90 Day Reporting

eljuwa

Hello Forum Members

My 90 day reporting to Thai Immigration comes up in July 2013

Your input on the following:

1) Would there be BY MAIL REPORTING in Chiang Mai before July 2013 ?

2) If I have to go in person to Thai Immigration prior to 22 July, how much earlier could I go?

3) If I get to Thai Immigration, Chiang Mai by 6 AM, is that sufficient for me to avoid the long lines for 90 day reporting ?

Thanks very much

James

Best bet is to contact Assist Thai Visa in Chiang Mai. They will do all your 90 day reports for you for 1000 baht per year.

http://assistthaivisa.com/about.html

Answer to when you can report it's one week prior or after your report day.

As for getting there to avoid the rush----forget it.

Best bet is to contact Assist Thai Visa in Chiang Mai. They will do all your 90 day reports for you for 1000 baht per year.

And we're off again!!......at the first furlong mark it's........ biggrin.png

• Like 1

Is Chiang Mai really as bad as that? At Jomtien I rarely wait more than 10 to 15 minutes to do the 90 day report. What makes the waits at the CM office so bad?

Hi James no need to go at 6 in the morning, I always go between 3-4, as their are a lot

less people, you should find parking,and you should be in and out quickly.

You can go 7days before or after the date that is stamped on the paper you get from

immigration,but I always go a day or two before,I have never done it by post,as I don't

want any problems with paperwork been lost.

regards Worfeordie

If you go at 6:00 in the morning you will have a two and a half hour wait for the office to open. The longest I have ever waited is one hour and 35 minutes. I went in at 10:30 in the morning. If you have your papers in order any one can take them in for you. My friend just sends his wife.

As has been mentioned http://assistthaivisa.com/about.html will do it for 1,000 baht a year. I have heard and unsubstantiated rumor that it is now 1,500 baht a year.

I think Chiang Mai is more over run with Burmese than Pattaya in fact I heard that in Pattaya the Burmese go to another location.

If you decide to do it your self don't let the crowd scare you most of them are there for other reasons.

Good Luck with what ever you choose to do.

It is only a five minute walk to the airport mall. The wife and I usually make it a day to take in a movie or do any other shopping that needs doing.

I can't believe there's another thread running!

Oh yes you can.....oh no you cant.....oh yes you can.

Should only allow one new related thread every 90 days!

laugh.png And there should be a queue in order to post.....only between 0830 & 1600..

I usually wander in about 10.30 and wander out by 11.30 at the latest, no big deal and usually meet one or two interesting people while i'm waiting.

As little as 5 years back in-out 5 minutes. Only memories now.

No, no, there are lots of people in and out in 10-15 minutes. True it's not 5 minutes, but look at the other thread and watch this one.....you will see loads of hints on how to be in and out fast. rolleyes.gif

No, no, there are lots of people in and out in 10-15 minutes. True it's not 5 minutes, but look at the other thread and watch this one.....you will see loads of hints on how to be in and out fast. rolleyes.gif

Go to immigration at 3:15 in the afternoon on a Wednesday that is not a holiday and not right before or right after a holiday and pray that everyone else does not use the same strategy.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

Quick question - do you have to make the 90 day report in your hometown. ie if you reside in CM and come the 90 days find yourself in BKK, Khon Kaen or wherever, can you do the report there??

Ignore some of the multi posters they don't do it themselves they pay to have it done.

The other thread has been hijacked into a discussion on any thing and every thing by some posters who don't go in it was getting pretty hard to find some real experience on it.

• Like 1

I can't believe there's another thread running!

Oh yes you can.....oh no you cant.....oh yes you can.

I know, I think Tywais should have locked it after his pointer post smile.png

Ok since it is open, I just got a email from Thai assist

saying they now sell health insurance & anyone buying a policy

gets free 90 day reports for a year.

A foreigner has been hired to deal with that department.

Named Andrew Williams

Have to admit their industrious & working an area that seems to have business smile.png