Thaksin Expresses Wish To Return To Thailand Without Seeking Any Position

webfact

Why doesnt Thaksin simply come back and face Thai Justice... After all, it is his country....

Then serve his jail term as per Thai rule or fight the system as per Thai Law....

However, the problem he may encounter, is that Thai law, customs and rules are not exactly devoid of injustice or set for the 21st century in its idealism....

Ask any farang that lives here... :)

• Like 1

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" let Prime Minister Yingluck [shinawatra] continue to run the country."

No xxxx !

By the way, how can she run the country if she's never here?

'unnamed' 'sources' 'who dont want to be identified' have 'discreetly informed' the 'Nation's' "journalists" who have 'verified' the 'gossip' with other 'unnamed' 'sources' and 'fabricated' a 'story' which may sell the most newspapers.

• Like 1

"I want to come home. Tell the Democrat Party not to worry. If I come back, I don't want anything, I won't ask for any positions. let Prime Minister Yingluck [shinawatra] continue to run the country."

Don't worry, I'm not gonna ask for something,................ I just gonna take it without asking.

You fornicating fallacious back street politicians have just about destroyed the opositions credibility whilst nurturing the views of foreign leaders in Asia from their sniggering to gawfaws of Laughgter. Simply put you seem to be returning Thailand to the same state of humiliation that you injendered when your political heros were tearing down Thailand's democracy and humiliating us in 2006.

• Like 1

A good start towards coming home would be to contact his secretary in charge of his travel.

Now for believability a good start would be to stop meddling in politics now. Return all the resignation letters he has pay no more money to politicians forgive all debts owed him and take up another hobby.

Now for reality Bull Sh-t

"I want to come home. Tell the Democrat Party not to worry. If I come back, I don't want anything, I won't ask for any positions. let Prime Minister Yingluck [shinawatra] continue to run the country."

Don't worry, I'm not gonna ask for something,................ I just gonna take it without asking.

You fornicating fallacious back street politicians have just about destroyed the opositions credibility whilst nurturing the views of foreign leaders in Asia from their sniggering to gawfaws of Laughgter. Simply put you seem to be returning Thailand to the same state of humiliation that you injendered when your political heros were tearing down Thailand's democracy and humiliating us in 2006.

jbrain did all that? Jeeeeezus Keeeerist! wai.gif

I thought the Army was the ones who disposed some wanna be dictator who was occupying the PM chair with no legal backing.

Why doesnt Thaksin simply come back and face Thai Justice... After all, it is his country....

Then serve his jail term as per Thai rule or fight the system as per Thai Law....

However, the problem he may encounter, is that Thai law, customs and rules are not exactly devoid of injustice or set for the 21st century in its idealism....

Ask any farang that lives here... smile.png

Because if he serves his jail term, the way to be the PM again will be closed completely.

@ sing _sing reply to Post No 141

(Too many quotes to reply direct.)

To reiterate: Thailand has not officialy declared a ban on dual Citizenship,until such times (if ever) we can assume at the moment it is of no importance,judging by facts that Abhisit and Thaksin are high profile,and both have dual Citizenship,there doesn't seem any hurry to address the issue,or indeed change the Status Quo.

I would also be interested if those foreigners on TV who have achieved Thai Citizenship were made to give up their own Countries Citizenship? or not?

To reiterate: Thailand has not officialy declared a ban on dual Citizenship,until such times (if ever) we can assume at the moment it is of no importance,judging by facts that Abhisit and Thaksin are high profile,and both have dual Citizenship,there doesn't seem any hurry to address the issue,or indeed change the Status Quo.

I would also be interested if those foreigners on TV who have achieved Thai Citizenship were made to give up their own Countries Citizenship? or not?

Did you follow my links? If so you would have seen the answer . . . Abhisit has not used his British citizenship, as far as I know - neither has his Majesty who has US citizenship due to the jus soli law.

Just because one is entitled to something doesn't mean one will use it.

I was born in Thailand but have no right nor would I take it up.

Thaksin - well, we'll see how that works out when he comes back under his Montenegrin passport, or whatever one he is using

Thailand doesn't recognise dual citizenship, but it's not "banned" as such. You are not required to renounce your former nationality.

"fornicating fallacious back street politicians" ... one can only admire rhetoric like that ! clap2.gif

But IIRC later-to-be-PM Abhisit was mildly condemnatory, after the coup took place, how can you equate that with "tearing down Thailand's democracy and humiliating us" ? blink.png

And one can hardly blame the "foreign leaders in Asia", if they are indeed sniggering or laughing-out-loud, at what goes on here these days !

The leaders of Vietnam & India, top rice-exporters who are now benefiting from the shambolic-mess created by PTP & He-Who-Thinks, must be laughing all-the-way-to-the-bank ! laugh.png

Edited by Ricardo
  • Like 2

indyuk, on 02 May 2013 - 13:14, said:

Political heros in 2006? They were coup generals. Nothing political about them.
  • Like 1

Did you follow my links? If so you would have seen the answer . . . Abhisit has not used his British citizenship, as far as I know - neither has his Majesty who has US citizenship due to the jus soli law.

Thaksin - well, we'll see how that works out when he comes back under his Montenegrin passport, or whatever one he is using

You are splitting hairs! whether some people choose to use their dual Citizenship or not, is entirely up to them.

Only one of your links claimed that Thailand does not allow dual Citizenship,and that was from an American law firm,so not exactly speaking for Thailand then!

Something a bit more official from a Thai Government Department would be required,which I have not found,and I presume you haven't either,..........so there is no point in continuing this conversation.

Edited by MAJIC

You are splitting hairs! whether some people choose to use their dual Citizenship or not, is entirely up to them.

Only one of your links claimed that Thailand does not allow dual Citizenship,and that was from an American law firm,so not exactly speaking for Thailand then!

Something a bit more official from a Thai Government Department would be required,which I have not found,and I presume you haven't either,..........so there is no point in continuing this conversation.

I'm not splitting hairs - using citizenship has consequences, as it would in this case, and you are being quite disingenuous if you simply discount valid sources and links.

This seems to be quite important to you, so have at it as you are happy just to say 'No No No' . . .

Good for you

He must be running low on cash!!!!

" However, the problem he may encounter, is that Thai law, customs and rules are not exactly devoid of injustice or set for the 21st century in its idealism...."

Well there are also many cases where the Thai justice system (a court) has given valid judgments and appropriate punishments, and IMHO / I suggest there are plenty of folks who would see the abuse of power judgment in this grouping.

"Ask any farang that lives here"

Are you suggesting that every farang living in Thailand has been the victim of an incorrect judgment by a Thai court. Somehow I strongly doubt that's true. And please don't up the courts with the police.

Edited by scorecard

Because if he serves his jail term, the way to be the PM again will be closed completely.

Unless of course he changes the law, been done before

Unless of course he changes the law, been done before

It's quite likely that under a Thaksin regime, having a conviction becomes a mandatory requirement for the position, and possible the only requirement (IMHO).

Well, it's all well and good for Chalerm to write this 'Bill' (yeah right! You mean several highly paid lawyers wrote it and put Chalerms name on the front, I doubt Chalerm has even read it), but I don't see how defrauding the Thai people of a billion dollars in tax is a political crime. Just because he was in a political position at the time does not make Thaksin's crimes political.

Perhaps the time is long overdue for a Political party to be formed with the strapline/ethos of

One Nation, One People, One LAW!

Mmmm, think I'll get my wife to start it today, maybe my Daughter could be an honest PM in 30 years! (if there is anything left of Thailand then that is!)

Sounds like a great idea, ONOPOL looks to be a reasonable name for a political party but the pronunciation might be a bit of a hand-full.

Personally, I don't think he will ever return, amnesty or not. He doesn't have the necessary tackle between the big toes to face up to that maybe someone out there will finally succeed with yet another "assassination" attempt - how many so far according to his own warped self-opinionated and maniacal beliefs.

It seems that whenever he needs a bit more front page exposure there is another attempt made - of course never substantiated or proven, just Thaksin's mouth running away once again and, of course the news media is stupid enough to run with it instead of handling it as it should - like ignore it as more Thaksin B.S.

Personally, I don't think he will ever return, amnesty or not. He doesn't have the necessary tackle between the big toes to face up to that maybe someone out there will finally succeed with yet another "assassination" attempt - how many so far according to his own warped self-opinionated and maniacal beliefs.

It seems that whenever he needs a bit more front page exposure there is another attempt made - of course never substantiated or proven, just Thaksin's mouth running away once again and, of course the news media is stupid enough to run with it instead of handling it as it should - like ignore it as more Thaksin B.S.

So many assassination attempts that there's a dedicated website for it, and even that doesn't list them all.

Assassination Attempts on Thaksin

http://assassinationthaksin.wordpress.com/2013/02/28/a-short-story-the-assassination-attempt-on-thaksin/

So many assassination attempts that there's a dedicated website for it, and even that doesn't list them all.

Assassination Attempts on Thaksin

http://assassinationthaksin.wordpress.com/2013/02/28/a-short-story-the-assassination-attempt-on-thaksin/

Thanks for the link - for what it's worth an interesting read.

Btw...what happened about his illegally issued thai passport?

The PM and FM chose to ignore responding to accusations that this was illegal. Too busy travelling making ridiculous speeches to bother with an iritant like the law. No one is following up of course.

Chalerm's bill seeks amnesty for political convictions and cesation of ongoing investigations. Thaksin's convcition is criminal. He also faces more serious criminal charges which is why he is scared to return. These will all be swept up in the general amnesty and whitewash his criminal past.

Then he can return a "freeman" on his illegally issued passport and will no doubt be feted like a superstar at the airport, showing the genuine people's affection for their favourite son, surrounded by an honour guard of red storm troopers.

He doesn't need to ask for anything - he's already running the country through his vasels and minions.

He has obviously ran out of patience and PTP will push this through simply ignoring the law, CC, and anyothers that get in the way. Not good, and sadly countries like the US,UK, Aussie, and the EU will all treat him as somekind of hero.

• Like 1

Btw...what happened about his illegally issued thai passport?

The PM and FM chose to ignore responding to accusations that this was illegal. Too busy traveling making ridiculous speeches to bother with an irritant like the law. No one is following up of course.

Chalerm's bill seeks amnesty for political convictions and cessation of ongoing investigations. Thaksin's conviction is criminal. He also faces more serious criminal charges which is why he is scared to return. These will all be swept up in the general amnesty and whitewash his criminal past.

Then he can return a "freeman" on his illegally issued passport and will no doubt be feted like a superstar at the airport, showing the genuine people's affection for their favourite son, surrounded by an honour guard of red storm troopers.

He doesn't need to ask for anything - he's already running the country through his vasels and minions.

He has obviously ran out of patience and PTP will push this through simply ignoring the law, CC, and any others that get in the way. Not good, and sadly countries like the US,UK, Aussie, and the EU will all treat him as some kind of hero.

All valid points, with one minor correction.

The issuance of his new passport was not merely an accusation, but the final finding from the Ombudsman.

The issuance violated Foreign Ministry regulations and was definitively determined to be illegal with a call that it be immediately revoked.

That's not happened even though the Foreign Minister and Prime Minister were informed of the illegal status and required revocation months ago.