Taking Your Woman For Granted........?

Vinny1967

this isn't just Thailand that it happens, I know of 2 couples where she does absolutely everything...one of my mates is a bit like Jim Royle from the Royle family comedy show. I am from the UK.

to the OP, Thailand can be even worse for people recovering from depression....too much time on your hands to mull things over and the easiness of just getting on the beer, be careful and I wish you well in your recovery

• Like 1

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am amazed at the negative responses here, not one person has thought there could be a reason for what he did, is his wife so desperate for a husband that she will allow this for no reason? I don't think so.

In all the time i have lived in Thailand and came here as a tourist i have never seen or known a Thai woman to put up with this kind of treatment from a farang husband, Thai husbands however are different.

We don't know the story or what happened previously to the OP arriving or what agreements the couple have, it is only assumed that he want's a slave or has a small dick.

I am not saying what he did is right or wrong just we don't know why he did it, if it is bothering the OP why not call him and have a talk with him about why he did it and why you left, what is the wort that can happen you end up no longer friends but that seems to be the case already if you don't.

To the OP good luck with your recovery it hope all goes well.

• Like 1

I am with the OP. If you want a paid servant, then get a paid servant. If you want a wife, then treat her like one. Its a matter of respect in my opinion, and you shouldnt be heavily involved with someone you dont respect.

I know for a fact that if I tried to do what he did with any Irish or UK woman,I'd be on the wrong end of a stiletto shoe.Seems like some people like to take advantage of the thai good nature.

• Like 1

In a traditional Thai household, the women wait on the men.

For all you know, it is something she insisted on doing.

I used to mix with a very traditional family, the men didn't touch drinks bottles, all fetched and poured by the women.

If you dared to pour your own drink, everyone became very upset.

Different cultures and all that.

Vinney and AuntBob have it 100% wrong, in a Thai household, not allowing your women to serve you is a sign of disrespect.

I have my fare share of Thai friends and when at their house their wives dont act anything close to what the OP has stated. Next time I have drinks at their house I will let them know they are not abiding by their culture.

• Like 2

Similar experience, pommy guy tells his wife to do this and that, get beers for him while he sits not 5m away from fridge watching telly. He finishes a glass and she pours him another.

Then he says, how about some chips honey etc.

She just runs about and does as she is told.

Kind of primitive.

• Like 1

In a traditional Thai household, the women wait on the men.

For all you know, it is something she insisted on doing.

I used to mix with a very traditional family, the men didn't touch drinks bottles, all fetched and poured by the women.

If you dared to pour your own drink, everyone became very upset.

Different cultures and all that.

Vinney and AuntBob have it 100% wrong, in a Thai household, not allowing your women to serve you is a sign of disrespect.

This reminds me of a trip to India once. I was at a cousin's home. The men sat down to dinner and were served first. My cousin's six year-old girl brought out the dishes. To show me how he trains his daughters, he admonished her for bringing out a dirty dish. It wasn't dirty and she could see that, but she furtively ran back to get another one. I wasn't even married then, but made a mental note that if I ever had daughters, I would encourage them to argue with me. Respectfully and with logic and facts, but definitely argue.

I've done exactly that, and I'm proud to say that my daughters don't take any BS from anyone. They question everything, stand up for their rights, treat others with fairness and demand fairness in return. Mrs. T worries that they will not find husbands. Good, I say, because the kind of husband they will not find are the kind that are looking for another mother. They don't need that.

T

I think your wife is right, you have come to a foreign country and insisted on your western standards at the expense of your daughters happiness.

Are you really any better than the guy who orders his wife around? Nope, you do it with your daughters.

I do not "impose" upon my daughters to argue with me, or anyone else. I encourage them to stand up for their rights and demand fair treatment while treating others fairly themselves. In what kind of twisted logic could this be construed as a bad thing, detrimental to their futures?

Equality is not a "western standard." It is a universal standard. Where it doesn't exist, it should, and it will, because that is where civilization is rightly headed.

T

Quality. Eloquent, truthful and admirable.

My respect...

Edited by SteeleJoe

What else is she supposed to do if not looking after her husband ?

I think you have some serious issue if you decided to leave just after one day, maybe his wife now thinks she didn't take good care of you and lost a ton of face in the village rolleyes.gif

I just didn't like the way he treated his wife.She's more of a slave than a wife.

Westerners. No understan Tailand. :(

She was probably mortified that the guest left abruptly, probably due to her poor care. :(

• Like 2

Perhaps a poll is in order for this thread. One that is not anonymous so we can ferret out the misogynists.

I wouldn't treat my dogs the way the man in the OP treated his wife. Of course my dogs can't reach the handle on the fridge anyway, so it's a moot point.

But if they could...

• Like 1

I'm proud to say that my daughters don't take any BS from anyone.

I hope they're not being raised in, or living in Thailand.

They are, and they will be fine, but thank you for your concern.

T

I do not "impose" upon my daughters to argue with me, or anyone else. I encourage them to stand up for their rights and demand fair treatment while treating others fairly themselves. In what kind of twisted logic could this be construed as a bad thing, detrimental to their futures?

Equality is not a "western standard." It is a universal standard. Where it doesn't exist, it should, and it will, because that is where civilization is rightly headed.

T

Quality. Eloquent, truthful and admirable.

My respect...

Thank you.

T

-snip-

I wouldn't treat my dogs the way the man in the OP treated his wife. Of course my dogs can't reach the handle on the fridge anyway, so it's a moot point.

As Jerry Seinfeld said, "If aliens landed and saw us walking our dogs and picking up after them, who would they think ran this planet?"

T

Edited by Thakkar
  • Like 1