! Eurovision 2013 !

Recovering now from the overwhelming excitement of Eurovision 2013!

The Danish song never connected with me but I get why it won. Easy to get that.

Interestingly the Birds Horror Show song is no longer haunting me, and the ONE song that has stuck for me is the simple Hungarian song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qc_WAeIlbhE

The Greek song remains my favorite but it doesn't stick in the brain (not simple enough).

I've only watched about 4 or 5 Eurovisions so far and this last one was the BEST by far for me. Dramatically so.

For those who have been watching it all their life, was it as good as it seemed to me?

In previous recent years I was pretty amazed at how crappy most of the songs were.

Plus the Swedish presentation was so much more entertaining than ... Azerbaijan!

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truly enjoyed the show too! Saw it via Thaiexpattv - and while the best song DID win, I really liked the Malta song too. Very surprised about the Greek song even getting into the finals! What a bizarro song! Lol! Political votes...

Really liked the Dutch song and agree it can really get stuck in the head! Not a typical Eurovision song of course - so did not win.

Finally I was surprised to see the Irish song do THAT bad. Was a bit cheesy but good melody and active staging for sure.

Cheers!

Agree the Malta song was very cute. But making an "IT guy" a romantic figure was too much of a stretch. Can't agree the Greek song got that far over politics. It was entered as a novelty song with no chance of winning but it was genuinely entertaining. Agree the Irish song wasn't as bad as the vote count for sure.

Edited by Jingthing