Folding Chairs With Armrests

Saan

Can anyone please tell me if folding chairs with arm rests are available in Chiang Mai. The type I am looking for comes in a carrying bag. It will come in handy when there are no seats about and Thais gently sink to the ground leaving this stiff kneed falang standing.

I've seen these advertised in Chiang Mai, but not sure where. I'm sure someone will know. They're reasonably cheap as I remember, a bit more than the Made in China ones sold in Australia.

They are a good idea, as I also cannot squat on a beach or lawn any more!

I've bought a couple in Chiang Mai and they both broke, very cheap tubing used for the chairs. One was purchased in a sporting store in Central Plaza (forget the store name) and the other was actually in a small electronic shop just East of Computer City in Icon Square I believe.

I've bought a couple in Chiang Mai and they both broke, very cheap tubing used for the chairs. One was purchased in a sporting store in Central Plaza (forget the store name) and the other was actually in a small electronic shop just East of Computer City in Icon Square I believe.

You are right on! My friends bought some, not sure where, and they bent under the first time used. Mine are quite sturdy, no problems with bending.

On occasion Lotus, Hang Dong road carry them in the camping supplies dept. And the other poster is correct.........they are built for Thai people, not heavy weights.

Over the years I have bought several there. Very convenient for outdoor events.

Jolly Roger

Never had a problem with mine, but then I 'm a slim 70 kg giggle.gif

Or maybe you're the same as my brother, who has a habit of "throwing himself" into chairs laugh.png

Btw, these chairs have got to be the most comfortable outdoor chairs you can buy. Beat the teak garden furniture easily. And come with glass/can/bottle holder in the armrest biggrin.png

Edited by MESmith

Never had a problem with mine, but then I 'm a slim 70 kg giggle.gif

Or maybe you're the same as my brother, who has a habit of "throwing himself" into chairs laugh.png

Btw, these chairs have got to be the most comfortable outdoor chairs you can buy. Beat the teak garden furniture easily. And come with glass/can/bottle holder in the armrest biggrin.png

Given my height if I were 70kg you could fill me full of claret and use me as a thermometer.

I see these chairs advertised on the internet with guarantees of up 160kg. I definitely don't need that by a chair that will support a bit over 100kg would be handy. There are plenty of suitable ones advertised on the internet but the delivery charges are murder.