Places Where Thais Look For Job Offers

Hi there,

I am trying to help a Thai to find a job. I know websites such as jobsdb, jobstreet, etc, but I am looking for more Thai oriented sites or newspapers for people without management skills. In most of the English websites the positions are for managers and similar.

Ideally I would like to get a place to look for offers like retail shop salesmen, waiters, things like that.

Google "Thai job websites". The first half dozen will be the international websites such as those you mentioned, after that you'll see mostly Thai sites. A better idea though would be for a Thai to type the same in Thai.

• Like 1

Has it dawned on you maybe the Thai doesnt want a job?

Where abouts are you in Thailand?

I see job adverts all over the place, in shop winows, outside restaurants, in every large shopping centre there is at least one notice board listing jobs, 7-11s have adverts advertising for staff, I see adverts on the back of delivery trucks asking for staff.

All the jobs you talk about are advertised in Bkk, Central was looking for staff, paying from 12/15 k up to 20k per month.

From what I have observed over the years any Thai that wants a job can get one, if they say they cant its usually BS.

I see job adverts all over the place, in shop winows, outside restaurants, in every large shopping centre there is at least one notice board listing jobs, 7-11s have adverts advertising for staff, I see adverts on the back of delivery trucks asking for staff.

All the jobs you talk about are advertised in Bkk, Central was looking for staff, paying from 12/15 k up to 20k per month.

From what I have observed over the years any Thai that wants a job can get one, if they say they cant its usually BS.

Couldn't agree with you more! And as for the original poster why don't you ask your friend why he doesn't go to the local labour department, register and look through the many jobs that are posted up there?
  • Like 1

The labour department is a good idea.

Your comments (both of you) are following atandard TV style. I asked about where to look but you replied if she is a lazy parasite...

Just to clarify, she is a 28 yo who didn't finish university. Has been, and is, working for the same company for more than 7 years, selling in their retail stores in shopping malls. The company is going to relocate her to a place she is not willing to go with conditions she is not willing to accept. That's the reason why she wants to find a new job and I am trying to help.

Of course there are signs asking for staff in many shops, but difficult to see them when you are working the whole day and have so few days off. Not to mention almost all of them are asking for degrees even for the most basic jobs, that's why I thought it's better to browse on internet or a newspaper and apply for the ones she feel qualified.

Thanks anyway to everyone who replied

Couldn't agree with you more! And as for the original poster why don't you ask your friend why he doesn't go to the local labour department, register and look through the many jobs that are posted up there?

Your comments (both of you) are following atandard TV style. I asked about where to look but you replied if she is a lazy parasite...

Just to clarify, she is a 28 yo who didn't finish university. Has been, and is, working for the same company for more than 7 years, selling in their retail stores in shopping malls. The company is going to relocate her to a place she is not willing to go with conditions she is not willing to accept. That's the reason why she wants to find a new job and I am trying to help.

Of course there are signs asking for staff in many shops, but difficult to see them when you are working the whole day and have so few days off. Not to mention almost all of them are asking for degrees even for the most basic jobs, that's why I thought it's better to browse on internet or a newspaper and apply for the ones she feel qualified.

And she is so uneducated that she doesn't understand that Thai's get jobs at the labour department? Jesus, 14 year old kids understand that! Me thinks that it's you who doesn't understand Thai life.... never mind give her some more money and she'll give you want ever you want and you'll both get no-where

Google "Thai job websites". The first half dozen will be the international websites such as those you mentioned, after that you'll see mostly Thai sites. A better idea though would be for a Thai to type the same in Thai.

As I've learned on many occasion in LOS. Use the indigenous language to search you get the widest range of results.

Your comments (both of you) are following atandard TV style. I asked

about where to look but you replied if she is a lazy parasite...

No one implied any such thing, you asked for advice it was given.

I am trying to help.

Can you read Thai, I as a non Thai am able to read these adverts all over the place, can you?

Is this Thai so busy she also has no time to read these adverts that can be found in every shopping mall.

Heres a few more tips for you, go to any 7-11, they have A4 sized magazines for sale that contain nothing but jobs, cost is about 20 baht.

In the last month or so I have been in, Central Bang Na, The Mall Bang Kapi, Fashion Island and Seacon Square, all have shops advertising positions available.

Heck at the pier at Pratunam there were adverts for Central formerly known as Wotec.

Many Thais will find employment through family and friends.

And finally as another kind poster pointed out, the local labour dep't.

I believe the unemployment rate in Thailand is about 1%, as I mentioned earlier, there is work to be found for the majority of Thais, if they want to work, take that any way you want.

• Like 1

rgs2001uk, that is exactly what you were suggesting and you bloody know it.

Your comments (both of you) are following atandard TV style. I asked

about where to look but you replied if she is a lazy parasite...

No one implied any such thing, you asked for advice it was given.

I am trying to help.

Can you read Thai, I as a non Thai am able to read these adverts all over the place, can you?

Is this Thai so busy she also has no time to read these adverts that can be found in every shopping mall.

Heres a few more tips for you, go to any 7-11, they have A4 sized magazines for sale that contain nothing but jobs, cost is about 20 baht.

In the last month or so I have been in, Central Bang Na, The Mall Bang Kapi, Fashion Island and Seacon Square, all have shops advertising positions available.

Heck at the pier at Pratunam there were adverts for Central formerly known as Wotec.

Many Thais will find employment through family and friends.

And finally as another kind poster pointed out, the local labour dep't.

I believe the unemployment rate in Thailand is about 1%, as I mentioned earlier, there is work to be found for the majority of Thais, if they want to work, take that any way you want.

Now you're trying to wriggle out of it.

^^^^^, HM, trying to be diplomatic, beleive me I could tear this post to shreds, but thats something best left for the general forum.

Conflict avoidance etc etc, take the middle path, I wonder just how much Thai the OP can speak?

These girls with no more then a M4 education can be found all over BKK, I will make no further comment, but you get my drift.

^^^^^, HM, trying to be diplomatic, beleive me I could tear this post to shreds, but thats something best left for the general forum.

Conflict avoidance etc etc, take the middle path, I wonder just how much Thai the OP can speak?

These girls with no more then a M4 education can be found all over BKK, I will make no further comment, but you get my drift.

What difference does it make whether or not OP can speak Thai? I find that has no relevance whatsoever to his post, the advice he is looking for or this silly little argument.

You did make a derogatory remark....you must admit that.

As far as "tearing this post to pieces"..... knock yourself out there "warrior boy". Tear it up. Let's have a look at your intellectual arsenal. %$#@#ing idiot.

What difference does it make whether or not OP can speak Thai? I find that has no relevance whatsoever to his post, the advice he is looking for or this silly little argument.

You did make a derogatory remark....you must admit that.

As far as "tearing this post to pieces"..... knock yourself out there "warrior boy". Tear it up. Let's have a look at your intellectual arsenal. %$#@#ing idiot.

What difference does it make whether or not OP can speak Thai?

Well how TF is he going to help look for a job if he doesnt?

You did make a derogatory remark.

Really, please point it out.

you must admit that.

Really, I must, says who?

Tear it up. Let's have a look at your intellectual arsenal.

No need to tear it up, you have already done just that for me,

Thai workers are emotional babies, lazy unreliable and can't take care of themselves

Penned by your very own hand, from here,

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/639919-laos-workers/

%$#@#ing idiot.

The only one looking like a muppet here is you, thanks for dropping by, your input has been invaluable, apart from being unable to answer the OPs question or provide any input, the only thing you have achieved is to make yourself look like a complete fool, hardly unexpected from someone who needs to come onto a public forum and ask for a loan,

another of yours I believe,

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/630893-financing-for-foreigners-in-thailand-asset-rich-but-cash-poor/

Great stuff, thanks for dropping by, needed a good laugh, you certainly provided it.

Edited by rgs2001uk