Divorcing My Wife From The Uk

My wife (after a dispute over money) has broken off all contact with me. We married in Lop Buri two years ago. I'm currently in the UK and she is in Thailand. To cut a long story short, she's gone. What's the deal with divorcing her from the UK?

Get a lawyer and file for divorce.

Might be easier to convince her to divorce you and come to a settlement, which you have a lawyer drawn up.

If you both agree, it is simply a question of going to any amphur in Thailand together and sign the divorce register. At that time you can also enter any legal agreement regarding the division of assets and within 30 minutes you are divorced.

If she doesn't agree, it will be a lengthy process and cost a lot more than a ticket to Thailand.

Under Thai law there is no alimony, you only split up what you gained during the marriage (including debts). All what you had before the marriage is left out.

As I said. I have absolutely no way of contacting her. She's dissapeared off the face of the earth. There are no assets, no children. I have no assets in the UK and none in Thailand.

Try to track her down trough her family, otherwise it will be a more lengthy and costly process f going to court, while divorce at the amphur in Thailand is free.

Contact a citizens advise bureau for more info about divorce in the UK.