Thai Food Courts Will Be Asked To Keep Dishes From Getting More Expensive

webfact

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Portion will get smaller, or the food will be terrible. I went last Saturday to Big C next to Central Bangna.... It was the first time at that food court, and I had the worst food ever. It was anything but food. The wife and daughter could not eat, and we moved to Central food court.... It is more expensive but at least we could eat...

I used to live near there for 6 years and we only went into that food court once, that was once too many, central is not much better. The problem there is the food varies too much from one day to another. When prices go up I never saw them rise. by 1 or two baht it's always 5 baht for some reason. I think the best food court is a MBK, they have a great indian selection.

Hmmmm. Now the government wants to ask to freeze the cost per plate just after they legislate a wage increase for tbe the people who wash those plates. What dod they think would happen?

sent from my mobile

Would you please get to the part where you off yourselves. That or get some much needed medication. The food tastes bad, the gov't is sh.t, 'they' don't spend their money as 'I' would have them spend it. You make Archie Bunker look cheery. If you be farang and you live here, why not act like the guest that you are?

Just a thought biggrin.png

we are not guests here we have to pay to stay.

just sayingwai2.gif

I agree with you (but don't tell the other kids)

Just the govt putting out announcements for public consumption with little to no reality of it coming true. I expect food court owners will say my raw food and labor costs are going up so my prices must go up also....that reminds me, time for the quarterly price increase on the menu.. Or maybe I will keep the price of my noodles the same by downsizing the bowl of noodles to a cup of noodles...then I could also tell the govt I'm not raising the price of my noodles...genius.

how about asking Starbucks not to charge 145 Thai baht for a large frappachino?

Thailand the land of the rich get richer and the poor keep getting screw_ed

Then again it was mostly the poor that voted this Gov;t in

How about asking Thais not to shop at Starbucks... makes far more sense to me.

Also, how about putting the small vendors in touch with the police regarding those dogs. They would be cheaper than chips...

You'll never find a decent hot dog at a food court.

Pretty typical of the people who crack the whips (or who fail to) to go to the lower echelons and tell them "don't raise your prices even though we're raising ours... PLEASE? Coz we want to steal more money than you... carry on!"

What this government fails to realise though, is that there is a point to where the brain-rotting education system has little effectiveness. I believe that telling the locals to operate at a loss is where they should draw the line -- especially since corruption has been widely adopted by Thais on all levels.

A spokesman for superstores and Malls quoted that "all have agreed that, in their food courts, the price of dishes will not go up - only the price of food in the dishes will increase!"

That made me laugh rather embarrassingly in public...

• Like 1

Would you please get to the part where you off yourselves. That or get some much needed medication. The food tastes bad, the gov't is sh.t, 'they' don't spend their money as 'I' would have them spend it. You make Archie Bunker look cheery. If you be farang and you live here, why not act like the guest that you are?

>Would you please get to the part where you off yourselves. That or get some much needed medication. The food tastes bad, the gov't is sh.t, 'they' don't spend their money as 'I' would have them spend it. You make Archie Bunker look cheery. If you be farang and you live here, why not act like the guest that you are?

Perhaps if the people representing the hosts weren't so bad, the guest wouldn't be complaining so much.

And before you launch into a go home if you don't like it. Consider this, maybe its in the hosts interest to change, rather than asking the guest to leave, especially with ASEAN around the corner.

Just a thought. biggrin.png

But you do realise that ASEAN is just another excuse for the government to pilfer more from the mind-controlled population? I bet they're going to introduce new legislation -- maybe even a 'foreign languages' tax to pay for 'better English education' in schools...

The stalls claim to have made the raise because they were affected by the cooking gas price.

???

Is this the same cooking gas that I now pay 320 baht for, that was 300 baht about 10 years ago?

You're paying way too much whistling.gif Only joking.

Price I pay is 300 Baht, up from 285

A bottle of gas lasts us about 6 to 8 weeks cooking for a family of 4. The 15 baht increase when considered in extra cost per meal is insignificant. Blaming a 5 baht increase on the price of a meal because of the increase in cooking gas cost is totally ridiculous.

Many of the Mall food courts have ridiculous prices and lousy food. Smaller courts, and private "food shops", still can be found, offering great food in the 30~40 baht range.

Here are a couple of 35 baht offerings ....

post-84869-0-39870100-1367929421_thumb.j

post-84869-0-12722800-1367929433_thumb.j

>>Would you please get to the part where you off yourselves. That or get some much needed medication. The food tastes bad, the gov't is sh.t, 'they' don't spend their money as 'I' would have them spend it. You make Archie Bunker look cheery. If you be farang and you live here, why not act like the guest that you are?

lockquote>

Perhaps if the people representing the hosts weren't so bad, the guest wouldn't be complaining so much.

And before you launch into a go home if you don't like it. Consider this, maybe its in the hosts interest to change, rather than asking the guest to leave, especially with ASEAN around the corner.

Just a thought. biggrin.png

But you do realise that ASEAN is just another excuse for the government to pilfer more from the mind-controlled population? I bet they're going to introduce new legislation -- maybe even a 'foreign languages' tax to pay for 'better English education' in schools...

Or add another price column for 'English speaking server':

-Thai price = x

-Farang price = x+

-English speaking server = x++

Edited by scorecard

Raising the minimum wage didn't cause inflation. That's down to those business-owning, hi-so, elite, yellow-shirted, democrat-voting, noodle cart owners putting up prices to maintain their outrageous profit margins.

Edited by OzMick
  • Like 1

Are you on a 'lemon' diet? Farangs who live in Thailand and contribute to Thai economy and society are prevented by the government from joining Thai society and are kept apart as 'guests'. This is to deprive them of any benefits or rights that citizens enjoy and not the choice of the farang. The only true 'guests' in Thailand are tourists. You seem to have sided with the racist government to put down an already put down segment of Thai society which is the farang who have joined Thai society in every way but name. BTW no one on this forum has any impact on your life or the running of the Thai government; they are just using the forum to vent or express their opinion. You have a problem with people having a forum to express their opinion? If you do, you can 'get a life of your own' or leave.
  • Like 2

Are you on a 'lemon' diet? Farangs who live in Thailand and contribute to Thai economy and society are prevented by the government from joining Thai society and are kept apart as 'guests'. This is to deprive them of any benefits or rights that citizens enjoy and not the choice of the farang. The only true 'guests' in Thailand are tourists. You seem to have sided with the racist government to put down an already put down segment of Thai society which is the farang who have joined Thai society in every way but name. BTW no one on this forum has any impact on your life or the running of the Thai government; they are just using the forum to vent or express their opinion. You have a problem with people having a forum to express their opinion? If you do, you can 'get a life of your own' or leave.

How you got to "you seem to have sided with the racist government..",etc. has me reading and rereading my post. I'm actually asking myself have I chosen a side and forgot to tell me? True, I think the the current PM is attractive and the former PM is handsome, but actually choosing a side...well, gosh! No, I haven't chosen a side since dodge ball in the third grade. And the thought of choosing a racist side. Respectfully, I think you need to check your math.

Furthermore, the only difference between me pitching a bitch at other members and you dressing me down, is I would never think of or suggest that a member leave. What you need to know is that I have a heavy dislike partisan politics, most especially the kind that comes wrapped up in talking points day after day after day after... He shouldn't skype. He dodged the draft. She's a puppet and on and on and on. But! I reserve the right to let everyone know when I am on the rag. And you can be sure that my targets are more than capable to blowing me off. I'm not going to lecture you on the merits of free speech, because I know you know its value and that you have a life and don't need me to talk down to you.

You have come to the aid of the oppressed. Today you are a man. Well done Timmy!

------

Since I respect what you have to say, even when it hurts, I would like to ask, is it just me, or do you feel the need, to put commas, like everywhere,,,? I really like'em.

Edited by mamypoko

The stalls claim to have made the raise because they were affected by the cooking gas price.

???

Is this the same cooking gas that I now pay 320 baht for, that was 300 baht about 10 years ago?

You're paying way too much whistling.gif Only joking.

Price I pay is 300 Baht, up from 285

A bottle of gas lasts us about 6 to 8 weeks cooking for a family of 4. The 15 baht increase when considered in extra cost per meal is insignificant. Blaming a 5 baht increase on the price of a meal because of the increase in cooking gas cost is totally ridiculous.

Exactly.

re. the price - I live in Phuket. 'Nuff said! sad.png