Too Many Roosters In Thailand?

I don't know why it is, but even after a country becomes more or less developed, even in the city, there are still plenty of those who continue to raise roosters causing havoc with ones sleep in the morning.

And Thai roosters like most others don't tell time really well so they begin at 4 and end at about 10 and are always really loud.

These things make very poor neighbors in the city. IF you live in Thailand, then you might know something about this subject.

And I am just wondering if anyone else is plagued by this rooster problem?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope....its the big monitor lizards climbing over the back wall from the swamp behind the house which gives me sleepless nights.

Here Here ... rolleyes.gif

girls... never can get enough from me... whistling.gif

Nope....its the big monitor lizards climbing over the back wall from the swamp behind the house which gives me sleepless nights.

There aren't enough Burmese living locally is the trouble.

You do know what the word 'here' means in Thai?

• Like 1

You do know what the word 'here' means in Thai?

Go on David...?

You See???

I told you in another later post.

It is The Guardian that we should rely on to get the straight dope.

The above Chinese chicken video is provided by "The Guardian".

Aren't they some sort of Irish Rag?

The perpetrators?

Guardian-Archive-photo-001.jpg

An advert for the Guardian's centenary issue in 1921

The Manchester Guardian was founded by John Edward Taylor in 1821, and was first published on May 5 of that year. The paper's intention was the promotion of the liberal interest in the aftermath of the Peterloo Massacre and the growing campaign to repeal the Corn Laws that flourished in Manchester during this period. The Guardian was published weekly until 1836 when it was published on Wednesday and Saturday becoming a daily in 1855, when the abolition of Stamp Duty on newspapers permitted a subsequent reduction in cover price (to 2d) allowed the paper to be published daily.

The Guardian achieved national and international recognition under the editorship of CP Scott, who held the post for 57 years from 1872. Scott bought the paper in 1907 following the death of Taylor's son, and pledged that the principles laid down in the founder's will would be upheld by retaining the independence of the newspaper. CP Scott outlined those principals in amuch-quoted article written to celebrate the centenary of the paper: "Comment is free, but facts are sacred... The voice of opponents no less than that of friends has a right to be heard."

After retiring from an active role in managing and editing the paper, Scott passed control to his two sons, John Russell Scott as manager and Edward Taylor Scott as editor. Realising that the future independence of the paper would be jeopardised in the event of the death of one or the other, the two sons made an agreement that in the event of either's death, one would buy the other's share.

CP Scott died in 1932 and was followed only four months later by Edward, so sole ownership fell to JR Scott. Faced with the potential of crippling death duties and the predatory interest of competitors,.....

BLAH, BLAH, ETC, ETC, why bore you?

Read it for yourselves here:

Still-from-trailer-for-Ko-010.jpg

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/video/2013/may/09/konga-clip-video

http://www.guardian.co.uk/

Notice the BIG Ears on this guy?

The better to hear with.

article-2192480-14A9D87F000005DC-470_634

Rodney the rooster can begin his dawn chorus as early as 3.43am and council officials have now served his owners Matt and Carrie Summers with a noise abatement notice

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2192480/Owners-Rodney-rooster-facing-5-000-fine-angry-neighbours-record-crowing-76-times-starting-3-45am.html#ixzz2SnzdlfVZ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Any fool can see there is just no comparison between the Daily Mail and The Guardian, I guess.

OBVIOUSLY, our "COUSINS" over there are publishing plenty of nutty news, too.

Maybe time for a change

Before calcification of our brains sets in.

Computed tomography of the brain showing bilateral basal
ganglia and cerebral calcification.

PC9481.jpg

If it looked anymore like a water melon,

I'd Eat It.

"Notice the BIG Ears on this guy?"

And you people at TV wonder

Why some people have such a hard time

Having their visas processed to a good outcome.

I am surprised that Thailand even lets these guys with big ears into the immigration offices and consular offices and embassies

In the first place.

The rooster in our neighbourhood must have hatched on Pitcairn Island as he starts anything between 7 pm and 11 pm; sometimes just around midnight (most likely he had forgotten to start earlier).

Give a time different of -15 hours it matches!

Don't you just love it when a foreigner complains about the different culture he chooses to live with? If complaining actually did some good, then great. But the lesson I keep getting taught by Thai Buddhism ... taught but still haven't fully learned to do ... is "Don't worry about what you can't change." It's like getting angry and upset because it's raining during your holiday.

Edited by HerbalEd

Don't you just love it when a foreigner complains about the different culture he chooses to live with? If complaining actually did some good, then great. But the lesson I keep getting taught by Thai Buddhism ... taught but still haven't fully learned to do ... is "Don't worry about what you can't change." It's like getting angry and upset because it's raining during your holiday.

I would move before thinking the Thai culture was wrong and going to Thai Visa to solve it.

But as long as I am here.

Does any one know of a way I can get more money without doing any thing for it. It would just appear in my Bank Account automatically every month and because I didn't do any thing to get it I would not be able to explain it.