Let's Be Honest - It Was *never* The Temples ....

I guess that just shows what a culture vulture, well travelled, read and educated boy you are.

As the man said, some think with their brains, others with their penis - but blood pressure can't supply both at the same time.

• Like 1

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seems to me the man who goes thousands of km's to get laid days/weeks/lifes in ruins.

Depends. I see it as expanding one's horizons and aspiring to be more of a Roger Moore 007 than a Dirty Harry.

or more of a Woody Allen than a Mr. Bean?

Woody Allen and Soon-Yi Previn

The odds were against a relationship between a 56-year-old man and the 21-year-old daughter of his longtime girlfriend surviving. But lo and behold, Woody and Soon-Yi are still together

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/now/woody-allen-mia-farrow-scandal-20-years-later-215205490.html

This is good. Are you two still living in Thailand? If so, visit some temples. I am not saying that you should pray about it, but where I come from, many couples do often go to the Temples in Taiwan and do pray for continuance of their relationship, or for better relationships, and often about love affairs gone well or awry.

We wish you well of course because a good relationship can provide happiness. My advice? Move to CM. This is a great place and also conducive, I think, to maintaining a lasting relationship. But that is of course only my opinion and you may have another perhaps.

I don't believe Valentines Day is In March here though.

Is it?

Edited by OldChinaHam

One Night in Bangkok

[THE AMERICAN]
Bangkok, Oriental setting
And the city don't know that the city is getting
The creme de la creme of the chess world in a
Show with everything but Yul Brynner

Time flies -- doesn't seem a minute
Since the Tirolean spa had the chess boys in it
All change -- don't you know that when you
Play at this level there's no ordinary venue

It's Iceland -- or the Philippines -- or Hastings -- or --
or this place!

[COMPANY]
One night in Bangkok and the world's your oyster
The bars are temples but the pearls ain't free
You'll find a god in every golden cloister
And if you're lucky then the god's a she
I can feel an angel sliding up to me

[THE AMERICAN]
One town's very like another
When your head's down over your pieces, brother

[COMPANY]
It's a drag, it's a bore, it's really such a pity
To be looking at the board, not looking at the city

[THE AMERICAN]
Whaddya mean? Ya seen one crowded, polluted, stinking town --

[COMPANY]
Tea, girls, warm, sweet
Some are set up in the Somerset Maugham suite

[THE AMERICAN]
Get Thai'd! You're talking to a tourist
Whose every move's among the purest
I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine

[COMPANY]
One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble
Not much between despair and ecstasy
One night in Bangkok and the tough guys tumble
Can't be too careful with your company
I can feel the devil walking next to me

[THE AMERICAN]
Siam's gonna be the witness
To the ultimate test of cerebral fitness
This grips me more than would a
Muddy old river or reclining Buddha

And thank God I'm only watching the game -- controlling it --

I don't see you guys rating
The kind of mate I'm contemplating
I'd let you watch, I would invite you
But the queens we use would not excite you

So you better go back to your bars, your temples, your massage
parlours --

[COMPANY]
One night in Bangkok and the world's your oyster
The bars are temples but the pearls ain't free
You'll find a god in every golden cloister
A little flesh, a little history
I can feel an angel sliding up to me

http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/chesslondon/onenightinbangkok.htm

Hard to answer someone who has made up everyones mind for them based on your own reasons for going.

The friends that I have darn...

None of them come here for reasons other than women...

But they also talk about the food, beaches and all...

But next time I see them, I will ask what it is to them that is paramount....

A great bunch of comments, dreamed of Ankor Wat, but Thailand was boring?

I have a friends of all ages and nationalities here. Thailand has it all, unlike Ankor Wat and Cambodia. We have sports, restaurants, climate, cost of living benefits, and that is before mentioning that a young guy, that was not getting much action at home, becomes a chic magnet here, and as an aging guy that used to get top shelf in his younger days, now he has to go for the triple divorced mother of 4 ( who wants another house to add to her portfolio ), and also we have the aging guy that has never had quality pussy in his life, but now has loads of cash, he can now be the handsome man. Thailand is as good as anywhere, and better than most.

There may be a few guys here for the Islands etc etc, but I have not met them yet.

Do you actually think every male tourist comes to Thailand for the same reason as you?? Sure, for many men the Thai sex industry is a very big draw, but for many more ... I'd say most ... they're not interested in such ... or are, but don't have the courage. I've had many male friends visit me here in BKK and most never take a Thai girl.

onni4me, on 14 May 2013 - 20:35, said:

One Night in Bangkok

It's more like ... "Makes a humble man hard ..." Edited by HerbalEd
  • Like 1

My wife (Canadian) and I will eventually move to Phuket from New York City for: the weather, the beaches, the lack of taxes on offshore investment income, the cost of living, the cost of medical care and the cost of labor (domestic help), When compared to some other possible destinations we prefer the food, Buddhism vs. Islam, and the infrastructure (say, versus a destination like Sri Lanka).

My wife (Canadian) and I will eventually move to Phuket from New York City for: the weather, the beaches, the lack of taxes on offshore investment income, the cost of living, the cost of medical care and the cost of labor (domestic help), When compared to some other possible destinations we prefer the food, Buddhism vs. Islam, and the infrastructure (say, versus a destination like Sri Lanka).

You don't need to convert.

"As the man said, some think with their brains, others with their penis - but blood pressure can't supply both at the same time."

Don't you use a pump?

You Chinese - so ingenious. No wonder there's so many of you.

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 1

So comical... and pathetic.

So many farang sex tourists and resident expats who've obviously encountered only

two things worth remembering (for them) in Thailand -- hookers and temples.

After 26 years in farangland and 26 years in Asia, I chose Chiang Mai for retirement.

Best place I've ever lived, and one reason I like it -- sex tourists generally don't come

here. Chiang Mai has everything a civilized bloke could want, yes, even temples.

Hard to answer someone who has made up everyones mind for them based on your own reasons for going.

The friends that I have darn...

None of them come here for reasons other than women...

But they also talk about the food, beaches and all...

But next time I see them, I will ask what it is to them that is paramount....

Some how I don't think you count a monk as one of your friends.

And excepting those:

• who are Gay
  • who are already married/in a relationship
  • Are women who like men
  • Who find it an affordable relaxing place to live
  • who enjoy Thai culture
  • Don't suffer from involuntary celebacy outside of Thailand.

I think you may have hit Mr Worldwide's problem firmly on his empty head!

I have a friends of all ages and nationalities here. Thailand has it all, unlike Ankor Wat and Cambodia. We have sports, restaurants, climate, cost of living benefits, and that is before mentioning that a young guy, that was not getting much action at home, becomes a chic magnet here, and as an aging guy that used to get top shelf in his younger days, now he has to go for the triple divorced mother of 4 ( who wants another house to add to her portfolio ), and also we have the aging guy that has never had quality pussy in his life, but now has loads of cash, he can now be the handsome man. Thailand is as good as anywhere, and better than most.

There may be a few guys here for the Islands etc etc, but I have not met them yet.

Some might not believe you but I do.

We have a section of town where that is all the men think about.

To be honest you sound like a kid just coming into sexual awareness and bragging to all his friends. It becomes your whole life. Then most people grow up and find out there are many other things in the world they can enjoy and still be satisfied with out it being their whole life. Of course some never grow up and we do get a large share of them here in Thailand Same as Cambodia.

Carry on.rolleyes.gif

You must be very young.

Yes I came here for the women, they are gorgoues! But hey I also came for a well paid job, good lifestyle and far more disposable cash left in my pocket every month than I would have in Sydney.

No I don't go and blow this all on bar girls, that is very very rare. Alas when in need....

It's certainly not the women or the temples for me, but I do enjoy the relatively safe country and friendly people. However, for me it's all about the reliable weather here for staying outdoors, and the interesting places to visit on a continual basis. I actually enjoy the excitement of riding my motorbike in crazy traffic and it certainly keeps me from getting bored. Thailand is a diverse and interesting country that I can afford for months at a time. There aren't many places that I can say that about.

So comical... and pathetic.

So many farang sex tourists and resident expats who've obviously encountered only

two things worth remembering (for them) in Thailand -- hookers and temples.

After 26 years in farangland and 26 years in Asia, I chose Chiang Mai for retirement.

Best place I've ever lived, and one reason I like it -- sex tourists generally don't come

here. Chiang Mai has everything a civilized bloke could want, yes, even temples.

Chaing Mai is a total bore.

To the poster that stated, Thailand has it all, Cambodia only Angkor Wat. Eastern Cambodia quite interesting, especially many yrars ago. Phnom Penh was also an absolutely lovely town until 1996. But Cambodia has its share of issues. Still, it eas crazy exotic.

Angkor Wat - you guys simply do not know the experience. Cost was minimal, no crowds even on weekends, no wood walkeays to clutter your photos, you could hang out, string a hammock, burn a few reefers and just lounge all day listening to the birds. Best of all, much of the best bas reliefs and sculpture has been stolen or ruined by exposure. I have photos of tjings that do not now exist.

Many of the temples are reaching tipping points where the entire exoerience is downgraded because the temple is so ruined. Years ago I knew so much about those temples I could be a guide.

I've been to the Bagan temple complex four or five times as well.

I've visited nearly every important temple from Bali to India (excluding deep South).

Yeah, I love temples. I love History - I majored in it in school. So to people that roll their eyes, scoff..just a bunch of plebs.

So please sit on your bar stool on Soi 4, visit the grand palace with your rental, take a bunch of photos and tell everyone back home what a traveler you are. Leave the real adventuring to adventurers.

• Like 2

here.

Who are all those guys sitting in bars on Loi Kroh Road and in massage parlors and brothels all over the city? Thank Buddha that Chiang Mai is not pure and proper as some would like. biggrin.png

I'm a newbie here and this is my first post, so bare with me if I ramble on a bit.

I originaly planned to settle in the Philippines. When I visited there 12 years ago I saw it as a better place to be than Thailand. Costs were a little lower and everyone has a pretty good understanding of English.

I was being a bit of a player and had been chatting with a Thai woman and a Filipina for about 6 years now. I decided to go to the Philippines and if things didn't work out as expected, come to Thailand. Thats basicaly what ended up happening.

The Philippines has changed a lot over the past 12 years and so have the people. The women I went to meet was lovely. Not a stunner, but I've had my fill of stunners over the years and that's not what I need at my time of life. But, her, her family and her friends jsut seemed to want to take money from me. It was a shock, even though I was there for 6 weeks 12 years ago with a previouse GF, things had changed so much.

After 5 days I decided that Thailand was the place for me and I'm so glad that I did. Again, the woman I am with isn't a stunner, but she is a fantastic person for me to be with and she seems to feel the same about me. She lets me share her home, even when she goes to work. I've been introduced to all of the family and friends. I know it's not the money, as I've now run out my meagre monthly allowance until the end of the month and she is paying for my keep.

Saying all the above, I've had an interest in Buddhism for a long time now, having lost my faith in Christianity for a number of reasons. So being here I can also learn about Buddhism and visit many wonderful temples.

So for me: women first, temples second.

Ramble over.