British Passport Renewal

bitewhentested

I just got my new passport a couple of weeks ago. The 4 to 6 weeks is their general guideline. I got mine in 3.5 weeks. They do say that from May onwards it can take longer than usual because of the rush for those looking to go on Summer holidays; so 6 weeks is usually the longest when it's busy.

I sent my son's in about 10 days ago.

It goes, Thailand - HK - UK and back (not sure if through HK again)!!

Before it used to go HK only.

I'll post when it arrives!

Did mine last year, arrived day 24....... coming back it did a stop for a day in Vietnam ? DHL Vietnam even sent an email to tell me it had arrived there and when it was being sent on to Thailand.

That was the 1st I heard anything, why UK cannot send a email to give the tracking number or that the Passport has even arrived is beyond me ? well not really guess they would charge XX GBP more to do that.

• Like 1

I sent my son's in about 10 days ago.

It goes, Thailand - HK - UK and back (not sure if through HK again)!!

Before it used to go HK only.

I'll post when it arrives!

We got his passport today.

Took 19 days.

I remember the consular staff telling me when the pound was worth 75 baht that the above inflation rises for consular services was due to the poor exchange rate.

More recently the consular staff have told me that the above inflation rises for consular services are due to the poor exchange rate of 43 baht to the pound.

I think they could be BSing me/us.

I remember the consular staff telling me when the pound was worth 75 baht that the above inflation rises for consular services was due to the poor exchange rate.

More recently the consular staff have told me that the above inflation rises for consular services are due to the poor exchange rate of 43 baht to the pound.

I think they could be BSing me/us.

Moving goalposts: I remember being able to afford 2 ladies a night....but now i have taken up DIY