Pattaya Police Sweep Sex Workers From Beach Road

Rimmer

Pattaya Police Sweep Sex Workers From Beach Road
About three dozen freelance prostitutes were arrested along Beach Road during a police sweep. They were fined and released after their information was logged on police files. The Pattaya police station commander said such arrests will be made regularly to help prevent crimes against tourists.

PATTAYA – May 7, 2013 [PDN]; At 12:30 a.m., more than 20 police officers and civil volunteers made a sweep along Pattaya Beach Road to remove all the prostitutes. The sweep was directed by Pol. Capt. Wisanu Chaisuwarn, vice suppression inspector, Pattaya police station.
Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/05/07/pattaya-police-sweep-sex-workers-from-beach-road/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-05-07

" The drugging and robbing of unsuspecting tourists have usually involved transgender hookers, so the police are cracking down on them to discourage the dishonest ones. Police recorded the personal information of the trannies to find them more easily if they commit crimes."

From the last story about a sweep of beach road sex workers back in November.

Even the police know, cut the trannies, cut the crime...... No tranny percentages were given on this latest sweep.

I sometimes sit along the esplanade with my wife in the evening and watch the going's on. I've often wondered what would happen if I ducked across the road to a 7Eleven and this police squad saw her sitting on her own.

Surely they need actual proof that the girls are working before they arrest them? What am I saying... of course not - the girls have no rights here.

I sometimes sit along the esplanade with my wife in the evening and watch the going's on. I've often wondered what would happen if I ducked across the road to a 7Eleven and this police squad saw her sitting on her own.

Surely they need actual proof that the girls are working before they arrest them? What am I saying... of course not - the girls have no rights here.

They probably wouldn't bother as long as she wasn't sitting with a pensioner giggle.gif

They probably wouldn't bother as long as she wasn't sitting with a pensioner giggle.gif

She probably would be actually. They'd be onto her like a ton of bricks the moment I turned my back.... come to think of it, she'd be with a pensioner before I turn my back (me). They'd probably question her sitting next to me.

Edited by tropo

She probably would be actually. They'd be onto her like a ton of bricks the moment I turned my back.... come to think of it, she'd be with a pensioner before I turn my back (me). They'd probably question her sitting next to me.

You got my point biggrin.png

biggrin.png

You got my point biggrin.png

Yep. She'll be sitting with pensioners any way you cut it. The problem is that I still don't see myself as a pensioner - and neither would you if you saw me.

Edited by tropo

I have marvelled at this zoo of humanity passing by many times sitting on Beach Road. The police don't harass innocent lady Thai sitting on the sandy beach and watching waves of trash beating the shore, just those on the walk waiting to be picked up by a customer. I think they get the right people to 99%, making it perfectly clear that the police will always get their cut.

I think they get the right people to 99%, making it perfectly clear that the police will always get their cut.

20 police officers arrested 35 girls who were charged 100 baht each. Not much to cut.

I thought most of these raids were carried out at night time where innocent Thai ladies don't sit and watch the tide from the beach.

They pick on these ladies who offer a 'reasonable' service where you can negotiate the price yet the police do nothing about the deck chair vendors charging excessive amounts, nor about the jet-ski scams.

Easy pickings, targetting these ladies who do not pay protection money.

the girls have no rights here.

the thais will have to claim their rights if they want them, most just smile and do what they are told. Ive saved a few girls from the police and the police got very agrevated, threatened me with arrest and so on, I just said go for it and left with the girl, theres not much they can do if you arent rude to them

the arab spring began when people got tired of giving police tea money, I cant see it happening in thailand

Edited by wwex

the thais will have to claim their rights if they want them, most just smile and do what they are told. Ive saved a few girls from the police and the police got very agrevated, threatened me with arrest and so on, I just said go for it and left with the girl, theres not much they can do if you arent rude to them

the arab spring began when people got tired of giving police tea money, I cant see it happening in thailand

At the end of the day it's a 100 baht fine. How much trouble would an individual girl want to go through to save paying that?

At the end of the day it's a 100 baht fine. How much trouble would an individual girl want to go through to save paying that?
they make the effort to run across the road and hide up a side street, Im not so sure of the 100b fine either, I think its often quite a lot more, unless their services are in demand of course Edited by wwex