Thailand's P M Yingluck Denies Trying To Whitewash Brother Thaksin In Mongolia

webfact

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a feeble defense. If a doctor screws up an operation on a loved one, what would you think if the doctor said to you, "well, do you think you could have done any better?!'

You aren't the one who has studied 7 years at medical school. You aren't the one working at the hospital. Not about whether you could do any better. It's not your job.

And as far as i know, nobody here applied for the job of running a country. Yingluck did. It's her job, amongst other things, to speak to the international community, and if she does a poor job at that, "could you do any better?" is not a defense.

I'll have to pick you up on one point here. She didn't apply for the job of PM. She did what she was told.

the speech was full of blunders and that it was pathetic for Yingluck to seek sympathy from the international community over suffering that "stemmed from [alleged] corruption by her brother

pathetic, indeed

That's better than any of you could do in Thai I would suspect. How long have you all lived in Thailand I wonder? Probably way longer than Yingluck has ever lived in an English speaking country. That's what I would term as pathetic.

Pathetic are your erroneous presumptions.

Come on, chaps ..... play the white man here.

Blame the organ grinder not the monkey.

Crikey, Ok, the organ grinder is is bit of a greedy chav, and the monkey..... is a monkey. can't blame them for that.... and you have that dreadful fellow always lurking in the background, and when he isn't lurking, he looks like he's bouncing off walls and always complaining about some sort of problem with his ears.

Boot camp, some sort of national service would sort these unruly chaps out, but don't give them a gun. oh no, that would be asking for trouble, they'd wave them around and maybe shoot someone.... by accident of course..... riots would happen, and then where would we be..... back to the middle ages, that's where.

Baaahhhh.

(replies to this post should only be made by those who have a grasp of the three words 'tongue' 'in' and 'cheek'...... if you don't have an understanding of them..... please flame away)

• Like 2

Come on, chaps ..... play the white man here.

Blame the organ grinder not the monkey.

Crikey, Ok, the organ grinder is is bit of a greedy chav, and the monkey..... is a monkey. can't blame them for that.... and you have that dreadful fellow always lurking in the background, and when he isn't lurking, he looks like he's bouncing off walls and always complaining about some sort of problem with his ears.

Boot camp, some sort of national service would sort these unruly chaps out, but don't give them a gun. oh no, that would be asking for trouble, they'd wave them around and maybe shoot someone.... by accident of course..... riots would happen, and then where would we be..... back to the middle ages, that's where.

Baaahhhh.

(replies to this post should only be made by those who have a grasp of the three words 'tongue' 'in' and 'cheek'...... if you don't have an understanding of them..... please flame away)

Many years ago, it was common to have a person similar to Chalerm as a member of the royal court who was referred to as a slobberdegullion. A specific term, not to be confused with jester (although amusement was part of the job description) which has fallen out of general usage, more's the pity.

Just a reminder that posts using derogatory nicknames or intentional misspelling of people’s names will be deleted. If you don’t want your post to be deleted, spell people’s names correctly.

A nonsense of hyperbolic proportions has been removed.

the speech was full of blunders and that it was pathetic for Yingluck to seek sympathy from the international community over suffering that "stemmed from [alleged] corruption by her brother

pathetic, indeed

That's better than any of you could do in Thai I would suspect. How long have you all lived in Thailand I wonder? Probably way longer than Yingluck has ever lived in an English speaking country. That's what I would term as pathetic.

Fair point - but then again she has a Masters from a University in the US. So she would normally have to have a good command of English to pass exams, write assignments, thesis and complete a thesis defense in a US university. What happend?

• Like 1

pathetic, indeed

she has a Masters from a University in the US. So she would normally have to have a good command of English to pass exams, write assignments, thesis and complete a thesis defense in a US university. What happened?

What happened was the same sort of academic corruption occurred that resulted in the earlier issuance of a PhD from a university in the U.S.A. to her brother.

Edited by brd199

So when do you think Thaksin makes the move back to Thailand? We should set up a TV pool on this....

Can I pull the Never option? I love certainties.

He ain't ever coming back, and for all the weird and wonderful conspiracy theories knocking around on these forums.............who among you thought that nigh on two years since Yingluck was elected he would still be out of the country.

He's not back here because the people that truly run this country have barred him.

I would imagine the passing of one important person would be the nod for Thaksin to return.