Er6N Abs Can You Disable It?

I have a 2012 er6n abs, I have read somewhere that it is possible to fit a switch to the abs fuse so you can turn it off and on at will. I can't find any info on this, I don't want to permanently disable it ( abs is useful especially coming into low season) but would like to turn it off in certain situations. Any advice or knowledge would be gratefully received, as there must be people who have done this for so track bikes etc.

Pull out the ABS fuse and test it. Can be done this way on cars so no reason it won't work on bikes. If it works, you can cut the ABS wire and wire a switch inline.

Note: you may get CEL going this route so make sure you turn it back on every once in a while to check if CEL goes away. If you have some other engine issue and CEL is on at all times, you won't know it untill too late.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Pull out the ABS fuse and test it. Can be done this way on cars so no reason it won't work on bikes. If it works, you can cut the ABS wire and wire a switch inline.Note: you may get CEL going this route so make sure you turn it back on every once in a while to check if CEL goes away. If you have some other engine issue and CEL is on at all times, you won't know it untill too late.Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thank you so much for your help, sorry for being stupid but what is cel?

• Like 1

I would like to know why you want to disable the ABS. I think it is a great feature. Thanks

He probably wants to go off road.

What worries me is people commenting they feel so safe with ABS when leaned over going around bends.

I would like to know why you want to disable the ABS. I think it is a great feature. Thanks

What worries me is people commenting they feel so safe with ABS when leaned over going around bends.

Knee down Kwasaki they should call you!!

:D

biggrin.png

Not anymore I wouldn't bounce very well these days but that's why I like the ABS in a straight line especially in the wet.

• Like 1

Posted Image

Not anymore I wouldn't bounce very well these days but that's why I like the ABS in a straight line especially in the wet.

I will lend you some padding if you like?

:D

I would like to know why you want to disable the ABS. I think it is a great feature. ThanksSent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I would like the ability to turn it on and off at will, I agree it can be a great feature especially when wet however in the dry in certain conditions I believe it is a disability too. In over twenty years of riding this is my first abs equipped bike, and never needed it before. I am not bashing technology but I want the power to choose when I need it, ie the wet