Australia Paedophiles Planned To Set Up Doll-Making Business In Thailand

webfact

Yeah, I have a bit of a problem with entrapment.

All for them bieng locked away in hell for a day over their lifespan, but, that show in the US which setup people chatting online and then meeting up with possible underage sex offenders, is pushing the limits.

From the view that who is to know if that person would actually go through with it, have second thoughts and say sorry, changed my mind etc. Instead his life is ruined forever.

It's a fine line for sure.

Really? You obviously didn't watch the Dateline show very closely, the women acting as bait would be talking in chat rooms when the guys would start talking to the girls. The guys would start asking questions to find out if the girls were open to the idea of older men. The online chatting usually went on for a few weeks before the guys started talking in very explicit language. Then the guys asked to meet the girls in person. The girls didn't do the soliciting. Then the guys showed up, with condoms, alcohol, drugs, sex toys. You think the guys didn't plan on going through with it?

When I was 25 a 16 year old girl started chatting with me on a chat site, she wanted to get together, as soon as I found out how old she was I told her not to contact me any more. That is what someone in their right mind does, they don't start talking about opening a kids toy business and using the uneducated parents kids.

You are right, the intent is there and I agree with you on all of it.

I am just saying, the carry on behind the keyboard is one thing, actually doing it is another. If they solicit photos, that is another step, but not what I am talking about.

What of the guys that would not actually go through with it, have second thoughts in the heat of the moment etc.

"What of the guys that would not actually go through with it, have second thoughts in the heat of the moment etc."

So you are saying it's ok to 'groom' a child?

Not at all.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I planned a crime one time that I should contact some professionals, and together we should kill everyone in the government.

Kind of scrapped the plan after 1 second, as it was in anger, and I realized how silly it was.

Bet that plan, no mater how well (or poorly) planned it was, would have landed me in prison in some countries.

Sure, I am the ONLY member on TV ever had plans to commit a crime.

tongue.png

Its all about acting upon it and putting it into action me thinks.

Not just thinking about it, otherwise all we boys would be in jail every time a photo of Angelina Jolie popped up.

Or Robblok for JT.

biggrin.png

Entrapment appears to be a favourite way to obtain convictions in America. I recently watched a program where scantily dressed Police women approached men offering sex and enticing them to a motel. When the money was handed over the male police would appear and arrest them. At this stage no sexual act had occurred, but the man would be guilty of procuring a woman for prostitution. How blatently unfair is this.

What a joke that prostitution is illegal in USA, same as Thailand. Entrapment for that is a joke too.

Entrapment for paedophiles I completely agree with. They are always lurking, waiting for their chance.

Children must be absolutely protected, they are our responsibility.

When and if they are released from prison, they will be released on Probation and Parole conditions.

If they want to leave the state on these conditions, they must apply to go to another state. If granted, they will have to supply an address as to where they are staying and for how long, they will be allowed out during daylight hours between specific times. They will also have to report to a Police Stn in that area a minimum of once a day, but usually twice a day and can also have an undetermined visit to the address they have supplied.

They will not be allowed to go to another country whilst on Parole. Except in extenuating circumstances, i.e. death to a direct member of the family of mother, father, brother, sister.

Prostitution is not necessarily illegal in the US. In much of Nevada, for example, it is legal. Prostitution is covered by local laws.

OK, illegal in all but parts of one state out of 50, which is almost all of USA.

And still a joke that it is illegal in that modern civilisation, when something else much more dangerous than sex is as freely available there as buying a tv.

Am I the only one confused by this? Did a crime actually take place or was only talked about?

Notwithstanding my thoughts on how pedophiles should be dealt with (which would earn me an instant ban if aired here), are we now heading down the road toward thought crimes?

Conspiracy to commit a crime is a crime in some countries, I believe.

Gee, I thought everything here was a conspiracy to commit crime, fraud, theft, etc. So if that is so, why have the B.i.B. done nothing to stop it or charge the hi-so crims across the Kingdom?

Boy, if Thailand locked up everyone who made a incriminating statement, the majority of their MP's would be in prison. coffee1.gif

Edited by metisdead
Font, stop using Itallics when posting!

Am I the only one confused by this? Did a crime actually take place or was only talked about?

Notwithstanding my thoughts on how pedophiles should be dealt with (which would earn me an instant ban if aired here), are we now heading down the road toward thought crimes?

Conspiracy to commit a crime is a crime in some countries, I believe.

Gee, I thought everything here was a conspiracy to commit crime, fraud, theft, etc. So if that is so, why have the B.i.B. done nothing to stop it or charge the hi-so crims across the Kingdom?

What has Thailand - or the prevalence of alleged conspiracies you claim - got to do with the prosecution of these guys?

Boy, if Thailand locked up everyone who made a incriminating statement, the majority of their MP's would be in prison.

I'm not aware that Thai MP's for whom I have no particular regard, to say the least) made so many "incriminating statements". But I can't figure out what that has to do with this thread.

With respect, they where conspiring together to commit a crime. And conspiracy to commit a crime, is in it's self a crime.

• Like 1

Yeah, I have a bit of a problem with entrapment.

All for them bieng locked away in hell for a day over their lifespan, but, that show in the US which setup people chatting online and then meeting up with possible underage sex offenders, is pushing the limits.

From the view that who is to know if that person would actually go through with it, have second thoughts and say sorry, changed my mind etc. Instead his life is ruined forever.

It's a fine line for sure.

Your talking about "to catch a predator." Personally, I have no issues with it and the emails show there perverted intentions. We are so worried about ruining lives of these guys who are actually ruining lives of children?

It isn't entrapment, otherwise that old be illegal and they could hire a lawyer to get them off. This isn't Thailand where the law is payed for and corrupt to a degree that pedophiles run rampant without worry.

Those short eyes don't do too well in the US prisons. Many get same treatment they gave the kids.

Any idea what happens in Australian prisons ,as that is where the 3 men in the thread are gonna be residing!?

Actually, we are already well down the road of thought police, been in place for about 5-6 years in the USA and Britain, not sure about Australia. In the USA, once a sex offender completes his sentence, he can be "civilly committed" for what they "think " he will do if released. The committment is for life and he can only be released under a judge's order. Most of the human rights in the USA are built around unlawful "criminal Prosecution" so the government made this a civil law instead which eliminates the accused person's criminal rights such as (1) face your accuser) (2) guilt is not beyond a reasonable doubt but now a preponderance of evidence(3) shrinks opinions are counted as fact even though the psyche profession barely gets more than half of their evaluations right. The issue that scares me is not that the government does this for child molesters, everybody agrees thats okay, its they have the law in place to extend it to other crimes, just as they did with the conspiracy laws which now apply to every two bit criminal but were originally intended only for top mobsters in orgranized crimes under the RICO act back in the 1960s. These and the liberties that we have lost in the USA including the Patriot Act post 9/11. Most of us agree with the intent of these laws, but as Reese Witherspoon found out in Atlanta, our so-called "right" to go about our lives has been severely constricted. So the responder about Minority Report is one I totally agree with. Tthe day when our darkest thoughts or fantasies (please don't deny you have them) are enough to put us in jail is already here, you don't have to discuss them with anybody and its not a crime, its a indicator or mental problems according to the government.

As an Australian living in Thailand, I am not only disgusted, but ashamed to hear about this coming from Australians. Those sick people should stay in Australian prisons, and never come out, especially not be able to come into Thailand. Idiots anyway if they believe they could get in with their criminal record.

ditto ...lock the scoooooom away for life ....kids from ALL countries deserve to be protected

• Like 1

Entrapment appears to be a favourite way to obtain convictions in America. I recently watched a program where scantily dressed Police women approached men offering sex and enticing them to a motel. When the money was handed over the male police would appear and arrest them. At this stage no sexual act had occurred, but the man would be guilty of procuring a woman for prostitution. How blatently unfair is this.

That's happened in England too. A policewoman dressed appropriately and walked up on down in the red light district in a certain town. A curb crawler stopped and negotiated with her, only to be arrested. He was the Chief Constable from another county!

I don't see how it was unfair. He was committing an offence and the woman may well have been a real prostitute.

After all is said and done, the Australian authorities deserve praise for stopping this plot in its tracks. Consider the harm that has been done in the recent case in the US where a series of sex, violence and kidnapping crimes went undetected for around ten years right under the noses of the police, neighbours and victims' families.

After all is said and done, the Australian authorities deserve praise for stopping this plot in its tracks. Consider the harm that has been done in the recent case in the US where a series of sex, violence and kidnapping crimes went undetected for around ten years right under the noses of the police, neighbours and victims' families.

No offense, but that's a useless comparison.

Please explain why you think that.

First of all, you haven't compared this case to anything specific.

Secondly, this case was cracked because 1) they were convicted pedophiles and 2) they were plotting in prison 3) they were recorded on phone calls in the prison.

Show me something even remotely analogous, then I won't call it useless.

Oh, and a series of sex, violence and kidnapping cases going on for 10 years? There's one in the news right now. Can you cite the others in the series?

Can you further cite evidence that similar crimes or worse don't typically occur "right under the noses of police, neighbors and family" in other places or that they have in the cases you allude to?

First of all, you haven't compared this case to anything specific.

Secondly, this case was cracked because 1) they were convicted pedophiles and 2) they were plotting in prison 3) they were recorded on phone calls in the prison.

Show me something even remotely analogous, then I won't call it useless.

The point I made was that, in one case, the offences were prevented from happening and, in the other, serious offences took place because the police didn't detect them earlier.

Edited by Morden

Those short eyes don't do too well in the US prisons. Many get same treatment they gave the kids.

Any idea what happens in Australian prisons ,as that is where the 3 men in the thread are gonna be residing!?

Usually Pedo's like these are in protective custody, usually all pedo's are housed together away from the general prison population