Getting Violent On Sukhumvit

monochaser

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never had any trouble with them, and I regularly wander around after 2am. Maybe just lucky.

I know never to trust them though as they are basically men who are likely to be pretty desperate.

Same here.

Never any problems in all these years.

I think some people are more unlucky then other when it comes to ending up in trouble.

Last time I stayed at the Nana, one drunken ladyboy would not leave farangs in the area alone. I tried to be nice, but it wouldn't back off and kept insisting that I take it upstairs. Finally, it grabbed me by the arm and while pushing it away, I accidently hit it in the face and it went ballistic.

I was happy to see that no other Thais intervened on its behalf, as they knew that it did this sort of thing every night (a real girl told me).

I decided to avoid the parking lot for the rest of my trip, but I did see it accosting several other farangs in a drunken stupor while they tried to push it away. I wonder if this is the same katoey?

It puts the lotion on its skin. It does as it's told.

EDIT: Unfortunately, in some cases it clearly does not do as it's told.

Edited by on-on

Last time I stayed at the Nana, one drunken ladyboy would not leave farangs in the area alone. I tried to be nice, but it wouldn't back off and kept insisting that I take it upstairs. Finally, it grabbed me by the arm and while pushing it away, I accidently hit it in the face and it went ballistic.

I was happy to see that no other Thais intervened on its behalf, as they knew that it did this sort of thing every night (a real girl told me).

I decided to avoid the parking lot for the rest of my trip, but I did see it accosting several other farangs in a drunken stupor while they tried to push it away. I wonder if this is the same katoey?

Hmm, referring to a ladyboy as "it" will undoubtedly ruffle a few feathers... :o

Hmm, referring to a ladyboy as "it" will undoubtedly ruffle a few feathers... :o

When they act like ladies, I call them she. :D

We're all late night katoey-robber experts. Myself, Ive been grotch grabbed 4, 567 times this week alone!

Have you tried pulling up your zip? just a thought.

Cheers, Rick

To make my regular evening activities all the easier, Rick, I don't bother with trousers.

cheers,

will

Well there lies your problem my good man!

Cheers, Rick

having your valuables on display will always encourage the desperate

When in Bangkok a couple of years back, walked back regularly from nightclubs to hotel along Suk, Soi 4, Soi 11. Always around 2 pm. Never any trouble.

Unless the situation's changed that drastically over the past two years, I still feel that BKK is one of the safest places in the world. Of course that doesn't mean that you can have bad luck sometime. People do get knifed in apparently safe and dull places like Belgium too, so there.

I rarely go down that way anymore but a friend was in town on business so we were walking from soi 8 to Cowboy when a ladything wrapped herself around him in the street, we told it do disappear and it did, what we didn't realise until an hour later was that it had stolen his phone, no big deal really but they are to be watched, and at the end of the day they are men so I for one would have no problem clumping one of them if I caught them stealing from me.

When in Bangkok a couple of years back, walked back regularly from nightclubs to hotel along Suk, Soi 4, Soi 11. Always around 2 pm. Never any trouble.

Unless the situation's changed that drastically over the past two years, I still feel that BKK is one of the safest places in the world. Of course that doesn't mean that you can have bad luck sometime. People do get knifed in apparently safe and dull places like Belgium too, so there.

I am not surprised - most people are still finishing lunch around then :o

I am not surprised - most people are still finishing lunch around then :D

:o:D:D

Edited by zorro1

If there is an increase in the violence I attribute it to the following (in no particular order)

1. Noticably less farangs = less money to go around = more pressure on those here (drinks for girls etc), more thefts

2. Lower quality entertainment, in other terms means less cuties so the drunks are fighting over what few are left

3. Early closing times = see Great Britain for an example of early closing times vis-a-vis how it's really been a success a lowering closing time fights

4. Crappy overall economy = more people gambling to pay off debts, then losing, then thefts, crimes against farangs jump

and so on.

I was grabed too in Bkk (Sukhumvit, Khao San), but wallet - no.

I never have a wallet in my back pocket when on the street in BKK. That's easy pickens. A good pickpocket will lift that without the need of the fondling katoey diversion.

Have your cash and your bankcard (in case you need more cash) in your front pocket.

I am not surprised - most people are still finishing lunch around then :D

:D

Yes, the streets are still packed then. Try walking there between 4 and 5 am on the south side. :o