Re-Entry Permit Validity

I just went back to extension by retirement. I will be traveling for some time outside Thailand. I'll pay for a re-entry permit at Swampy as I'm headed for the gate. I'll return the month before the extension expires.

How long is the re-entry permit valid for? For the duration of the visa? One would think so, but TIT ....

Yes, better to get Single Re-Entry permit prior to deparing the Kingdom. Single stamp is 1k baht.

At what location in Suvarnabhumi is the place to get a Re-Entry stamp?

I've had some old hands relate that this feature was halted some years ago.

Clarification? is it opened only certain hours?

If you departed without a Re-Entry permit, when you arrive, you will use up the remainder of your Long Term Retirement visa, assuming you have a current one.

If no Re-Entry Stamp, then one is granted a 30 day Arrival Stamp at Immigration.

The question is thus: is one admitted under final 30 days of current Long Term Reirement visa OR, the new 30-day Arrival Stamp?

It costs 1900b to convert this Arrival Stamp to a "Non-Immigrant O type visa."

Good for 60 days.

Then you can convert this 60 day visa to a Long Term Retirement Visa for an additional 1900b, all at the same time.

Long Term Retirement visa requires its own paperwork, xeroxes, photos, etc.

Remember you will need 21 good days on your remaining visa---of whatever type---to apply for a Long Term Retirement visa extension.

When you deplane upon re-entry, get moving in an expeditious manner to re-apply for your Long Term Reitrement Visa, if this is your intention.

If I am wrong about the above, please let myself and others know....

thanks.....

The above post is wrong on just about every detail:

1. Single re-entry is 1,200 baht at airport as they provide copies/photo service. If from normal immigration office would be 1,000 single or 3,800 baht multi.

2. It was not available after move to Suvarnabhumi but was established again several years ago from 0600-2400 and recent reports is that it is available 24 hours now.

3. If you leave without a re-entry permit your extension of stay (regardless of type) will end.

4. If you return without a new visa you will get a 30 day visa exempt entry if from a country allowed such entry.

5. A conversion to non immigrant visa entry would cost 2,000 baht and require proof of meeting extension of stay requirements.

6. Such entry would be for 90 days.

7. Normally only 15 days remaining is required for visa/conversion - not the 21 days originally asked.