Bht 59.00 - All You Can Eat

jayenram

The FG and I went out to eat last night at a newly opened restaurant with Thai friends. It was self service barbeque style with an "all you can eat for Bht 59.00" theme. I understand that they also had a Cheers promotion something like "buy 1 get the rest of the case free" :D:D . However, there was a sting in the tail which was not advertised. Should you not eat all that you bring to the table (unlikely for Thais, I know), then you are charged an extra Bht 5.00 per piece for the remainder. Needless to say there was nothing left on our table. :o

Should you not eat all that you bring to the table (unlikely for Thais, I know), then you are charged an extra Bht 5.00 per piece for the remainder. Needless to say there was nothing left on our table. :o

It's the same in out local BBQ.... the wife has become quite skilled in hiding unwanted food ! :D

totster :D

:o:D All of the **Qs up this neck of the wood were recently 69 all you can eat ...now gone up to 79 *ut at least you can get there on a 6*t *us....must get my * fixed......Heine still 75 a large one and no penalties...Sri-nak /Theparak. and top end of Suk rd..... :D

Should you not eat all that you bring to the table (unlikely for Thais, I know), then you are charged an extra Bht 5.00 per piece for the remainder. Needless to say there was nothing left on our table. :o

It's the same in out local BBQ.... the wife has become quite skilled in hiding unwanted food ! :D

totster :D

Always knew soi dogs would come in handy. Seems there's always a few of them doing their rounds near the tables.

• 6 months later...
QUOTE(jayenram @ 2006-03-23 07:48:48)

Should you not eat all that you bring to the table (unlikely for Thais, I know), then you are charged an extra Bht 5.00 per piece for the remainder. Needless to say there was nothing left on our table.

It's the same in out local BBQ.... the wife has become quite skilled in hiding unwanted food !

totster

I usually give the leftovers to some lucky dog, or through into the nearby water - I ain't paying for leftovers at an all you can eat - NEVER, also as Tots says, easily hidden.

These places are everywhere 59, 79 and 99.

My experience is 59 and 79 are sort of ok but at 99 its way better, eg. whole fish grilled to your taste, steaks and chops samesame and no sting in the tail.

One thing is they are for Thais and not catering to tourists so the food will be the real thing. :o

Wash it down with a couple of cold ones and all is right with the world.

Magic Food at the New Airport (Suwana) next to the Ex press Bus thingy is place for Eye Candy (airport workers)and not bad Cheapist Food...

Upstairs is a rip off.....and not a patch on old Dons Place...

Had to go again this morning ..30 minutes door 2 door...

Jackie Stewart this time... :o

• 2 weeks later...

as there are already places where one can eat steaks, bbq fish and stuff for only 99 baht - i wonder who comes up next with an eatery where they pay you for emptying the buffet!?

Just a thought - I may have been always at the wrong spots or too sober... these shreds and pieces of shrapnell could easely be ANYTHING from 'below' the butchers table or does anyone REALLY believe people can afford to give away ANYTHING ?

For me food is entertainment, foremost enjoyment, if I see already these dinted, almost beyond recognition, aluminum "Korean BBQ" things... and the general cleanlyness of the 'Buffet Area" and how everyone, especially the locals, poking around in the food, displayed, I had enough already!

Then seeing some in between poking their noses...then I prefer to have a humble noodle soup for just 30...baht e-xtra large 40...and i'll never run the risk to find myself in bed with those horrific stomach cramps lasting all night and next day...if ones 'lucky', can even take a couple a days off work..

Besides, if one doesn't only eat, but consumes drinks as well, check the bill and compare...

"There ain't nothin' in the ENTIRE world like a free lunch!"

Edited by Samuian