The "tip" Box

Having recently seen that each sitting staff member @ the DTAC shop in Big C each has a (English only) "Tip Box" in front of their desks I'm curious as to where else regular contributors to Samui board have seen such boxes, inc the more inappropriate.

Disclaimer: this isn't a 'tipping" thread per se, nor are the usual outlets(Food/Bars/Accm) expected to be included.

Edited by evadgib

The staff in the DTAC shop are useless.

I didn't notice the tip boxes when I was there (and I spent a lot of time there trying to resolve problems) but they would not have got a tip from me.

It is solely due to the inept, untrained 'kids' they employ there in Big C DTAC that I 'ported' my number to AIS in Tesco where they have trained professional staff who are helpful, knowledgeable and smile.

Even insisting to them I wanted to port my number was almost beyond their comprehension and took ages to do.

It cost me 1200 baht in charges, they said.

I have no idea(nor could they explain), what the charges were for, but I had to pay.

(I had an English speaking Thai with me at the time, so language was no barrier).

Disgraceful.

If you thought the service was bad just write on a piece of paper 'Tip for DTAC, please train your staff to a higher standard' and place it in the 'tip' box.

What would be the point of that?

Same staff would open the box and throw it away when they shared out their 25 satang coins.