Rates Of Pay Non-thai

I remember reading awhile ago on here that non-Thai's working in Thailand had to be paid a minimum amount of Baht/year depend on what nationality they were. Does anyone happen to know where I can find this information ?

Thanks

AFAIK USA is 60,000b a month, NZ/Australia 50,000b a month and so on. That is a rough guideline, I suggest you go to the Dept of Labour or ask any lawyer for this info. standard stuff. :o

I remember reading awhile ago on here that non-Thai's working in Thailand had to be paid a minimum amount of Baht/year depend on what nationality they were. Does anyone happen to know where I can find this information ?

Thanks

I've seen that info a couple of places, but don't remember where. If I remember correct (and that's a big if) I can add: 50,000 for (most) Europeans and 45,000 and down for most Asians (depending on country) except Japan, which I think is 55,000 or 60,000. (per month).

However, it isn't so that "non-Thai's working in Thailand has to be paid a minimum amount". You can legally work for free, for that matter.

The amounts mentioned above is the minimum requirements for incountry extensions of stay based on non imm "B" visa and employment (and maybe some other kinds of visa). Many foreigners have jobs here, working for less, but handle the situations by means of 3-monthly visaruns (just ask the teachers).

I remember reading awhile ago on here that non-Thai's working in Thailand had to be paid a minimum amount of Baht/year depend on what nationality they were.

There is no minimum salary to receive a work permit and to work.

There is a minimum salary by nationality for those who wish to have an "Extension of Stay".

This means that as long as you're ok with visa runs every 3 months there is no set minimum. The only restriction is that your salary will be at least what you state in the WP application.

I don't seem to understand this very well.

For example, for somebody who works for a Thai government organization, does that mean that the organization is obliged to pay them 60,000 baht a month, or in some cases more? For example, a government hospital or university?

I don't seem to understand this very well.

For example, for somebody who works for a Thai government organization, does that mean that the organization is obliged to pay them 60,000 baht a month, or in some cases more? For example, a government hospital or university?

I very much doubt it.

I know a guy who taight at Thammasat for a lot less than the required amount for his nationality and he used to point this out a lot!

I think Govt workers may be exempt.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I believe private employers can pay below but the employee has to pay tax on the minimum requirement for his nationality.