Thaksin Meets Iraqi P M Amid Row On Status

Lite Beer

All you liberal self hating Americans and British seem to forget that Thaksin was freely elected by the overwhelming majority of Thais and sadly overthrown by a military coup and convicted by a kangaroo court.

Bought the election. Do your research. No need to self hate America, there are plenty of people on TV who will do it for me... :-) Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 2

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why are heads of State even meeting with him and discussing such things as politics. Thaksin is not even a politician in Thailand and is a suspect on the run. He does not legally represent the country.

Correction: Dr. Thaksin is not a suspect nor is he 'on the run'. He is a convicted felon. He does not run, he flies; in his own private jet. The Thai government is not trying to arrest him.
  • Like 1

What a nice man, thinking only of his country and prosperity

for the people, if only we had more people like him in the world.

How right you are. There is a lot of members on this forum that have the paradigm that being convicted in a corrupt society means you are a criminal. There are a lot of members on this forum that have been brought-up on charges and claim they have been set-up and complain of the justice system. There is a lot of members on here that seem to think they can run a country and know how to turn the wheels; look in a mirror or go back to your own country and complain of your own countries corrupt politicians - Oh I forgot you left your country because is better in Thailand. Most of the members were not in Thailand to see the vast difference to know the good that was done, which has mostly been destroyed over the past 8 years. Obviously Thaksin is promoting Thailand for the good of his pocket, but Thailand will win also.

And yet another TVF member who has done due diligence case studies of "a lot of members on this forum". In another thread I requested a document either in Word or PDF from another poster with similar case studies. Of course there was no reply. Can you be so kind to let us less fortunate ones know your research methods and documented proof of your statements?

• Like 2

"Leader Sornrak Malaithong said the group would take a break from protesting tomorrow and Tuesday before holding a big rally on Wednesday - the deadline set by the group for the judges to resign. If the judges did not respond, the group would step up the protest and seize five strategic spots around the Government Complex, Sornrak said".

One wonders how this elected government will respond to such unlawful action if it does take place...?

How right you are. There is a lot of members on this forum that have the paradigm that being convicted in a corrupt society means you are a criminal. There are a lot of members on this forum that have been brought-up on charges and claim they have been set-up and complain of the justice system. There is a lot of members on here that seem to think they can run a country and know how to turn the wheels; look in a mirror or go back to your own country and complain of your own countries corrupt politicians - Oh I forgot you left your country because is better in Thailand. Most of the members were not in Thailand to see the vast difference to know the good that was done, which has mostly been destroyed over the past 8 years. Obviously Thaksin is promoting Thailand for the good of his pocket, but Thailand will win also.

Psssttt I think the Jim Walker post was a bit of sarcasm. Wait is your post sarcasm too ?? It is so confusing here, there really needs be a sarcasm button on TV to make things clear. With some of the " More Thai than a Thai" farang posters here, it can be really confusing.....

No sarcasm; perhaps you are discombobulated, and obviously this has pushed your button. However, I do agree with your comment - there should be more Thai members.

It is true what they say...Ignorance is bliss ! I feel it unbalanced that I have to spend an hour to meditate to nullify the effects on the body from spending 2 minutes reading yet another article on the Shiniwatra clan. Raised blood pressure, anxiety, RAGE ( wai2.gif ). I KNOW I will live much longer and wear a far more permanent smile on my face if I just stop reading the news. Perhaps on TV we could have a filter button for the news that omits from view any article containing the words Thaksin, Yinkluck, Plodrasup, Chalerm and corruption....then again the news forum would appear empty.

Never since the Borgia's has any family been so intent on crime and destruction, infact on many days I think the Shiniwatras could make the Borgia's look like the cast from the Sound of Music. Now where was I...Om mani padme hum, Om mani padme hum ............

The need for energy supplies makes countries do some nasty things.

Remember the EU countries that were busting the Iraqi oil sanctions?

And then there is India dropping its pants for Iranian oil. The South Koreans and Chinese aren't any better. Even Singapore, the darling of the west, was up to its elbows in Iranian oil transactions until the US growled.

It may come as shock to some of you, but this is how business is done in Asia.

The difference is, that Iraq is looking for markets to sell its oil and it is allowed to talk to whomever it wishes as it is now recognized as a legitimate state. It's stuck with some low ball contracts with China signed by the Hussein regime and Thailand may be a good market.

• Like 1

Well, if he can convince Iraq to buy overpriced rotten Thai rice , his powers of persuasion must be amazing :-)

Actually it would very easy to convince them, "Buy this rice at 1000 dollar per ton, you and I pocket 200 each and we keep it all secret under a G2G deal"

The secrecy of the deals is not meant to protect the people bankrolling the scheme.

Thaksin has only one status that of convicted crim on the run.

Yes, and when is Thailand going to issue a communique to the world to that effect and stating that Toxin has no standing whatsoever to be speaking for or on behalf of the realm.

The man (and his cohorts) make one want to vomit, BUT again it's TiT

I must say that I have sympathy for Iraq which to the best of my knowledge has never attacked anyone (at least in modern times) and is much more moderate in its policies than many Muslim countries.

Yet has been painted as a villain by the US who have attacked it once before with the help of Saddam.

But that's not the subject of this topic.

The fact that Thailand is using someone they have no right to be using, who has no official status to be talking with anyone on behalf of Thailand is what it is about.

And that is an undisputable fact.

It shows the Thai Govts contempt for international protocol and for other countries that they would present someone with no official standing to represent them as they have obviously done in this case.

For there is no way he could have just rolled up without the Thai Govt introducing his as their representative.

We are well aware of their contempt for local law but this is a new low.

• Like 1

I must say that I have sympathy for Iraq which to the best of my knowledge has never attacked anyone (at least in modern times) and is much more moderate in its policies than many Muslim countries.

Yet has been painted as a villain by the US who have attacked it once before with the help of Saddam.

But that's not the subject of this topic.

The fact that Thailand is using someone they have no right to be using, who has no official status to be talking with anyone on behalf of Thailand is what it is about.

And that is an undisputable fact.

It shows the Thai Govts contempt for international protocol and for other countries that they would present someone with no official standing to represent them as they have obviously done in this case.

For there is no way he could have just rolled up without the Thai Govt introducing his as their representative.

We are well aware of their contempt for local law but this is a new low.

Your knowledge is severely lacking. 'Avachat with a Kuwaiti, or even an Iranian.

• Like 2

Thaksin doesn't even pretend that Thailand isn't his own personal corporation. Selling off its resources while saddling it with debt. All this talk about coming back is just smoke and mirrors. He's just where he wants to be, outside Thailand acting as a " trade facilitator". You can make money coming and going while frontrunning government ag policy in the futures pits to boot.

Edited by lannarebirth

Psssttt I think the Jim Walker post was a bit of sarcasm. Wait is your post sarcasm too ?? It is so confusing here, there really needs be a sarcasm button on TV to make things clear. With some of the " More Thai than a Thai" farang posters here, it can be really confusing.....

No sarcasm; perhaps you are discombobulated, and obviously this has pushed your button. However, I do agree with your comment - there should be more Thai members.

No discombobulation involved, much closer to mild amusement at farangs that are drawn into Thaksin sphere of evil... :-) Regarding Thai posters, you have misread my post. I was making a joke about farangs here that want to be more Thai like than a Thai person, thus making fools of themselves. You got that, right ???

Oh...my....god.... I have just seen that Jim Walker liked your reply to his post, meaning his original post saying what a nice man Thaksin is was not sarcasm. Wow I am speechless. So Jim Walker must be either a Thai person, or a farang that does not spend a lot of time reading the news...

Edited by EyesWideOpen

And yet another TVF member who has done due diligence case studies of "a lot of members on this forum". In another thread I requested a document either in Word or PDF from another poster with similar case studies. Of course there was no reply. Can you be so kind to let us less fortunate ones know your research methods and documented proof of your statements?

As you are an avid poster - thus you must read the same posts that I read; or are you saying members are untruthful with their postings - thus research is required - however I take most people as being honest. Yes I have generalised and mean no offense to members, but obviously as you are being pedantic and taken exception to this very subject - perhaps you would be the right person to complete a PHD on this very subject.

In light of the ratcheting of media suppression in Thailand by his sister, perhaps he went to get some additional pointers. Although he's well versed already, it never hurts to compare notes with similarly suppressive regimes.

Iraq suspends Al-Jazeera and 9 Iraqi TV channels

April 28, 2013

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/world/article/Iraq-suspends-Al-Jazeera-and-9-Iraqi-TV-channels-4470054.php#ixzz2SNdV3BSH

for crying out loud now they suspend Al-Jazeera If it wasn't for Asian news in English it would be either BBC or Fox at least with Al-Jazeera we have two decent stations.

OOPS forgot I am not in Iraq I am in Chiang Mai

Edited by hellodolly

Jeez people! Why can't Thaksin meet with a leader of another country??? After all, Dennis Rodman met with North Korean Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un and discussed politics also smile.png

I didn´t know that Dennis Rodman was a convicted criminal on the run.blink.png

As you are an avid poster - thus you must read the same posts that I read; or are you saying members are untruthful with their postings - thus research is required - however I take most people as being honest. Yes I have generalised and mean no offense to members, but obviously as you are being pedantic and taken exception to this very subject - perhaps you would be the right person to complete a PHD on this very subject.

My apologizes. Sometimes I get to ranting and should stop a few sentences before I do. I do agree with parts of your post but disagree with others. I'll leave it at that.

Why are heads of State even meeting with him and discussing such things as politics. Thaksin is not even a politician in Thailand and is a suspect on the run. He does not legally represent the country.

money money money

money money money

Probably because his PR machine is very effective, and because of which many Governments probably give some credence to the claims the charges/conviction against him were politically motivated.

money money money

Probably because his PR machine is very effective, and because of which many Governments probably give some credence to the claims the charges/conviction against him were politically motivated.

In this case his PR machine consists of a Facebook posting. Given his record of being very economical with the truth, I'd seriously doubt that this 'meeting' ever happened.

Yes, some governments with a dubious record don't care if he is a criminal or not & will happily use any money offered. LuckyLew is correct - money trumps all else.

• Like 2

you think I don't think you think

The need for energy supplies makes countries do some nasty things.

Remember the EU countries that were busting the Iraqi oil sanctions?

And then there is India dropping its pants for Iranian oil. The South Koreans and Chinese aren't any better. Even Singapore, the darling of the west, was up to its elbows in Iranian oil transactions until the US growled.

It may come as shock to some of you, but this is how business is done in Asia.

The difference is, that Iraq is looking for markets to sell its oil and it is allowed to talk to whomever it wishes as it is now recognized as a legitimate state. It's stuck with some low ball contracts with China signed by the Hussein regime and Thailand may be a good market.

There you go, oil for rice.

We are talking about a corrupt country on the edge of chaos here. We aren't talking about the leaders of Western democracies, even they are probably dealing with him at a low level behind the scenes.

Next stop Syria!

Edited by Arkady

Government do strange things one poster said. Well, he was spot on. If the Thai government helps this criminal fugitive to represent Thailand and it's government than no wonder people run to courts to question this behaviour.

As for the democracy loving red-shirts mentioned in the OP, occupying strategic positions around a court to block entrance and proceedings is asking for the police to stop them. They should keep in mind that Dept. PM Pol. Captain Chalerm will easily gather 50,000 police officers to prevent them from being less peaceful.

BTW regarding the rice order mentioned, "seeking 30,000 tons and will purchase a total of 80,000" with prices below 600 US$, I vaguely remember the G2G deals with China which were found to be vapor deals. Also with Thai Baht rising against the US$ do we still make a hefty profit on these deals? I mean two years in a row 400 billion Baht needs to be recovered.

But not many of those convicted that you mention have jumped bail and NOT appealed or fought their conviction. I can think of only one just now.

And let me throw it right back at you . . . look in a mirror and stop complaining about those complaining about . . . you get the picture.

There are a lot of members on this forum that have been brought-up on charges and claim they have been set-up and complain of the justice system.

Who on this thread are you talking about?

If you are talking about members that haven't posted here, then what on Earth relevance is that here on this thread?

Other than for ranting purposes, of course.

Edited by brd199
  • Like 1