Just How Much Do You Love Pad Krapow (On A Scale Of 1 To 10)?

Jingthing

Pad Krapow Pad Krapow Pad Krapow Pad Krapow Pad Krapow Pad Krapow Pad Krapow   

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm another moo fan...gai not so much. Still only a 9 though!

The gai always seems to be 1% meat, and 99% gristle and bone.

If you pay extra they'll just give you gristle and bone.

I think you misheard. Mister, you pay extra for gristle and boner was what she said.

It would be my favourite food but many times, not always, it does not digest fully and reappears rather too quickly after eating. Its nothing to do with the chilli or the basil but I think its the green vegetable (no idea what it is) that is often, but not always present. Despite the after-effects though it has to me the best taste of all Thai food.

Edited by Upnotover

I voted 10 mainly because it's the Thai dish I order more than any other Thai dish. So I obviously love it. It is basically peasant food though. Gotta love peasant food!

When I lived in the U.S. I cooked this dish myself with my own style. I usually used ground turkey and much more chili and garlic than you would ever get here even on a phet phet. I also sometimes substituted mint leaves for basil, but of course then it wouldn't technically be krapow. My own version was probably my favorite version ever but I'm too lazy to cook a pad krapow dish in Thailand and using ground turkey would be impractical here.

But that's another beauty of pad krapow. You can make it 1000 ways. Just to your own taste.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Instead of rice use spaghetti or pasta, great variation if your tired of rice :)

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Typical overrated garbage. Just mix up a bit of Thai basil, chilli, garlic, meat and bottled condiments in a wok for a few minutes and dump it on some rice. Hardly haute cuisine is it?

You like it then ?

I think you might be mistaken,

Sugar hut is a self proclaimed haute cuisine where you sit on the floor to feed

and toilet is a step down from BigC standard,

so it must be the kapaow veggies that makes it 5 star

Edited by poanoi

Typical overrated garbage. Just mix up a bit of Thai basil, chilli, garlic, meat and bottled condiments in a wok for a few minutes and dump it on some rice. Hardly haute cuisine is it?

Seems like you measure food by how complicated the recipe is.

Can't vote because you have no option for beef.

I prefer beef.

No point in the poll if you cannot choose your favourite dish.

I hate pork.

I presume the poll is about Pad Krapow with whatever your own choice of meat is. Rate it based on that.

I prefer beef.

I hate pork.

I presume the poll is about Pad Krapow with whatever your own choice of meat is. Rate it based on that.

But thats not really correct is it, if you served me it with pork I would hate it and you would think I hate it in general.

The poll should have a choice available for chicken, pork, beef or other if you like canary for example.

"Pad Thai" is the new "Tom Yum Goong".

30 years ago, seemed like every Thai was convinced that every foreigner loved the latter, now they so very often think the former.

Personally, I'm not crazy about either.

• Like 1

I prefer beef.

I hate pork.

But thats not really correct is it, if you served me it with pork I would hate it and you would think I hate it in general.

The poll should have a choice available for chicken, pork, beef or other if you like canary for example.

This has already been well explained. Rivalex is 100 percent correct.

IB, as a personal aside, you may start your OWN polls the way you like as well. I would welcome to see lots and lots of polls from you.

Edited by Jingthing

"us barbarians"

One usually associates barbarians with being foreign and in China, I had thought.

The wall, and all.

Are foreigners also barbaric in Thailand?

This is the first I have heard of it, but I don't even yet speak the language here.

How many monkeys do you have typing at your keyboard, you post so many posts so quickly?

I have only one monkey at this keyboard,

Bought him off an old organ grinder.

Personally, I love it. I think it's the equivalent of spaghetti bolognese but not so archetypal Italian because of the variety in Thai cuisine.

With bolognese, it's the combination of sweet tomatoes and basil with some salt and pepper, which works and has made it such a famous Italian meal. Krapow is likewise simple and a similar blend of heat and sweetness which works. Not sure whether to add a fried egg to bolognese though. Krapow has had the advantage to have evolved straight from the street where if your lucky you can still find a stall with wild chickens hanging around and basil garlic and chillies picked fresh from the garden into the pan! Delicious.....

• Like 1

"Krapow has had the advantage to have evolved straight from the street where if your lucky you can still find a stall with wild chickens hanging around and basil garlic and chillies picked fresh from the garden into the pan! Delicious....."

In what parts of the country is this dish cooked to perfection? North, South, Everywhere? Or is it just a matter of trusting in luck and finding the best restaurant without regard to location in Thailand?

"Krapow has had the advantage to have evolved straight from the street where if your lucky you can still find a stall with wild chickens hanging around and basil garlic and chillies picked fresh from the garden into the pan! Delicious....."

In what parts of the country is this dish cooked to perfection? North, South, Everywhere? Or is it just a matter of trusting in luck and finding the best restaurant without regard to location in Thailand?

Old China, I don't think its a province thing, but from experience, its more to do with how fresh the ingredients are, plenty of chillies and having a cook with a real passion for food; but not sure the best choice of desert or starter with Krapow?

• 3 weeks later...

ELEVEN!

Probably my favourite - and most ordered - Thai dish, and I've experienced a very wide variety of Thai food over the last twenty something years. Hands down my favourite one plate meal for sure, with khao man gai runner up I'd say.

Agree that the moo khrob variant works really well. Squid too. I may be wrong but I believe it was traditionally made with beef.

ELEVEN!

Probably my favourite - and most ordered - Thai dish, and I've experienced a very wide variety of Thai food over the last twenty something years. Hands down my favourite one plate meal for sure, with khao man gai runner up I'd say.

Agree that the moo khrob variant works really well. Squid too. I may be wrong but I believe it was traditionally made with beef.

It only scores eleven with a prawn omelette added. wink.png