Acceptable Deposit For A Motorbike

Greenwich Boy

Having survived a reasonably stress free trip to immigration this morning (was there at 7.10 and still no 68) I was having a little potter around on the bike when I got pulled turning left at the Narawat Bridge.

Bit peeved as I had waited for the green light and was wearing my helmet.

I only have a photocopy of my licence as the bike hire firm have the original - those wishing to laugh may do so now as it was obviously a dumb thing to do.

anyway realised it was time to shut up and pay up - this is not a BiB dig - they were stopping Thai and Farang alike

So my question is is it acceptable or advisable to leave a cash deposit as security for the bike instead of a licence and , if so, what sort of amount

many thanks

Yes in the past 3000 was the deposit,no one ever asked to even see a licence but wanted photocopy of passport.

Don't ever ever leave your passport with anyone, f they want it move to the next rental,easy.

Would you leave them you credit card....no!

As for driving licence you need to carry original with you every day.

Yes in the past 3000 was the deposit,no one ever asked to even see a licence but wanted photocopy of passport.

Don't ever ever leave your passport with anyone, f they want it move to the next rental,easy.

Would you leave them you credit card....no!

As for driving licence you need to carry original with you every day.

yes daft decision on my part - but if it is a lesson learnt that only cost 200 baht won't complain.

on the bright side I got to queue at immigration and a police station in the same morning and still made it to lunch in time!smile.png