Changes To Short-term Non-immigrant Extensions

I received a phone call today from a business associate of mine - calling from Suan Phlu Immigration HQ.

He advised that - as of today (as best he knew), Immigration has changed the allowable short-term extension periods - from the old allocations of 30 days first-time extension (for 1,900 baht), with one additional 14-day extension allowed (for another 1,900 baht) -to a new policy of just 21 days initial extension, followed by just 7 days second extension - both for 1,900 baht each.

I am not sure if this is permanent change - it will take additional confirming data points to know for certain - but for those who routinely base their planning on 30 + 14 - you may need to adjust your plans.

Cheers!

Steve

Indo-Siam

He advised that - as of today (as best he knew), Immigration has changed the allowable short-term extension periods - from the old allocations of 30 days first-time extension (for 1,900 baht), with one additional 14-day extension allowed (for another 1,900 baht) -to a new policy of just 21 days initial extension, followed by just 7 days second extension - both for 1,900 baht each.
Extension of stay based on what visa?

---------------

Maestro

Thanks for the update, Indo....

:o

Is there any official word on Immigrations website?

Should this be pinned or thread mass-emailed so everyone knows?

I used to get extensions all the time on a Non-O when it was cost-effective to do so, but stopped when the price increased 4 fold.

Seems like there's even LESS incentive to get an extension now, unless absolutely necessary.

Extension of stay based on what visa?

---------------

Maestro

Maaestro -

This is in regards to obtaining a SHORT-TERM extension to any sort of 90-day non-immigrant entry permit - on the basis of paying 1,900 baht.

This applies to any visa that results in an initial 90 day entry permit.

Cheers!

Indo-Siam