gets either desperate or very impatient it would seem.

I will quote this post for future reference. If i could be bothered, and i am sure you will, you could look back at your previous posts about the last time they made a judgement, the before and after would be particularly interesting reading.

• Like 1

Phil

There are things that you have admitted to doing in the real world for which people could be forgiven for calling you a nutter! Nuff said! I hardly see a differing political opinion as being the justification for calling people 'nutters'. The consequences of the current Government are already devastating for this country, or have you not been taking any notice. I guess using your basic criteria for labeling a group of people insane, it could be far more easily applied if one said that "it's only the nutters on TV that would support the current Governments policies of corruption and ineptitude which ARE devastating the country and leading it to it's ruination". The consequences of re-election for PTP and the return of Thaksin WILL be devastating for this country.

• Like 1

Phil

There are things that you have admitted to doing in the real world for which people could be forgiven for calling you a nutter! Nuff said! I hardly see a differing political opinion as being the justification for calling people 'nutters'. The consequences of the current Government are already devastating for this country, or have you not been taking any notice. I guess using your basic criteria for labeling a group of people insane, it could be far more easily applied if one said that "it's only the nutters on TV that would support the current Governments policies of corruption and ineptitude which ARE devastating the country and leading it to it's ruination". The consequences of re-election for PTP and the return of Thaksin WILL be devastating for this country.

Please tell me what these are?

Edited by metisdead
30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

The devastating consequences of the current government ruining the country are not part of the topic. We have other topics to discuss 300B/day, nice rice prices and 2.2 trillion Baht budgets.

The topic is the MPs of the Pheu Thai party, a party which is leading the coalition government, those MPs deny the power of the Constitutional Court and issue a statement about it. Now remind me, did PM Yingluck talk about democracy, laws, etc. while in Mongolia?

The devastating consequences of the current government ruining the country are not part of the topic. We have other topics to discuss 300B/day, nice rice prices and 2.2 trillion Baht budgets.

The topic is the MPs of the Pheu Thai party, a party which is leading the coalition government, those MPs deny the power of the Constitutional Court and issue a statement about it. Now remind me, did PM Yingluck talk about democracy, laws, etc. while in Mongolia?

No they deny the authority of the CC to intervene. I see you have missed my previous question on a previous thread surprisingly.

Where was the CC on the previous amendments to the CC by previous parties? (let me guess this is off topic)

Where was the Constitutional Court? Well, just where they've been for years

The Government Complex Commemorating His Majesty the King's 80th Birthday Anniversary, 5th December, BE 2550 (2007), Building A, No. 120, Mu 3, Thanon Chaeng Watthana, Khwaeng Thung Song Hong, Khet Lak Si, Bangkok

BTW indeed off topic, but since you ask, did anyone petition the Constitutional Court on any previous amendments? If yes, please list those amendments which led to changes in the constitution.

EDIT: add part in italics

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

Where was the Constitutional Court? Well, just where they've been for years

The Government Complex Commemorating His Majesty the King's 80th Birthday Anniversary, 5th December, BE 2550 (2007), Building A, No. 120, Mu 3, Thanon Chaeng Watthana, Khwaeng Thung Song Hong, Khet Lak Si, Bangkok

BTW indeed off topic, but since you ask, did anyone petition on any previous amendments? If yes, please list those amendments which led to changes in the constitution.

I will take your non reply as tactile admittance of being stumped. The defense rests:)

Smutcakes

I assume you mean the policies of corruption and ineptitude? If so I am sure you don't need me to state them all again. If it's anything else I am sure the info is out there! wink.png

Yes i do, with proof, not hearsay.

Smutcakes

I assume you mean the policies of corruption and ineptitude? If so I am sure you don't need me to state them all again. If it's anything else I am sure the info is out there! wink.png

Yes i do, with proof, not hearsay.

Ineptitude is subjective. Do you think the current Government is inept? There are plenty of examples quoted in the media of Government graft, some even having court cases.

Pheu Thai MPs resolve to deny Constitutional Court's power

The NationBANGKOK: -- MPs from the ruling Pheu Thai Party resolved yesterday to deny the authority of the Constitutional Court in hearing a new case against parliamentarians supporting constitutional amendment, party spokesman Prompong Nopparit said.

They also agreed to send a 12-page open letter to all independent agencies, except the court, later this week to explain why they believe that the court has no power to hear the new case, according to the spokesman. The MPs are convinced that the legislators are entitled by the Constitution to make changes to the charter.

A group of lawmakers recently proposed amendment to Article 68 that would prevent public members from petitioning directly with the Constitutional Court. A group of complainants later filed a petition with the court, accusing the lawmakers of attempting to overthrow the country's democratic regime through constitutional changes. The court accepted the petition for trial, which led to strong opposition by Pheu Thai MPs and their red-shirt supporters and their legal confrontation with the court.

The Pheu Thai spokesman said that if the Constitutional Court continues with the case, the party's MPs would begin their move to impeach the court's judges. He said that more than 100 MPs have signed a petition for impeachment.

He said that in denying the court's authority, none of the Pheu Thai MPs - including House Speaker Somsak Kiartsuranond - would present their explanation to the court, in response to the petition against them.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-04-30

100 PTP MEMBERS EXIST TO UPHOLD CRIME AND CRIMINALS

Sent from my GT-S7500L using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app