How And Where To Dump Large Items?

elektrified

Try the place just pass the cm-Doi Saket rd (118) on your right if travelling north on 121 (second ring rd).

It's a large garbage collection center. I first had trouble dumping all the wrapping papers and corrugated boxes plus other junks when I first relocated here. I was paid almost a thousand bahts I now put all my beer bottles, plastics, cardboards, and non-perishable junks in boxes and haul them there every 2 weeks or so in my truck. I get paid about B40 each time. I'm getting rich, 555.

• Like 1

Classifieds? :whistling:

Nobody would want them even for free. Total junk.

You need to give them value - if you leave them outside overnight with a for sale 1000 baht sign they will soon vanish.

• Like 1

Classifieds? whistling.gif

You need to give them value - if you leave them outside overnight with a for sale 1000 baht sign they will soon vanish.

Nah. I'm not leaving junk outside. People around where I live are picky junk collectors. I once left out a lamp and a desk and it took about 4 weeks for someone to take them. Saw all kinds of people stop by and look but not take them.

Classifieds? whistling.gif

Nah. I'm not leaving junk outside. People around where I live are picky junk collectors. I once left out a lamp and a desk and it took about 4 weeks for someone to take them. Saw all kinds of people stop by and look but not take them.

ah but it wont take so long this time......now they have seen the light.

There is a big landfill in Mae Rim

Might help if you gave your area

Can you please provide some directions or location information for the landfill (not gps)?

okay.. If you take the road that goes to all the tourist attractions in Mae Rim. Monkey, Snake shows.

The road is the one that also goes to Samoeng. Rt 1096

You will pass the road(left) for 4 seasons and just past that its on the right hand side(North).

If you get to any of the attractions such as shooting range, X centre or 7-11 then you have gone too far.

Just follow the dump trucks and dirt on the road.

I have never used it myself so not sure if just anybody can use it. It's definitely a land fill though

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

No proble for us in Udon .I take things like that to the village and they are ready to fight over them almost.Accepted eagerly and with thanks.

This isn't some hic village in Udon. There are a lot of wealthy people around here.

This isn't some hic village in Udon. There are a lot of wealthy people around here.

But the maids and butlers may want them. biggrin.png

If you are in a moo bahn, ask the street cleaners they may well know how to clear them out. Works for us anyway.

• Like 1

There is a big landfill in Mae Rim

Might help if you gave your area

Can you please provide some directions or location information for the landfill (not gps)?

okay.. If you take the road that goes to all the tourist attractions in Mae Rim. Monkey, Snake shows.

The road is the one that also goes to Samoeng. Rt 1096

You will pass the road(left) for 4 seasons and just past that its on the right hand side(North).

If you get to any of the attractions such as shooting range, X centre or 7-11 then you have gone too far.

Just follow the dump trucks and dirt on the road.

I have never used it myself so not sure if just anybody can use it. It's definitely a land fill though

Many thanks, hope the trading is going well.

But the maids and butlers may want them. biggrin.png

If you are in a moo bahn, ask the street cleaners they may well know how to clear them out. Works for us anyway.

We tried that when we put an almost brand new desk (it was a 900 Baht cheapie from Tesco and was not stable and had lopsided ends) and a floor lamp in good condition outside. The trash people said they only take small items. I guess I'll have to pay someone to haul the stuff away and hope they are responsible and will haul it to a dump.

How about drive them up into the hills for the Akha?

If you know someone who wants to haul them up there, send 'em over to pick up the stuff. I don't have a truck. We've got an old couch and 2 beat up King size mattresses we don't want.

• 1 month later...