How Do You Use Thaivisa?

villagefarang

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there are any notifications indicated in red at the top, I give them a look first. But mainly I jump to 'items I have participated in' and after that 'new content'. I rarely have a need to go to subfora because anything new should be in new content. unless I have been away for a while.

Sometimes I will have a question I need answered and I start a thread, and usually I get a good answer quickly.

• Like 1

Mostly for fun but it is the number one place to come when you need a Thai related answer. I have made some seriously good decisions based on info found here. Building my house and the birth of my child in particular.

• Like 1

Yesterday I received this message in a PM .... thumbsup.gif This in part is what was said!!!

"thank you so much i am glad to hear some response from this forum that does not include all the regular bullshit they post"

Nice that he took the time to do for one, and how true ..... from some of the posts we read on some of the forums here..... , I don't think I need to mention which ones! coffee1.gifbah.gifwink.png

I hear some go to see how many Likes they received first thing. biggrin.png

3rd - Check the mods forum for who has been naughty and nice. wink.png

I didn't know the nice ones are also mentioned in the mods forum................I must be in there a lot. Not?

Don't understand why anyone needs to " check " his likes, mine are automatically displayed at the top right hand of the page.

As for my usage of the forum, I constantly switch between the new content, have that page in my favorites toolbar, and the my content page and take it from there. Rarely will go straight to a certain forum, unless I want to start a thread of my own.

Edited by jbrain

I use TVF for dating purposes. So many members are incredibly desirable what with their being successful, hansum etc.

Send me a photo.

I presume you are female.

If not, do you look female?

I have loads of Phronesis unused incidentals.

I use it primarily to catch up with what is happening in Thailand, secondly I am often entertained by the reactions of the foreigners living here to political happenings, the polarisation of the expat community in relation to the domestic political situation here always amazes me, and I wonder if those who have a strong affinity to a particular political party here in Thailand also have equally strong views in thier country of origin.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I first found Thaivisa when searching for info on pool maintenance supplies in Thailand. Since leaving the kingdom I like to scroll through the New Content section for some light entertainment and to also keep informed on the latest happenings in the LOS.

While watching a Charlie Rose interview last night, they repeated the old actors adage about giving a man a mask and he will tell you the truth. Clearly meant to speak to an actor wearing the mask of a character and the way it frees one to go places you can’t in real life, yet I see a correlation to the online world.

When I first took on the title of VF, I thought we were different entities but I have come to see that VF is the more honest and truthful of my persona. So I agree, you can learn a lot from these pages, about people and what is really going on under that mask of civility they don in polite society.

• Like 1

VF ... interesting that you say that and maybe you and I are a little the same in life.

With me ... there is nothing here that I write that I wouldn't say to your face ... while we share a beer of course ... drunk.gif

Plus, like many things in life ... it's not what you say ... it's how you say it ... cool.png

I was never an SAS, Green Beret or the like ... but I was a Rugby Prop and people tend not to hang sh*it on me face to face. Plus, having been a salesman in a previous life ... the BS Filter is quite intact.

To a point, give people a chance to shine and the goodness is there ... just a little deeper in some then others ... biggrin.png

BTW ... I am still using TVF in a new way, thanks to this thread ... thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Continuing on from my last entry, one thing I have found revealing about posters here is the willingness, even eagerness, to acknowledge a proclivity toward violence. Whether or not they actually resort to physical thuggery to supplement their perhaps limited verbal skills, or simply boast about it, it is clear that a brutal and primitive darkness lurks in the hearts of many posters here.

Physical violence has never been a part of my life, but it is educational to be exposed to the thoughts of people who are proud of such behavior. It is amazing what one can learn by paying attention to how people say things and not just what they say.

Edit: Just babbling.thumbsup.gif

Edited by villagefarang

An 'out of the box' way to use Thai Visa ... as a social network ... w00t.gif

Here, you tend to read others comments and get a fair idea as to the substance of the man (or lady) ... some of these guys you go on to meet in real life.

About this time last year, I did that and I bought my gf to that get-together and he his.

Those two girls are now firm friends ... and I couldn't be happier ... biggrin.png

• Like 2

An 'out of the box' way to use Thai Visa ... as a social network ... w00t.gif

Here, you tend to read others comments and get a fair idea as to the substance of the man (or lady) ... some of these guys you go on to meet in real life.

About this time last year, I did that and I bought my gf to that get-together and he his.

Those two girls are now firm friends ... and I couldn't be happier ... biggrin.png

The Local Community Forums are quite good for social networking. Chiang Rai organizes or announces several different kinds of get-togethers as well. Often the women get on better than the guys do.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I don't use Thai Visa. It uses me. I provide content for free to support their advertising revenue.

How true.

I feel abused and used sometimes.

Then I see someone is psycho analising me in stealth mode.

I thought I could feel something.

I guess my backtracking tendencies have been developed on my blog and have been carried over to the forum. I can appreciate that many do not give a second thought to profiles. They are perhaps more important in other social media.

For example, I don’t read other blogs as a rule but I am interested to know who is reading me and how they found me, so I will follow their links to find out who they are and what their relationship is with Thailand.

I have ended up following several people, not for their content, but to watch their progress as their relationship with Thailand grows.

I appreciate all the answers given so far.wai.gif

I've been using TV for quite a while and still learning the ins and outs. After your suggestions just learned some more uses from the "my content" page. Thanks. Curious how people can add those active video/youtube clips to their posts. Then maybe some of mine would be more entertaining or useful. Or not

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

It might be age catching up with me but lately I have been finding it difficult to remember how to post new content on Thai visa Life would be much easier if there was a simple button on the top of the page with a heading post new content as is with view new content. Today I have given up on trying to remember how to post new content its got me feeling very frustrated !!!!! no wise cracks please !