How Do You Use Thaivisa?

villagefarang

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

99% for entertainment! rolleyes.gif

1% for factual information.

"A quick glance at my profileviews and like count" VF, I thought you were above that?? whistling.gif

Apparently not.biggrin.png While numbers are not the most important thing, they are none the less interesting to look at in conjunction with direct feedback in the form of comments and emails. So just a very small part of the picture but, yes, I do look.thumbsup.gif

Edited by villagefarang

It is people who I find interesting, so I actually enjoy visiting the profile pages of others. Often there is not much there, but what they don’t tell you directly, you can often find out by checking out their posting history.

It is a quick and easy way to gauge who you are dealing with and what their biases are.wink.png

• Like 1

I use it for the expertise. The I've been there, its not good and this is why you shouldn't in Thailand advice is great!

The arguments and crap stirring gets too much sometimes but that's human nature.

• Like 2

First I check to see if I have any notifications.

Then I go to 'New Content'

I then look for any topic that I believe I can give an informed view or advice and hope that it will help someone.

Secondly to read topics that seem interesting in the hope it will increase my general knowledge.

Sometimes I will use the forum to ask for advice or to post a joke.

• Like 1

I hear some go to see how many Likes they received first thing. biggrin.png

1st - go to My Content to check responses in topics I have posted.

2nd - View new content go get an overview of what is currently going on

3rd - Check the mods forum for who has been naughty and nice. wink.png

4th- and yes, I check my likes to get a pulse on how well my actions are received and an overview of how members perceive my style and information and adjust accordingly if necessary.

5th - repeat 1-4 throughout the day when time permits

I rarely visit profile pages unless there is an issue.

Same here except for the mods forum. Feel free to grant me access so we can have the same routine tongue.png

• Like 1

A lot of the time I will wander around having a look. There can be some great fun and games going on in TV. Bickering and bitchiness can be fun to watch laugh.png

Sometimes I need a little help with something and I'll ask for that.

Other times I'll help where I can, especially when I've been there and done that.

In general, the main news section is okay but not something I am really into.

I've never yet checked my profile page, or so rarely I have forgotten when I loast might have checked it.

If someone has made a good post or said something I agree with, I get my liked that button clicking.

I think there is something here for all of us.

• Like 2

I start from "Streetcowboy's Content"; I dread the day I log on and it says "Streetcowboy's grumpy". First, I'll follow up any notifications, and PMs.

I then rejoin whatever petty bickering I've been involved in, and look glumly on as the comments that I considered witty fall flat on their facile faces.

Then I'll maybe check The Pub and General, and Out the Box. I rarely go to the other fora, as people there seem easily offended; and often have very sharp axes they've been grinding for years. Mostly I only meet such people if a thread I'm embroiled in gets moved from General, although sometimes I follow up an interesting link in the e-mail circulars, and find myself knee-deep in the News forum.

I rarely go to anyone's Profile, except by accident, as I think few people post much information on their profiles.

SC

• Like 2

Usually I have a look at the PM's first, then the Visa and Farming Forums ... my 2 major areas of interest. Plus the Plane Spotting Thread if there has been any updates.

Unless, it's the wee hours of a week-end morning and a mate of mine is commenting on the Football ... it gets lonely in that commentating box, especially if he is surrounded by Tigers.

I never would have thought to look at it the way the Mod Tywais does by ...

I just did that for the first time ... and I liked it.

VF ... you may have changed my habits for the betterment ... wai.gif

• Like 1

I guess my backtracking tendencies have been developed on my blog and have been carried over to the forum. I can appreciate that many do not give a second thought to profiles. They are perhaps more important in other social media.

For example, I don’t read other blogs as a rule but I am interested to know who is reading me and how they found me, so I will follow their links to find out who they are and what their relationship is with Thailand.

I have ended up following several people, not for their content, but to watch their progress as their relationship with Thailand grows.

I appreciate all the answers given so far.wai.gif

I use it only to get other people upset.

Joke aside,

Most of the time to engage in discussions, because one can learn a lot and it is refreshing to have a discussion with other people (whether I'm wrong or not).

Also find a lot of useful information here, since all the members together represent a huge knowledge base really.

• Like 1

I never would have thought to look at it the way the Mod Tywais does by ...

I just did that for the first time ... and I liked it.

VF ... you may have changed my habits for the betterment ... wai.gif

My underlying motivation for this topic was to get people thinking about how they use this forum and perhaps expose them to some ideas and techniques they may not have tried.

Whatever else expires on this thread I want to thank you David48 for fulfilling my wish.wai.gif

• Like 1

Read more often than log in - way more often. That helps decide it the topic is really worth responding to.

General, then Isaan forums. Sometimes Chiang Mai & occasionally Bangkok. Others only if I'm looking for something in a particular area.

• Like 1