In Need Of Expertise- Educational Visa

My wife and I have signed up and payed for thai language school here in Bangkok for the next year. We are both 39 and American citizens. Upon signing up, they started the paperwork to get our educational visa stuff going. This was about 3 weeks ago. We currently have two days left on our 30 day extensions of our second entries of our double entry 60 day tourist visas. We need to head out the day after tomorrow (May 15th). Here's the tricky part. The paperwork isn't back yet for our tourist visas. It could be another few more days from what I understand. What can we do?

Cross a border and return for 15 day visa exempt entry.  Daily van/bus service all inclusive from Bangkok to Cambodia for about 2,000 baht.

For some reason I was under the impression that we needed to have a current visa at the time we left the country to apply for the ED visa. If we simply do a border run getting a 15 day stamp, will we still be eligible for the ED visa?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

You get the ED visa from a Consulate outside Thailand AFAIK so will require another run to obtain. Do not believe any part time language school can convert stay (if that is what you are talking about).

• Like 1