Majority Favour Judges Over Red Shirts

Majority favour judges over red shirts
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Most people disagree with the red shirts' efforts to force nine Constitutional Court judges to resign, an opinion survey has found.

The survey by Nida found that 61.6 per cent of respondents disagreed with the red shirts and Pheu Thai Party who are putting pressure on the Constitutional Court, while 24.9 per cent had no comment. The survey was conducted among 1,254 people from all regions.

Asked which branch of government they had most confidence in, 44.2 per cent cited the judiciary, while 20.8 per cent cited the administration and 10.77 per cent chose legislative branch. Of the total 10.61 per cent chose no branch, while 13.48 per cent said they were not sure.

Up to 61.8 per cent of the respondents said they were happy with the Constitutional Court, 15.63 per cent said they were very happy and 14.75 per cent said they were unhappy.

Of the respondents, 61.8 per cent said there should be laws to prohibit violations against the courts, while 18.50 per cent disagreed and remaining 19.62 per cent had no comment.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-05-03

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are these the same people indoctrinated not to question authority??

Of course they are- they are red shirts after all.

That's the first line of the red shirt job description "never question the authority [and wishes] of the dear leader" - but you knew that already, didn't you?

Oops, you didn't read the article. "Most people disagree with the red shirts"

• Like 1

The survey by Nida found that 61.6 per cent of respondents disagreed with the red shirts and Pheu Thai Party who are putting pressure on the Constitutional Court

A greater "landslide" than the one that put PTP in power.

• Like 2

It is obvious in my opinion that the red shirt have no respect for anyone or anything that is not "RED"

They are like hooligans and thugs who feel it is there right to protest, rampage and cause civil unrest when things do not go their way or whenever TS tells them to run amok.

It is too bad that protesting in Thailand is such a good paying job, sure a heck beats working in factories.

• Like 2

That's the first line of the red shirt job description "never question the authority [and wishes] of the dear leader" - but you knew that already, didn't you?

Why the selective quote when it should be "Most people disagree with the red shirts' efforts to force nine Constitutional Court judges to resign"

With the almost unequivocal backing of the Government ....the red shirts will pursue their goals to oust the CC judiciaryregardless.

MPs now ignoring rulings, the situation can only deteriorate....

One can only hope that violence does not follow.

Time will tell but I think like 2006, we are that close to another coup for the same reasons, and I think it will happen before then end of the year.

I agree, especially if Thaksin keeps pushing for his whitewash.

Judging from madam PM's recent speech, I think we are into the end game here. And, as I have said before, this will not end well, for anyone.

Time will tell but I think like 2006, we are that close to another coup for the same reasons, and I think it will happen before then end of the year.

I agree, especially if Thaksin keeps pushing for his whitewash.

Judging from madam PM's recent speech, I think we are into the end game here. And, as I have said before, this will not end well, for anyone.

Yep. Seems like they are going for broke & trying to provoke anarchy which surely follows when the rule of law is ignored by the so called elected representatives of the people.

Lets get real. The ruling minority won't be winning elections.

The Nation is softening up the crowd for another coup.

Does anyone really believe anything this newspaper puts out?

Let Thai people vote with international observers and the losers respect the outcome.

The army does not have the credibility to do the choosing every time they disagree with the winner.

• Like 1

Indoctrination- reminds of the nazi's, Saddam etc but it i a very apt word when describing the treatment of Thai people from birth. Forgot to add if you are not wealthy you get indoctrination from birth.

So 39% think it's ok to threaten a court? Great.....

Of your 39%, almost 20% were "no comment" which cannot be assumed to be in favour or otherwise.

Aint ambivalence great.....

One could also assume that some are reticent/apprehensive about speaking out against a bunch of militant thugs.

• Like 2

So 39% think it's ok to threaten a court? Great.....

Of your 39%, almost 20% were "no comment" which cannot be assumed to be in favour or otherwise.

The resulting 13.5% that feel it is acceptable to put pressure on the court is reflective of the truer number of die-hard red shirt and PTP supporters.

• Like 2

Indoctrination- reminds of the nazi's, Saddam etc but it i a very apt word when describing the treatment of Thai people from birth. Forgot to add if you are not wealthy you get indoctrination from birth.

Another gift from Thaksin to the poor?

Lets get real. The ruling minority won't be winning elections.

The Nation is softening up the crowd for another coup.

Does anyone really believe anything this newspaper puts out?

Let Thai people vote with international observers and the losers respect the outcome.

The army does not have the credibility to do the choosing every time they disagree with the winner.

Last time the army "did the chosing" there wasn't even an elected PM. And what makes you think the Red Shirts will accept defeat and not trash Bangkok again?

• Like 2

It is obvious in my opinion that the red shirt have no respect for anyone or anything that is not "RED"

They are like hooligans and thugs who feel it is there right to protest, rampage and cause civil unrest when things do not go their way or whenever TS tells them to run amok.

It is too bad that protesting in Thailand is such a good paying job, sure a heck beats working in factories.

These red shirts do include doctors, lawyers, engineers, teacher, lecturers and many people from profeional jobs and I am sure that they are not hooligans and thugs and dont ramapage and run amok. But then you know that

These red shirts do include doctors, lawyers, engineers, teacher, lecturers and many people from profeional jobs and I am sure that they are not hooligans and thugs and dont ramapage and run amok. But then you know that

What percentage of red shirts fall into those profeional [sic] jobs?

The rhetoric has always been the red shirts were the uneducated and disenfranchised poor versus those that were opposed to them being the elite with these profeional [sic] jobs.

Is this now being rewritten?

Edited by brd199

It is quite easy to turn anyone into a hooligan & thug when in the midst of a large crowd being urged on by the likes of Dr Weng.

Are these the same judges that were caught red handed on video colluding with the Democrats?

No. If you read up on it, you will find that they weren't "colluding with the Democrats". The assistant that took the videos is the one that organised the meetings, then he did a runner, and then he joined the PTP.

They smeared the guy taking the videos. That's right.

So putting your comment and the quoted part of the OP together leads to one conclusion - The people indoctrinated to not question authority disagree with the red shirts - so whose authority are they disagreeing with - the government or the court?